AVGN: Amiga CD32 (Ep 162)

James / November 21st, 2018

Comments

• Christian Koczy

November 22, 2018 at 1:04 am

Well, the CD32 might have been COMMODORE’s death blow, but there have been a number of good games. You should have tried the CDTV. THAT was horrific. As an old AMIGA user – we still have our glorious AMIGA-CUP once a year – I want to solve the “UP – JUMP – MYSTERY”: Most of these games were ports from the AMIGA 500 or AMIGA 1200 where the common controller was a joystick. Even today I still like the way of jumping while pressing up the joystick, IF there’s a good one, preferably a COMPETITION PRO, at hand. With a normal controller this is a really bad idea, of course. RIP, AMIGA 500 and COMMODORE. Drowning in shit is a cruel way to die. Luckily the COMMODORE scene is still alive after all these years…

• Mac Tonight

November 22, 2018 at 1:01 pm

Growing up in the u.k I actually owned a CD32 at launch. In all honesty it’s just a slightly more powerful commodore Amiga and most if the games were just Amiga ports with CD quality soundtracks. Having said that it was still a fun system and I loved the Commodore Amiga anyways so most of the games appealed to me. Interestingly some games made it to home consoles, Oscar and Zool both popped up on the Snes and Bubba and Stix came out on Genesis.

• Mac Tonight

November 22, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving!

• November 22, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Hah! Nice crossover with the Rentals. XD
    As for the instructions on how to circumvent a bug, I’ve come across some of that nonsense myself. Programmers that just can’t be bothered to find a proper fix.
    But I have also been told by my father to let a mem-test run for about 3 ticks before aborting back when I played on the Atari ST and Atari Falcon. But I tell you, there are some games that absolutely refuse to run unless it is done before the Desktop appears, and others that demand a Desktop environment, and some that just straight up won’t run because your RAM is not exactly equal to 1MB.
    It is moments like these you break out the emus and the crack-fixed versions of the games.

• lotusclown

November 23, 2018 at 5:51 am

yeah this pos was a legendary fail to launch, it never even got to the starting point, explains why i only ever saw one advertisement for it in a Sears catalog then never read or heard anything about it again. what a pos.

• pleasetakeabow

November 30, 2018 at 1:28 am

Another amazing AVGN video. Had me laughing like an idiot. Stoked to see part 2!!

• Nathan Murby

December 3, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Came here to say Bubba and Stix was a great game (Genesis).

Keep up the great work man, your videos are hilarious.