AVGN: Lightspan Adventures (PS1)

Mike Matei / December 22nd, 2017

AVGN: Lightspan Adventures (PS1) episode 155

Comments

• Corey Keesler

December 22, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Nice review reminds me of mavis beacon teaches typing and other horrid school PC “games”

• matto80

December 22, 2017 at 2:21 pm

I think this is destined to become one of those AVGN classics. Thanks for so much entertainment throughout all these years ๐Ÿ™‚

• gone with the vint

December 22, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Funny how you pronounce Jules Verne – according to the fact he was french, he should be pronounced french and the closest word to the french pronuncation is the english word “Jewel” I guess. Best from Germany!

• Mac Tonight

December 22, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Great video James! Merry Christmas to you, Mike and the rest of the Cinemassacre crew.

• Justin Middleton

December 22, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Yet another great Nerd video, James. Keep rocking it as always!!!!

And a very merry Christmas to you.

• bud

December 22, 2017 at 11:37 pm

I love the Nerd Christmas theme song. It’s not Christmas without the annual Cinemassacre special.
    I feel like I learned a lot from this episode and it expanded my vocabulary considerably as well as providing an abundance of entertainment value.
    Thank you, Exasperated Electronic Amusement Connoisseur, and a Happy Shut The Fuck Up to you! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Tross

December 23, 2017 at 2:25 am

I’m hoping your PS1 toss-fest is a joke. It’s pretty neat that schools gave out PlayStations if they were indeed provided. And no, your analogy doesn’t work as kids who got a PlayStation probably also managed invested in some actual games for it, or more likely, hit up their parents for it. Were the PS1s on loan or did they just give them out? I’m actually quite fascinated by this and had no idea it was even a thing.

• Jimmy Reed

December 23, 2017 at 7:32 am

Happy Shut The Fuck Up! I feel all warm and Christmas-y now that there’s a new Christmas AVGN

• Eric Ledger

December 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm

I wonder why you chose that series of games for this year’s Christmas video? I mean, I get the buildup, but the games themselves have nothing to do with the holidays. If anything, you should’ve reviewed them in late August or early September, for a “back-to-school”-themed video, even though you’re already long out of school.

• Hanglyman

December 24, 2017 at 12:44 am

Why Jules Verne and not H.G Wells?

• Pablo1989

December 28, 2017 at 12:06 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ Because Oscar Wilde hate woman

• Samuel Stinson

December 27, 2017 at 9:17 am

Yes, numbers are adjectives. Ah, educational gamesโ€”the most frustrating way to learn.

• NashKnight

December 29, 2017 at 8:04 pm

If you love this kind of thing be sure to check out a YouTube channel called BrutalMoose, he has done a number of hilarious reviews of educational games.

• lotusclown

January 3, 2018 at 5:27 pm

yeah.. no.. didn’t even feel like Christmas this year, by far the shittiest holiday season i’ve had in years, thanks for the hilarious review tho James.

• Desean Harris

February 19, 2018 at 2:41 pm

PLZZZZZ review bubsy and bubsy 2

• AnKun

March 10, 2018 at 7:41 am

Beware, when you run shitty games on your console, they are staining the RAM. They leave a tiny shit bytes in the memory and when you stop the game, the shit bytes are stored there forever, corrupting console’s memory over time. You can clear some of the shit bytes if you run a really, really good game for a long time, but you can’t clear it completely, so a shit stained console should be disposed of in a safe manner (don’t forget to wear hazmat suit)

• EvilMonkey666

April 16, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Whens the new videos comin’ ma neerd?

• mikey

November 11, 2018 at 4:17 pm

I have a game request for you

• mikey

November 11, 2018 at 4:22 pm

I have a game request for you takeshi’s challenge on the Famicom