American Movie quotes referenced by AVGN

Ryan / February 10th, 2010

As a lot of you already know, one of my favorite movies is ย American Movie. Many times, I’ve quoted it in AVGN episodes. Here are some examples, just for shits and giggles.

Comments

• April 9, 2010 at 9:45 pm

After watching that video, I got a chance to see the movie on Netflix Instant Viewer and it’s not bad! The quotes you mentioned are definitely the highlight of this film!

• CRMcKenzie2810

April 14, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Could anyone please tell me which AVGN, the wrench scene is from?
    I don’t think i’ve seen that one..

• firespray89

April 14, 2010 at 10:06 pm

@CRMcKenzie2810 it’s the terminator episode ๐Ÿ™‚

• Cat_tit_Bingo

April 27, 2010 at 2:48 am

I drank a bottle of Stoli and called Nuuk Greenland… <3 …. Love this movie. Makes being human not so fatalistic. Makes life real and makes it okay to fuck up, but still move on. Love it.

• SuperNintendoChalmers

May 17, 2010 at 11:23 am

I watched it once and thought it was quite amusing with some inspired acting. second time i watched it and learned it was all for real and now I think it’s absolutely fantastic!!

• May 23, 2010 at 11:33 pm

I watched this movie because of James and the above clip, and it’s now in my top 10 of all time. It’s brilliant. I’ve made at least 5 other people watch it and bought multiple copies.

James influences my life.

Don’t forget to listen to the audio commentary track on the DVD version!

• Dooickouski

June 12, 2010 at 1:51 am

Did you know you can watch this movie for free on Crackle?
    It’s pretty sweet, and it’s the only movie I could find that I was interested in on that site. I’m sure you might not care, but anyone else who’s interested in checking it out might care.

• July 29, 2010 at 4:29 am

I’m kinda into “filmography” myself, the movie looks interesting.

• Rayta Marsh

October 4, 2010 at 4:36 pm

This movie seems pretty funny and interesting…I might have to rent it when I get the chance ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks James!

• Aeffles

October 18, 2010 at 8:03 pm

I watched this movie in High School in a Mass Media class and bought it on DVD the week after we finished it in class. I was really into making movies myself so I got sucked in. Epic film. I love it.

• KinaMassakre

October 19, 2010 at 5:49 pm

0:49 HAHA

Think i’m going to see that movie now ๐Ÿ˜€

• videogameobserver

October 21, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I couldn’t find this movie in any local video store, so I signed up for Netflix just to see it. Look ma!

• April 17, 2011 at 5:00 am

Wow, it was pretty cool to see how you reused the quotes. Iโ€™m definitely going to check the movie out and watch out for more Nerd references to it. โ€œ…TRY TO HELP ME NOW, MAN!!โ€

• Haristo

June 18, 2011 at 11:26 pm

most quotable movie ever ? Hehe… YOU don’t know The Room my dear…

• jon2thejon2

August 2, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Great movie. Can’t wait to buy Coven.

• August 21, 2011 at 1:09 am

Ever since I watched this video some months ago I use the phrase “But that’s what happens man”

• mike5422

October 19, 2011 at 3:10 pm

its alright! its ok! Theres something to live for! Jesus told me so!