See new AVGN early on Amazon

James / April 18th, 2018

Angry Video Game Nerd: Episode 156: Earthbound (SNES) is up now on Amazon Prime. See here.

Amazon US Link

Amazon UK Link

It will be on YouTube very soon, as usual. Nothing changes. But if you want to see it early, go to Amazon. It’s free, just the same, and no ads if you have Amazon Prime. It’s just another available platform to watch the videos. All the old episodes are being remastered and added to Amazon.

UPDATE: So sorry to hear there’s country restrictions on Amazon. What a tease. We’ll work on getting that resolved. But either way, it’ll be on YouTube in a week.

Comments

• KennyM

April 18, 2018 at 1:21 pm

I’m really not sure how i feel about you doing this James

• KennyM

April 18, 2018 at 1:27 pm

So does this mean you’ll actually have a somewhat reasonable release schedule now? I like James and Mike Mondays, but every time I see one i just wish it was an avgn, It’s like a good appetizer before a great meal. Your current form of episodes is great and all, but half the time it feels like the review is an afterthought. I would love a simple four to six minute nerd every week or two like you do with JMM rather than waiting 4-6 months or till the end of the yeah for the holidays. oct-dec is amazing. This is not a hateful comment, I just love avgn so much

• Mac Tonight

April 18, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Wow congrats James on getting your videos on Amazon. I don’t see it as a big deal Mark Bussler’s been using Amazon for content for ages now. It’s a good way to get more people into AVGN since Amazon has global exposure.

• calmLIKEaBOB-OMB

April 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Earthbound is over rated… It’s shit.

• April 18, 2018 at 3:12 pm

I’d love to support you James, but it says the video isn’t available in my region…. Canada. lol

• Hatebreeder

April 19, 2018 at 3:50 pm

Same here. I even have an Amazon Prime account but still can’t watch it.

• April 22, 2018 at 10:26 pm

Same here, can’t watch it

• Anton Caspary

April 18, 2018 at 6:53 pm

As much as I love the stuff you’ve produced out of your creative genius since the beginning, I’m still upset about the region specific broadcasting. I know it’s not your fault big guy. Hopefully there can be some compromise. You gotta do what you gotta do for revenue. I’ll wait patiently for the content to appear on this site or Youtube. All the best!

• Barbara Gordon

April 18, 2018 at 8:16 pm

I can’t watch it on Amazon due to region lock, but still, whatever you need to do to continue with your awesome job, I’ll support! (I can’t imagine my life without J&MM)

• Brandon Petrescue

April 19, 2018 at 3:11 am

Not sure why this content would be region locked but I can’t watch this in Canada! If you guys are able to change the region lock it would be much appreciated!

• playerlin

April 19, 2018 at 6:35 am

Oh, new episode finally, hope you can fix the region lock problem because it’ll pissed a lot of oversea fans… 🙂

• EvilMonkey666

April 19, 2018 at 1:35 pm

I cant watch it on Amazon Prime. It seems to be restricted to USA. Why isn’t it available in Europe?

• GorgeousBones

April 19, 2018 at 3:07 pm

Hey James, I’m all in favour of you finding new way to monetize your videos, but please think of your fans outside of the US next time. It really sucks for us that we can’t see the episode even if we want to, even if we have Amazon Prime in our countries. Next time I hope the episode gets a worldwide release.

• April 19, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Wish I could see it on there but sadly I can’t 🙁 I have prime but I can’t see it in Sweden!

• April 19, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Major congrats on this, James! It’s a good get and gives you more “Legitimate” credentials for future stuff. (Speaking of, holy shit I’m hype for whatever non-nerd big projects you’ve secretly got cooking) 😀

• matto1980

April 20, 2018 at 11:41 am

Well I’m happy to see this guys jumping to a platform that maybe helps them getting more royalties (and thus time) to work on their project. I think Cinemassacre has achieved something a lot of artists struggle with: keeping good content that remains true to their style (and to their fans) while continuing to growth. Cheers to you guys.

• Movie_Fan

April 24, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Are you aware that the Cinemassacre website generates over $60,000 per year? They hardly need more royalties to earn a good living

• Chris Day

April 25, 2018 at 9:06 am

I’d LOVE to have a general idea of how much Mike makes yearly from all this. There’s what this website generates, then what two youtube channels generate (one of which has millions of subs and nearly a billion views), then there is AVGN merch, aswell as the AVGN videogames, aswell as what Mike makes on Twitch with all those subs and nearly 10,000 followers. His house is nice and he always has nice new toys, games and equipment. Then lets not forget that Mike probably makes a nice little sum doing all those events/cons for screenwave media.

I’m a big fan of James and Mikes, but there’s little doubt that they are each making incomes that rival highly paid professions like Doctors.

• Simon

April 21, 2018 at 11:21 am

This was an incredible episode, if not the best ever. Brilliant! Classic Nerd rants and some poignant moments too.
    It was good to see the Nerd react to a game he enjoyed.

• doodoopasta

April 21, 2018 at 4:02 pm

James already tried this “pay for early access” back when his videos were hosted by ScrewAttack. Does anyone remember how much money he had left over after the AVGN Movie? Was it $300,000.00 or so?

Personally I feel that Cinemassacre has been sub-par for the last couple years at least, but especially lately.

James is also late to the Earthbound bandwagon as Zero Punctuation and 16-Bit Gems already covered it years ago and the Dundertale fans made it unpopular to like it.

Unfortunately, I feel the AVGN has run its course. It was good but never worth paying for, and if it had been it would have been years ago when the videos were quality.

Cinemassacre has slowly been turning into the Mike Production Channel and he’s a pompous ass.

James, you greedy.

• Jdbye

June 23, 2018 at 7:51 am

AVGN is still the same it used to be IMO. There’s a mix of quick videos that are all about the game and longer ones with a plot, some people may like one more than the other but I personally like both and wouldn’t mind if he did less of the ones that take forever to make due to requiring special effects and a lot of editing. But I don’t think AVGN has changed much, and maybe that’s the problem? I personally don’t mind though.

• Jdbye

June 23, 2018 at 7:51 am

I mean I wouldn’t mind if he did less of those videos if it meant more frequent AVGN episodes.

• doodoopasta

April 21, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Amazon had a book burning a few months ago. Boycott Amazon.

• max conde

April 24, 2018 at 5:04 am

Shout out to Big Rigs James referencing the epic email that made you crack up.

• Jdbye

June 23, 2018 at 7:46 am

Can confirm that the AVGN episodes are not available on Prime Video in Norway either (using primevideo.com)
    The movie is though, so since you got that to be available internationally, making the episodes available shouldn’t be that hard either?