Lookin’ at Hacks – James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / February 7th, 2018

Lookin’ at Hacks

James and Mike take a look through some of Mike’s hack & homebrew collection

Comments

• TheDers

February 7, 2018 at 6:50 am

Someone is really dropping the ball with these website updates.

• scronan

February 7, 2018 at 10:40 am

That cart color is Burnt Sienna. 🙂

• Scott

February 13, 2018 at 2:43 pm

Its actually called “Canela” which is spanish for cinnamon but weirdly enough isnt the same color as cinnamon, I worked as a screenprinter for a few years and I get weirdly OCD about pantone colors lol, if you need google “canela color” you’ll see what I mean…

• February 7, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Hey Mike you like Bomberman?
    I programmed a version for the NES that has four players. Also eight levels and a whole screen full of options.
    The rest of the retro scene is currently making a lawyer-friendly version out of it but here you can get the “original”:

tempect.de/senil/progra/bmbrman3.nes

Not a hack, it’s a homebrew.

I know you prefer games on cartridges instead of ROM only, but there’s only three prototype carts so far. Maybe one day I’ll ship you a copy.

• Mac Tonight

February 8, 2018 at 11:46 am

You guys should do some snes msu-1 hacks. There’s a fantastic instrumental version of the super castlevania soundtrack out there as well as a great rock version of the super ghouls ‘n ghosts soundtrack.

• Dan85

February 8, 2018 at 3:29 pm

“The new series is pretty good.” Brony Nerd confirmed. Maybe play Story of the Blanks or the FFVI pony version or Ponyvania: Order of Equestria

• NashKnight

February 10, 2018 at 3:27 pm

If I wanted to look at hacks I’d just watch Angry Joe 😀

• Scott

February 13, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Everyone keeps telling you that color is Burnt orange or Burnt sienna but its actually called “Canela” which is spanish for cinnamon but weirdly enough isnt the same color as cinnamon, if you need google “canela color” you’ll see what I mean…

• 12d3

February 13, 2018 at 2:45 pm

and if anyone thinks im being a know-it-all or something it’s just that I worked as a screenprinter for a few years and I get weirdly OCD about pantone colors lol

• Zach Standig

February 16, 2018 at 12:23 pm

*Super Bomberman 3 is the Super Famicom game in a US shell
    *Kart Fighter is a Chinese ‘original’
    *Beat ’em and Eat ’em is a homebrew ‘port’ of an Atari 2600 game
    *Super Contra 7 is one of those odd Chinese hackjobs
    *Super Mario Adventures is a graphics hack of Tiny Toon Adventures
    *Earthbound ‘Zero’ is the unreleased localisation of Mother aka ‘Earth_Bound’. Now known as Earthbound Beginnings.
    *Rockman Claw box-art is the European box-art for ‘Mega Man’
    *Wario Blast seems to be an NES version of the Gameboy game…kinda
    *Sunman was never released, it was going to be a Superman game, there are hacks that change it back to being a Superman game.
    *Sweet Home is an RPG that was fan-translated to English, considered the origin of the Resident Evil series.
    Robocop vs. Terminator (NES) is an unreleased proto

I really liked this episode, thanks for making it.