Lords of Thunder (PC Engine CD) James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / January 29th, 2018

Lords of Thunder (PC Engine CD) James & Mike Mondays

Comments

• Matt

January 29, 2018 at 9:32 am

Cool game. Also, I feel compelled to mention a few good games of this type on the Sega side of the fence: Air Busters and Sol-Feace (and I remember you basically gave the latter a passing grade back in the Sega-CD episode).

Lastly, I think Satan would make people play that fucking Victor Beta-Maxx system you guys showed in one of the bonus features videos. I laughed my ass off watching that feature.

• Mac Tonight

January 29, 2018 at 10:46 am

Love this game. The soundtrack is slightly different between the Sega CD and Turbografx cd versions. Personally I like the Sega CD version soundtrack better, what’s your preference?

• January 29, 2018 at 1:02 pm

It’s an early CD-ROM game.
    Want the soundtrack? Just stick it in your CD-Player and make sure to skip Track 01 (which is the data track).
    Works for most SEGA CD games as well as a few PC CDROM games and I bet my ass it works for this game.

Satan forces people to use Windows 8(.0)

• FJMcCloud

January 30, 2018 at 3:09 am

Nice try! You’re almost correct. Except that for Lords of Thunder, the data track is track 2. Track 1 contains the warning audio track about the data track. Gate of Thunder has 3 data tracks.

• NashKnight

January 29, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Awesome game with an even more awesome soundtrack, thank you for recommending it!

• January 29, 2018 at 4:00 pm

I always thought Radiant Silvergun was the best one ever made. By far.

• Joey Weedmark

January 30, 2018 at 6:43 pm

I was lucky enough to score a turbografx at radio shack for 30 bucks when they were on clearance. it came with keith courage which was pretty decent. another great game I had was called dead moon. probably one of my favorite shooters of all time mext to super earth defense force for snes. would love to see you guys give that game a playthrough while you’re on the subject of turbografx and space shooters. it had a great soundtrack as well.

• Savikain

January 31, 2018 at 11:22 am

I feel like everyone forgets about the Raiden series. Raiden Trad ate a lot of my quarters throughout the 90’s.