The Immortal (NES) James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / December 19th, 2017

James and Mike play The Immortal for NES!

• Jimmy Reed

December 19, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Hey Mike, just out of curiosity, why are these coming out on Mondays on YouTube, but not until Tuesdays on Cinemassacre? Anyway, thanks for all of the content over the years; you guys rock!

• Rygar1

December 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Yeah I noticed that too. It’s been like that for a bit lately. Sometimes it’ll come out almost towards the end of the week, especially with the Mike & Ryan videos. They’re probably just really busy right now.

• Jimmy Reed

December 19, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too.

• Grandmasterp

December 19, 2017 at 6:51 pm

If you spam your button you can climb out of the pit. This game is phenomenal and graphically one of the best games on the Nintendo. It is a bit criptic, but you just have to get good bro.

• fanboyfilms

December 19, 2017 at 9:25 pm

I remember playing this as a kid with my friend and we beat it. This was pre-internet so I don’t think we had any help other than that half-level walkthrough in NP. It’s what you describe, frustration of traps and one-hit deaths. But I think you get used to what it is and just learn to be very careful and it becomes a little easier to navigate until the end when it gets harder again.

• Michael Williams

December 20, 2017 at 5:49 am

More like James & Mike Tuesdays y’know what i’m saying heheh.

• Zero_HU

December 20, 2017 at 11:24 am

verb (used with object), incinerated, incinerating.
    1. to burn or reduce to ashes; cremate.

How the fuck was it surprising, that you didn’t survive that?

• jooch

December 22, 2017 at 8:15 pm

That’s exactly what i was thinking! and to think english isn’t even my mother tongue.
      James: That’s good…

They were on drugs when they were playing this one 😀

• Matt

December 20, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Damn, you’ve been making me remember multiple games I forgot recently. I owned Masters of Teras Kasi back in the day but had forgotten about it (and long since lost my copy) before the Nerd episode last week. And now you play this game, which I had completely purged from my mind until I opened Cinemassacre today. “Take you back to the past,” indeed. Keep up the great work.

• Matt

December 20, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Also, “prepare to continue” is a hilarious in-game message.

• twinbee

December 20, 2017 at 11:38 pm

Try the sega genesis version. I think it will make a lot more sense.

• NashKnight

December 21, 2017 at 1:38 pm

I love your videos because of your banter and childlike sense of wonder, but you two really don’t know much about video games

• December 21, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Very entertaining–this felt like an AVGN episode. It’s too bad, because the game looks and sounds great.

• Jan El Senor

December 22, 2017 at 11:22 am

I played the Genesis version, but remember using the Nintendo Power guide to get through it. Could only ever get to the 4th level though.. Loved the game but it was hard as hell.

• Anthony33

December 23, 2017 at 6:43 am

Nintendo Power is cool, but you also might want to try Gamefaqs. I imagine you did though when you said you looked it up online. They usually have really good walkthroughs. Youtube is another great source for walkthroughs, kind of like when Mike does a complete playthrough.

• Anthony33

December 23, 2017 at 6:44 am

Games like this are why I’m glad Game Genie was invented.

• January 9, 2018 at 8:19 pm

Back in the day my parents would drive me to the video store on Friday and I’d rent a game. That was the game for the weekend. I specifically remember renting this game and getting absolutely nowhere and being done with this shitty game 1 hour after I rented it. The only game that was an even bigger waste of time was Taboo.