Rygar (NES) Part 1 – James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / November 27th, 2017

James & Mike play Rygar for NES!

Comments

• Levi Richardson

November 27, 2017 at 8:44 am

Sadly guys this is a game where you need to farm to build up your strength and life. A great game one I own and still play but if you don’t know where to go can be very frustrating

• November 29, 2017 at 9:56 am

Yep! I love this game to this day, and have a ton of fond memories around it, but without a doubt, the best strategy involves constant farming. It doesn’t take too much away from the experience as a whole though, just makes the game playing itself a longer experience than it needed to be.

• November 27, 2017 at 10:36 am

I thought the game was super annoying actually, but your nostalgia makes me want to give it another chance. Faxanadu was a lot better in the genre.

• jooch

November 27, 2017 at 1:32 pm

This is one of my all time favorites! Rygar is just the right kind of quirky and has a great atmosphere, it makes you curious enough to keep playing even if it is hard as hell. This game also gave me the creeps with that boss tune!

• eliju

November 27, 2017 at 10:35 pm

You guys warped about 3/4 of the way through the game somehow. Since you skipped a lot of key items you won’t be able to proceed, unless you backtrack. You might not be able to without said items though. It’s been a while since I played this. Still, that was pretty cool!

• Guillaume Beck

November 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm

I played through this one so many times ! The last boss is insanely hard ! The glitch at the end of the video is amazing, wonder how the game will continue next to that.

• D-Man

November 28, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Growing up as a kid I NEVER beat Aruga. Playing again as an adult I realized it wasn’t just the fact I was a kid, he is an insanely hard boss.
    To beat him you have to do the following:
    1) Keep grinding until you can kill every enemy you encounter on the way to Aruga in just one hit. Best thing to do is find a spot where enemies respawn indefinitely and build up power. Also, you can extend the length of the diskarmor, though I forget if that is a powerup you have to purchase or if it gets longer just through grinding.
    2) Buy Attack and Assail right before you go in for the fight. It gives you extra damage on Aruga until it runs out
    3) Have enough resources for Recover. Aruga’s attacks are powerful AF so assume you will take some hits
    4) Strategy wise you are on the right track: spam Aruga with attacks, jump through the fireballs, repeat. The key thing to do is wait until Aruga is far enough left on the screen that you aren’t going to be able to jump between the fireballs much longer. That is when you should use the branch to jump over him and repeat the process from the right side. If he closes the gap too quickly on the right side, you’re toast.

• frostare

November 30, 2017 at 11:13 am

Of course Jurassic Park was made by Ocean, they made SNES games as vast as the ocean! And no save feature either, you were lucky if you got a long password.