IT (2017) Thoughts

Mike Matei / September 18th, 2017

James and Mike gives their thoughts on IT (2017)

Comments

• September 20, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Yeah, 80s throwback is because you guys are having your nostalgia golden age right now– Mike is right. Also, yeah, I figured they’re using old bikes because they’re poor. I mean, I had crappy 15yo bikes in the 90s as a kid.

• September 20, 2017 at 2:35 pm

No, the new movie seems to take so liberty with the book. I loved the tv movie even though it was very cheesy, I’m fond of it.

• September 20, 2017 at 2:49 pm

That’s very true, there are often verbal anachronism. I think it’s somewhat deliberate., they don’t want to please other audiences.

• September 21, 2017 at 3:59 pm

They want to please**

• mandm

September 20, 2017 at 8:29 pm

I don’t get how both of you haven’t read the book as fans of horror…maybe then you would stop calling this movie a remake. It’s not related to the 90-Version apart from the same source material. It’s simply a new adaptation. The thing about the 80s is like you said, I think. It was the time the target group of the movie grow up and also saw the old IT-Movie. Since IT appears every 27 years it will be present time for part two. The language of Richie is part of his character, that is why his friends beep him (“Beep, beep Richie”).

• September 21, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Almost everything is originally from a book 😛

• IronJustice

September 21, 2017 at 8:47 pm

The book is so good! Such a subtle slow rolling dread… Just gets under your skin. By the end, you know every inch of Derry and it’s complete history from multiple perspectives and how this entity has affected everyone in it’s own way. Most of them just suppress the truth and try not to talk about it. I’m not looking for a perfect adaptation, probably not possible with such a story, but is this new version at least worthy? Better than the original from an adaptation perspective?

• mandm

September 22, 2017 at 3:20 am

I totally agree with you about the book 🙂 In my opinion the new movie is definitely a better adaptation. As you said, it’s probably not possible to put all the aspects from the book in a movie…maybe in a mini-series. Considering that, I was satisfied with the new movie, since it’s a good mixture of being close to the book and of surprises. Also, they but some Easter-eggs for fans of the book, so if you see it, watch closely 😉 I’m already looking forward to part two, so I would recommend the movie to you! But of course has everyone his own expectations after reading such a book.

• September 21, 2017 at 6:22 am

Yeaaaah!!! SON OF MONSTER MADNESS!? That’s freakin’ awesome news!!!! Thanks guys!!!

• Anthony33

September 22, 2017 at 1:21 am

Oh man, I’d love to be able to get a Monster Vision shirt like that. Gotta see if I can find one online.