Top 10 Best Nintendo Achievements – Talk About Games

Mike Matei / August 12th, 2017

Top 10 Best Nintendo Achievements! Mike and Ryan discuss Nintendo’s greatest accomplishments throughout the years.

Comments

• August 13, 2017 at 9:55 am

I think wireless is bs, I prefer wires and feel a powerful vibration and not spend 100s of dollars on batteries. It’s insane when you think about how much money we’ve spent in batteries for Nintendo products.

• snitchez81

August 21, 2017 at 12:57 am

I think wires are bs. Use rechargeable batteries. Controller vibration was cool when I was 11 years old.

• RMBowie

August 13, 2017 at 11:38 am

I concur with Smokingspoon Wireless is Bullshit wast of money on batteries & heath related issues that come with it, tho it fine to have the option to get it if that’s what you want. I have no wireless tech at all & I recommend to disable all wireless devices if you have any, You should Enjoy Reading the Health warning on cell phones & other wireless devices.

• snitchez81

August 21, 2017 at 12:59 am

Related health issues? Lol. And unless your house is inside a Faraday cage you still have RF signals bouncing all over the place.

• RMBowie

August 22, 2017 at 2:42 am

So you never did read the instructions & health problems.

• Tross

August 14, 2017 at 1:15 am

I’m glad you didn’t list motion control as an achievement. It was easily one of the most annoying trends of the 7th gen and the Wii in general kicked off Nintendo’s reputation of being out of sync with the modern industry as opposed to being the driving force behind it like they were in the 3rd and 4th gen.. Ugh. I do agree with the stuff on this list though.

• August 14, 2017 at 6:26 am

What I loved most about Nintendo power were the Legend of Zelda, Mario and Star Fox comics they had going for a few editions. I loved the art style back then and would get pumped for the next edition to come out. I also liked the posters, cheat sections, and just about everything else too…I miss those days.

• Hanglyman

August 14, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Good choice bringing up Smash Bros. I’m awful at fighting games and can never remember the moves (or do them correctly even if I have the manual in front of me), but when I would play Melee with friends, not only did I enjoy it, I actually won pretty often. I’d always play Dr. Mario in a black lab coat. 🙂

• Dan85

August 16, 2017 at 5:24 am

Atari crashed and took the market with it, but the PC game market continued to stay healthy. Without Nintendo, video games would have continued along just fine thanks to Kings Quest and Zork and Ultima.

• Dan85

August 16, 2017 at 5:47 am

Not to be a typical elitist PC gamer, of course.