SNES Classic Edition – Talk About Games

Mike Matei / June 28th, 2017

Nintendo has announced the mini Super NES Classic Edition! The SNES Classic by Nintendo is launching on September 29th with 21 Games including the unreleased Star Fox 2!
—————————————————————–
Full list of US release games:
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island

Comments

• BetweenMyself

June 28, 2017 at 5:28 am

As you pointed out, Turtles In Time didn’t make the list for the SNES mini due to licensing issues.
    The same problem would probably keep GoldenEye off of an N64 mini, which would be a definite dealbreaker for me

• Yanis K

June 28, 2017 at 5:33 am

He said the top comment should be about Millipede, you rascal!

• ta mere

June 28, 2017 at 6:04 am

I have created an account to say one thing and one thing only. No Chrono Trigger = not buying this.

• June 28, 2017 at 8:16 pm

They could’ve added chrono and radical dreamers… like starfox2, Radical Dreamers was a cancelled Chrono spiritual sequel.

• Don Skiver

June 28, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I still have my copy of Chrono Trigger signed by Nobuo Uematsu.

Also, I’m probably never going to be able to get my hands on this or an NES mini. That’s why I’m going to build a raspberry pi to play with. It just sucks that I won’t have the complete Star Fox 2. Its so exciting to have a brand new Super Nintendo game over 20 years later.

• Matt

June 28, 2017 at 8:11 am

Leaving out Chrono Trigger is tragic. Probably my favorite SNES game (though it’s obviously hard to compare games from different genres).

• John Dawson

June 28, 2017 at 8:50 am

As for the price change, it appears to be from the snes classic coming with two controllers instead of one.

• Joker83

June 28, 2017 at 9:00 am

I really hope it’s easy to hack and add in extra games like the NES mini was. This looks great!

• Butters Stotch

June 28, 2017 at 9:11 am

I think Nintendo on Steam is a great idea. Right now the SNES Classic comes to $3.80 a game, Nintendo could maybe get away with charging $4 per game and make even more money…

• KazIsKool

June 28, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Only a certain handful of people are going to continue to pay money for retro games. I have homebrew on my wii and every retro game I could ever want. I can relax on the couch with a controller in my hand and play Mega Man 2, and I don’t have to pay money and be hunched over at a computer, or spend money on a usb controller. Why would anyone pay money for something they don’t have to?

• calmLIKEaBOB-OMB

June 28, 2017 at 2:09 pm

I’m sure the SNES Classic cost more because of the obvious 2 controllers and the fact that Nintendo must have finally renewed the license for the Super FX chip. Nintendo previously was refusing to renew if before which is why Star Fox, Stunt Race FX, and the SNES version of Yoshi’s Island was never on the Virtual Console.

• mike bray

June 28, 2017 at 5:04 pm

It’s already unavailable.

• mysterywolf

June 29, 2017 at 3:52 am

It’s not even out yet. September is the expected release date- I don’t expect most places to even accept preorders for some time, if at all.

Hopefully they produce more of these VS the Nes classic- the only people who won with the Nes classic were the scalpers.

• June 29, 2017 at 9:14 am

People should seriously stop buying from scalpers..

• mike bray

June 28, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Screw Nintendo, they don’t care about us.

• June 28, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Console mini are for suckers… there, I said it.

• Pablo1989

June 29, 2017 at 6:17 am

Well done big N! you turn into another Take 2 greedy corp.

• playboi79

June 29, 2017 at 12:14 pm

The guy on supper soccer box art looks like Trump.

• IronJustice

June 29, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Millipede < Centipede

• Brian Fye

June 30, 2017 at 4:39 am

Or just buy an original xbox and soft mod it and put the whole library of those systems on there….

• AnKun

July 7, 2017 at 5:18 pm

What Nintendo did with NES classic was a logical thing

1. They have probed the marked and seen that the demand is there. So they decided to cut supply of the NES classic and pull their resources into SNES classic instead, so more people would buy it. Those who couldn’t get NES classic will go after SNES classic like after hot pancackes.

2. They have created a deficit. Now when SNES is out, everyone will rush to buy them fearing that there will not be enough. You said it yourself – you got two of them. Everyone will go crazy over them and Nintendo will roll in money.

They played you like a fiddle and you fell for it, while bashing Nintendo for “being stupid”.

• Raymond Colbert

July 10, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Sad no Zombies ate my Neighbors. 🙁

• Caleb Browns

July 18, 2017 at 9:11 pm

I hope they make a shop where you can buy SNES games for the system.

• Caleb Browns

July 18, 2017 at 9:47 pm

I Know It’s Expanse But It’s Cheaper Than Buying It All Together.

• Caleb Browns

July 18, 2017 at 9:56 pm

The SNES games cost more.