The Thing (PS2) James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / May 29th, 2017

James and Mike play The Thing for PS2

Comments

• Satnav

May 29, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Funny James should mention that sequel idea about the Thing reaching a civilization, as there was a proposal for a TV miniseries about it infecting a town in Arizona after escaping a crashed Russian plane, that never took off, look it up.

Also, the 2011 film was a prequel, though the ill-advised name wouldn’t hint that. CG aside I thought it was so-so, though it was frankly better than this game and most of the comics.

• mike bray

May 29, 2017 at 9:22 pm

This is actually my favorite game on X-Box. I’ve beaten it many many times, so fun!

• mike bray

May 29, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Guys it’s not a chore you just gotta learn how to play and it’s not difficult to figure out.

• May 29, 2017 at 11:28 pm

They can be irritating on that sometimes, but it’s forgivable considering they play those games on a single short evening( or morning idk).

• Ass Face

May 29, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Have you guys considered adding inspector gadget to James and Mike Mondays?

• May 29, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Awesome! I mean, no! I really want to play that game so I don’t want spoilers! Can anyone tell me if they hang just around the beginning or..?

• May 29, 2017 at 11:12 pm

You should play Obscura. It’s an interesting horror game with a story coop mode.

• frostare

May 29, 2017 at 11:09 pm

It VS It Conquered the World would be neat!

• May 29, 2017 at 11:38 pm

I thought the Thing 2011 was ok. It was a prequel so I was more open minded. Plus, they took a bit more content from Who Goes There? so that’s nice. They did have lots of fantastic animatronic in 2011 but the post added too much 3d on…

• Tross

May 30, 2017 at 2:02 am

I’m a little sad because the laser recently went on my PS2 and the only place that’s apparently licensed to repair it in Canada requires me to ship it to them, which I don’t really want to do. On the other hand it’s only a $47 CAD flat fee and I otherwise have a useless box, so I’m thinking about it.

• Resin420

May 30, 2017 at 9:18 am

I actually didn’t mind this game too much back in the day(never beat it though cause it’s bullshit but I digress) i remember it being ok. you two should check out ‘Run like Hell’ for ps2 and secret of evermore and Brain lord for snes if you can get your hands on them

great vid guys

• Slamraptor

May 30, 2017 at 2:10 pm

PC version was a little bit better.

• Cory Morgan

May 30, 2017 at 9:50 pm

The lights out idea was perfect. Could still see you guys just fine and it matched the tone of the game well. I see the film director side coming out in you 😛

• Anthony33

May 31, 2017 at 5:15 am

There was also a Great Escape video game for PS2 and X Box. Since James lists it as one of his favorite movies, maybe they could try that for a James and Mike Mondays episode.

• Hanglyman

May 31, 2017 at 11:11 pm

They should really make a new Thing game. This one doesn’t look at all scary, partly because of the bad controls and partly because of the graphical limitations. I could see them making one along the lines of Alien: Isolation today that would actually be terrifying.