What I’m working on

James / May 25th, 2017

Just some updates, figured it would be cool to talk about.

Comments

• Noxios

May 25, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Hey James time your time, Family is important specially a partner and kids, And also i made you the next You Know What’s Bullshit episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgcCPatIvQ

(this is a copy/paste of my TY Comment, I don’t want to look despaired but i really want to get this message trough the sea of comments)

• May 25, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Well, don’t burnout, James. The fans couldn’t cope with that.

• Don Skiver

May 27, 2017 at 3:37 am

Yeah. Don’t burn out. Not again. Your work and health greatly suffered last time.

Also, on re edits, that’s something that’s upset me a great deal in recent years. How you have had to re edit your videos and some of the comedy doesn’t translate to still images.

• Slamraptor

May 25, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Heya James, watching since 2005. (:

Like the others said please avoid to burn out. It’s better to take more time for your family. Also I could do with a lot less output if that horror movie benefits by that. (:

You’ve always been a horror nerd so I’m really looking forward to that.

Greetings from Germany

Alex

• Chad Porter

May 25, 2017 at 7:02 pm

James!

It was a pleasure getting the chance to meet you over the weekend and chat for a little bit (I was the guy the the comic jacket lol) Glad to hear you had a good time at the con and for doing this video. ANyone who watches this on a regular basis knows how much work and effort you put into all the videos you make and I think I can speak for everyone when I say, thank you. This is a full time gig for you and work is, well work. and it’s certainly worth waiting for whenever you put something new oiut and keepo us coming back for more 😀

• Hanglyman

May 25, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Thank you for the update, James. You’ve always been incredibly respectful, friendly and communicative with your fans and we appreciate it immensely. I hope the impatient whiners are a tiny minority.

• Pablo1989

May 25, 2017 at 7:30 pm

I very understand your family matters. one of my friends got same he stop been bad mouth durning skype with me because dont wanna his kid son adopt bad launguge.

But sill ive managed talk on skype with his son 🙂 and funny talk occurs

Me.Hello Markie boy
    Mark(his son).Im Mark not Markie
    Me.I know but Markie are nickname you like it?
    Mark.i like it thank you sir
    Me.No problem can you call your dad?
    Mark.He is yyy busy
    Me.What he doin?
    Mark.He is in shover sir
    Me.Shover?(chuckle)
    Mark.What so funny in shover sir?
    Me.Nothing 🙂 you too small to understand that.

• david ferrara

May 25, 2017 at 10:10 pm

What are you some kind of retard?

• Pablo1989

May 25, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Maybe maybe not im just the guy with passion of gaming and youtube film makking.

• May 25, 2017 at 9:54 pm

Your work ethic is amazing! I admire your discipline and creativity. Take care. I look forward to buying and reading your book someday.

• RMBowie

May 25, 2017 at 11:51 pm

good to hear, I don’t mind the other videos it does make the channel much more dynamic.

• Jynito Syventi

May 26, 2017 at 1:48 am

Hey James. Thanks!

• PouKii xD

May 26, 2017 at 5:58 am

if you are having problems with copyright in your videos. You must stop supporting Metallica since it’s legal issues with napster started the censorship and witch hunt of people sharing files in Internet back in the 90’s.
    Research a little about it, maybe you can say a word about it since it affects us all and you have such a wide audience.
    btw, i’m a huge fan of yours, i’ve seen all you have uploaded…and i mean ALL… and many stuff many times 🙂

• Mariano Arias

May 26, 2017 at 11:57 am

I’d love to read that book

• simms1

May 26, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Any chance you can put out some reviews that would be Cinemassacre exclusive where you could get back to using clips instead of hosting on YouTube? It would be nice to get to see you get back to doing those type of videos where we as the audience get a chance to see/hear what stood out to you in the movie/tv show/music you review. The one thing that really made you stand above the rest is the way you presented your reviews. They were more personal.

• simms1

May 26, 2017 at 2:18 pm

It’s a real shame about the ‘quantity not quality’ part. He’s basically saying he is sacrificing putting more effort and thought into the work that he does just to pound out a few videos a week just for the sake of pounding out a few videos.

• darxide

May 26, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Holy shit. AVGN movie based on Swordquest!? James. Why? Why did you have to tell us that? Now I’m not sure how my life will ever be complete without that. I’m also not sure if this raging erection I now have will ever subside.

• IronJustice

May 26, 2017 at 10:09 pm

Haha exactly man. I love the whole Swordquest saga, I could listen to James talk about that for hours.

• IronJustice

May 26, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Wow, I can’t believe she’s 4 already!

• May 27, 2017 at 1:42 am

James, dude, you do what you gotta do. Take care of your daughter and your wife and the next kidlet on the way. We’ve been here for years and we will continue to be here. You’re an inspiration, man, and the trouble is exactly what you said: “The Internet” (read: “YouTube”) commands quantity over quality (there’s a topic for “You know what’s Bullshit” if I ever saw one). Dial it back if you need to, let Mike and Ryan hold down the fort at the content mill, and you go make your craft!

I know with the whole YouTube economy, that’s easier said than done, but you only get one shot at this nutty merry-go-round we call life.

“Every year, I have less time than I did the year before.” Truer words were never spoken.

• May 28, 2017 at 9:29 pm

An atmospheric horror movie would be very interesting to see. That said, I know you’re busy with a lot of things, so don’t burn yourself out.

• Guillaume Beck

May 31, 2017 at 5:21 pm

In my humble opinion you should revamp the formula of “you know what’s bullshit” to make it easier to shoot and edit.
    The concept is great but it’s too much work for what it is, it might be better if you just handled it like James and Mike mondays … a dialog about shitty things with real reactions and laughters.

• June 20, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Awesome man! I’m totally with you on quality > quantity – while it was fun getting a couple AVGN vids a month back in the day, getting a surprise GREAT one every few months is really cool, and worth waiting for.

Oh you should hear my daughter, now 9, she’s already formulated ideas on what will happen on the next episodes of Board James!