BS Zelda – James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / May 15th, 2017

James and Mike play BS The Legend of Zelda

Comments

• Blitz Peck

May 15, 2017 at 3:36 pm

How do you shoot from the sword with less than full health?

• ssokolow

May 15, 2017 at 4:59 pm

In the version with the voices, those seemingly random golden-glow sword powerups are sent by the announcer, who also explains that, to fight the danger ahead, he’s temporarily giving you the power to shoot with your sword without full health.

(If you play that translated version on an emulator, you can patch it with fan-dubbed replacements for the original broadcast voices.)

• Blitz Peck

May 15, 2017 at 3:48 pm

You were full on bombs when you bought them DOH!

• Jamiesonofabitch

May 15, 2017 at 4:38 pm

You guys should do Clock Tower for the Super Famicom

• May 15, 2017 at 7:11 pm

They play bits of the theme song in Breath ot wild, but only at the finals, in the castle. To add to the climax I guess..

• May 15, 2017 at 7:15 pm

I wish Like Likes were in the new zelda.. So very few enemy types :'(

• May 15, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Gawd no James, don’t play Wind Waker Hd. It lost it’s visual charm and even some of the ‘improvements’ are kinda fugly. It’s like they wanted to undo some of the cartoonish style.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:31 pm

You could play Neutopia II, Mike. It’s a zelda clone on the turbograph, but still a nice game.

• Gregory DeMaria

May 15, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Mike’s shirt is distracting me.

• mike bray

May 15, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Full play through at some point?

• Pixie_Sophie

May 16, 2017 at 12:09 am

You guys should check out the game STRAFE. Also, I think James will get a kick outta their fake movie trailer “STRAFE – Official Movie Trailer #1” It’s funny stuff! ^_^

• SMR

May 16, 2017 at 2:38 am

I had the Sega equivalent – Sega Channel, as a kid. Had it for a bit, but my parents said “fuck that” when it was too damn expensive. You got 50 games to play through that rotated on an on-demand type rotation. It was actually pretty decent and revolutionary for the time. The justification for parents to get it was that it would save on renting and buying games all the time.

But, sadly it just made you want to play the games that weren’t currently being broadcasted!

• May 16, 2017 at 9:46 pm

I played this some time ago. You are looking at a 3rd and 4th Quest. Hence map 1 and map 2.
    Both are great games. 😉

• Ben_from_G-town

May 17, 2017 at 4:46 am

Zelda games we didn’t get to play! Man, it drives me crazy!

By the way, not sure what you’re talking about with the theme not being in all the Zeldas. I could’ve sworn it was.

I know for sure that it’s in Breath of the Wild because you hear it on the horse after a while, and it plays in the castle and during the tapestry story. You get some Link to the Past music in the castle and that cut scene too. Cool stuff.

• RMBowie

May 17, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Looks like it would be fun to play.

• Captn Gore

May 19, 2017 at 12:22 am

Windwaker and Majora’s Mask are my personnal favorites. Get Majora’s for your 3DS if you can.

• Dan85

May 24, 2017 at 9:13 am

I always called the blob monsters “Bots” but that was their name in Zelda II.

In Link’s Awakening, they are called Gels. In Minish Cap they are called Chuchus.