Mega Man (NES) Mike & Ryan

Mike Matei / May 13th, 2017

Mike and Ryan play Mega Man for NES!

Comments

• Satnav

May 13, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Recently got this and the original six MM games on Xbox, so this will be interesting.

Regarding George Lucas, he apparently enjoyed Rogue One, so there’s that. Otherwise, reading between lines, he seemed to think Disney played it too safe and ‘retro’ in emulating the OT with TFA, which is a common complaint people have made with that one, so he’s not alone there.

• May 14, 2017 at 12:22 am

Yeah, too safe… At least the books tried to be different. The animated show, Rebels, is excellent though. It even canonized admiral Thrawn, an awesome villain.

• May 14, 2017 at 5:30 am

Gif, Jif, Giga, Jiga, Landskrona, Landskroona….. Lets call the whole thing off. 😉

• John Mongan

May 14, 2017 at 2:58 pm

I just love how Ryan knows all this technical stuff about the NES being a Nerd and a Computer guy I just love this stuff awesome play through by the way. You two are like brothers put James in there and you got a whole can of whoop ass haha. I love technical nerdy stuff hope Ryan will elaborate more on it in future videos.

• Hanglyman

May 15, 2017 at 1:30 am

Yeah, Ryan’s great. It’s interesting hearing about the nuts and bolts of the game while it’s being played.

• RMBowie

May 14, 2017 at 8:54 pm

A goodie but an oldie , That Cover tho eh he he.

• Smeghead420

May 15, 2017 at 8:34 am

(sigh) When did this become Mike and Ryan’s webpage?

• Phish Jams

May 15, 2017 at 7:01 pm

I actually read the back of the box several times in the video store several times in the 90’s. I eventually stopped renting it as a kid cuz I just couldn’t get past the Gutsman stage. I didn’t beat this game until the ps2 anniversary collection. at least then we were finally given a save feature on this game. playing this game to beat would be like a marathon due to no password feature but not as a huge marathon like Mario 3. i agree the slippery controls suck on this game. and the hardest parts is the Yellow Devil and you have to just have a lucky streak beating the robot masters with no energy power ups. i had a hard time on that one time cuz gutsman kept cornering me almost every time. i don’t find this to be a shitty game. but mega man 2 really did set the template as far the things we remember the most about the series. glad they ditched the “score” feature as i feel it was kinda redundant for that type of game.

• Aaron

May 16, 2017 at 4:50 am

The glitched out ending there has happened to me before as well (more than once). Dr. Wily fires out a projectile during the pause trick. You defeat him, but the projectile hits you, knocking you back into that glitched out space. I hope to see you guys do Mega Man 2.5D at some point!

• Dan85

May 16, 2017 at 5:51 pm

I don’t like the legacy collection. The Anniversary Collection on PS2 is the best way to experience the series. Even though they broke the pause trick on MM1, forcing you to fight Yellow Devil honestly. Also the “M” item stands for magnet beam.

Also, MM7 and 8 and Megaman and Bass on GBA are all worthy additions to the classic series. Screw the haters.

• corpseOFcourse

May 21, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Why didn’t either of you ever use the powers throughout the stages before Wily’s Castle? I saw that you’ve used the M Beam in Iceman’s stage and the Ice Man’s power in Fire Man’s stage. If I remember right, Cut Man’s power can be used against the Legend of Zelda like floor traps in Elec Man’s stage. Is using only the Mega Buster your own personal challenge?