ActRaiser (SNES) James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / May 8th, 2017

James, Mike and Ryan playthrough ActRaiser on Super Nintendo!

Comments

• May 8, 2017 at 11:29 am

Act raiser is one of the best. We often see those ancient gods because they’re dead belief.

• stevenferno

May 8, 2017 at 11:57 am

I played this as a kid and had no idea what I was doing.

I recently played it over my break and found it to be fun enjoyed the variety of play mechanics.

• King Kung Fu

May 8, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Why didnt it post my comment about getting dry humped by casey?

She was hot in 7th grade!

• May 8, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Devil world nes? Another red speedo devil.

• Phoenix7786

May 8, 2017 at 12:19 pm

This game rocked backed in the day and still holds up.

• NashKnight

May 8, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Awesome game, especially because of it’s mixed-genre aspect. Actriser 2 was also cool as hell, although it’s just a “normal” platformer, but with phenomenal graphics and gameplay.

• May 8, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Yeah, it’s beautiful, but just not outstanding. Much harder too, you need to master your shield.

• Jabisquar

May 8, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Lol!

loved this game!

• Ryan Somethingsuch

May 8, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Audrey II is the plants name.

• mike bray

May 9, 2017 at 2:00 am

The original Doctor Who series was on PBS, but I think it may have been when you guys were too young. I watched the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker as a kid and fell in love with the series. The reboot series is really good but I still prefer the Tom Baker Years. The imagination they had, with the limited budgets were crude by today’s standards, but James I think you would really dig them. Look into it. Netflix used to have some but they took them down. Maybe they’ll come back?

• May 9, 2017 at 11:50 am

James would really love them, Mike too. It’s strange how they haven’t yet, considering the trekkies they are.

• Hatebreeder

May 9, 2017 at 5:19 am

lol at the 2:01 mark in the video when they show the movie screenshot they picked a screen with tits in the bottom left corner

• psyonikx

May 9, 2017 at 8:32 pm

Still one of my most favorite SNES games of all time. It’s up there with Illusion Of Gaia, and Secret Of Mana.

• psyonikx

May 9, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Hey, I know it’s a longshot, but given these ‘James & Mike Mondays’ vids; is there any potential chance that we can maybe see you guys play Populous (particularly the Sega Genesis version). It’s not exactly a game you can just jump in, and start playing… it requires quite a bit of time to learn the mechanics; but once you pick up on it, you get to essentially play as a god.

• May 10, 2017 at 7:50 am

Never seen this game or heard of it before look pretty

• Astrovus

May 10, 2017 at 5:03 pm

• Hobgoblinbutter

May 10, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Cool to see you guys playing this game, I’ve beaten it many times. Some trivia about the game is that the Japanese version is quite a bit more difficult; enemies do more damage, you have fewer extra lives throughout the game and I believe you have half as many casts of spells. And there are all kinds of tricks for maximizing number of citizens when building, which affects your max hp.

• herbsuperb

May 10, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Great game. So much fun. So many great SNES games. Lots of memories. Thanks for playing one of my old faves guys.

• herbsuperb

May 10, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Pretty sure they do that rotating view in Secret of Mana. Another SNES RPG classic.

• Butters Stotch

May 13, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Way to go guys. Cool game