Dick Tracy (NES) Full Playthrough

Mike Matei / May 2nd, 2017

This is a full playthrough of Dick Tracy for the Nintendo Entertainment System! This playthrough was recorded with a real NES cartridge. Many will remember this game from the AVGN episode, well James gave me many tips prior to recording this playthrough. The game definitely has some problems, such as not explaining where to go and overly tricky platform jumps. This video can serve as a walkthrough if you are attempting it for yourself. I recommend trying to stock up on first aid kits early and perhaps taking out all the snipers on the city map first. If I were to play this game again, I would try making notes of the first aid locations.

Comments

• Jynito Syventi

May 2, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Great as always Mike! Always fun to watch your videos.

• Weldin Dunn

May 2, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Definitely the angriest AVGN episode.

• Butters Stotch

May 3, 2017 at 9:01 am

Well done!

• Mogy Wang

May 3, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Nowadays, every cinemassacre video has an epic but deceiving artwork, making those actual high-quality videos less special. I really don’t like this.
    I wonder if Mike still draws. I feel that maybe he’s spending most of his time beating some hard games now. It’s making the site/channel less special. It’s just my thought though.

• May 4, 2017 at 12:58 pm

I spent a week practicing this game, which is probably longer than any time I would spend on a script to write a game review. Defeating the games I pick for Full Playthroughs isn’t easy.

• heyitsadam

May 4, 2017 at 3:28 pm

The DT AVGN episode is my favorite episode of all time.

• Don Skiver

May 5, 2017 at 12:01 am

Damn dude. You’re driving me nuts. You keep missing the tear gas grenades! Those will clear out a whole a screen of enemies and save you a lot of health in those sticky situations where you have multiple unarmed dudes blocking your line of sight of the shooting dudes.

• Tross

May 5, 2017 at 4:06 am

Huh, so the last password includes 007 and 047, and this game predates Agent 47 by quite a bit, though it’s still a decent unintentional reference to two great agent characters. It actually looks like a pretty decent game if you can get past its flaws. The semi-sandbox style overmap is way ahead of its time and the devs clearly tried to have some decent level variety even if some had to be repeated multiple times. It’s a shame there are crippling flaws that bring down the experience.