Famous Nonexistent Movie Quotes (PART 1)

Mike Matei / April 14th, 2017

Famous Nonexistent Movie Quotes (PART 1)

Comments

• warwagon

April 14, 2017 at 9:54 am

That’s Crazy.. I just watched SOTL not that long ago ..and I thought he said “Hello Clarice” at the jail too.

• April 18, 2017 at 6:24 am

And I thought he said it to her on the phone at the end of the movie…I just went and watched it now but turns out he said “Well, Clarice” not “Hello, Clarice” weird…

• adamliny15

April 14, 2017 at 11:11 am

Hello, Clarice is popularized in Cable Guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfWyc54dLlE

• Ryan Somethingsuch

April 14, 2017 at 9:21 pm

So I dunno if your going to get to it but I just have to give the one that pisses me off the most lol.

“YOU SHALL NOT PASS!” from Lord of the Rings. That isn’t the line but people quote it religiously. Even Ian Mckellen misquotes it’s such a popular misnomer. The Line in the movie and the book is,
    “You cannot pass!”
    Shall not pass was most likely popularized by Vince Vahan in the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall but I remember hearing it before then too. It’s just one of those things I guess.

• April 15, 2017 at 1:23 am

Gandalf does say “You shall not pass” in the movie though, after he says “You cannot pass”.

• Simon

April 22, 2017 at 5:28 pm

I always thought I heard “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!” too :s

• Gorlomi

April 15, 2017 at 6:56 am

He says it just before he destroys the bridge.

• Ryan Somethingsuch

April 15, 2017 at 7:44 am

I guess i’m wrong then :/

• Skywarp

April 15, 2017 at 9:55 am

James, FYI: you’re pronouncing “Mandela” incorrectly.

• Sophie

April 17, 2017 at 2:22 am

In E.T, he says “E.T Home Phone” not “E.T Phone Home” like everyone quotes 🙂

• April 18, 2017 at 7:23 pm

The whole “Mandela Effect” thing makes my brain hurt when I think too hard about it. Most of it just seems to be people not remembering things correctly but some of it, and I mean SOME seems legit. For example I never saw the Scarecrow carrying a gun in the Wizard of Oz until I watched it on Blueray recently. I was like “WTF?” That shit really freaked me out.

• Simon

April 22, 2017 at 5:28 pm

This video was great, thanks James! 🙂

• Maxime Michaud

April 26, 2017 at 10:52 pm

What about ”Luke, I’m your father” from Star Wars which has never been said that way!!! It’s in fact, in a conversation ”No, I’m your father”.

• Mario Faria

May 27, 2017 at 1:31 pm

The line “Hello, Clarice” does exist, but not in SOTL. It is in the sequel, Hannibal.