A Week of Garfield (Famicom) James & Mike

Mike Matei / April 3rd, 2017

James & Mike play “A Week of Garfield” originally for Famicom

Comments

• Benjamin Turney

April 3, 2017 at 6:33 am

Wasn’t the guy who did Peter’s voice on the Ghostbusters cartoon the same guy who did Garfield’s voice? Is that fact anywhere else on Cinemassacre?

• April 3, 2017 at 9:31 am

Oh… I misread. I thought you guys were gonna play Garfield games all week haha..
    Yeah, what happened, James’s cat peed on Mike’s stuff? James liked Jason despite it being on avgn.

• April 3, 2017 at 9:53 am

You guys should play Krusty Super Fun House. I had it as a kid; it’s bad, but somewhat fun… for a moment.

• NashKnight

April 3, 2017 at 1:32 pm

I’ve tried playing that game like a million times, never really got it, but I was always drawn to the graphics.

• RandomTask

April 3, 2017 at 10:36 am

Would you guys play Quake? It’s the spiritual successor to Doom. It’s H.P. Lovecraft inspired and kicks total ass. There is a version for PC, N64 and Sega Saturn as well as an unofficial Wii port if you guys are willing to do the homebrew thing.

Anyway I think it would be great for a J&MM or Full Play-through. Keep up the good work, been watching for thirteen years and you’ve still got it!

• April 3, 2017 at 11:18 am

That`s good idea.I finished Quake long time ago on PC,in last 2 year i finished official expansions called Rogue and Hipnoctic and many unofficial on Linux Laptop.Super fun.

• Pablo1989

April 3, 2017 at 10:59 am

😀 Well done guys you get beaten by angry bird

• Don Skiver

April 3, 2017 at 11:40 am

What a piece of shit. Enough said.

• frostare

April 3, 2017 at 12:00 pm

That milk looks familiar… was this game developed by Hudson Soft? Anyway, that Garfield minus Garfield thing sounds amazing, gotta add it to my Garfield parody lists along with Lasagnacat, Garf and Garfielf.

• DMM_poo

April 3, 2017 at 12:17 pm

My cats don’t like fish bones. The one type of Ocean Fish canned wet cat food I feed them has small bone pieces in it. When they’re done eating, all the little bone pieces are still sitting in the bowl.

• grimnebulin

April 3, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Another good Garfield-derived webcomic is “Square Root of Minus Garfield.” Anyone can submit an arbitrarily Photoshopped image, but for the most part people restrict themselves to cutting and pasting from Garfield’s entire run.

• April 3, 2017 at 12:25 pm

I remember in our TV in mid-90`s they showed a Garfield series and then Heathcliff.

• DMM_poo

April 4, 2017 at 8:29 pm

I hated Heathclif with a passion.

• mountanias

April 3, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Love the show, AVGN, mike and everything you guys do. I think it would also be great to see you play a graphic adventure or puzzle game. It would be very funny because you are to used to play arcades and platform games and you never read instructions, you just jump into the game and try it out. It would be interesting to see how you deal with myst-like games, or a maniac mansion game type, theres a lot of good potential material there. Give it a try!!!

• Jabisquar

April 3, 2017 at 4:57 pm

• Allen Lucas

April 3, 2017 at 7:13 pm

I don’t think those live action Garfield movies were terrible, but I thought Bill Murray’s voice made them watchable!

• Paulballsftw

April 3, 2017 at 8:28 pm

When you guys talked about Garfield vs Snoopy I was thinking you would of said Garfield vs Heathcliff. By the way it does seem like that bad of a game. The controls seemed like Bart Simpson vs the Space Mutants. I would of loved to see you get farther in this game. It didn’t look too bad of a game just one that takes time.

• Paulballsftw

April 3, 2017 at 8:29 pm

I meant it doesn’t seem bad.

• Tross

April 4, 2017 at 3:04 am

Part of me finds it kind of amusing when Japanese companies can license a NA IP to produce some kind of original media but that work is never brought to the West due to “licensing issues”. In the realm of gaming especially licensing is bullshit though. We’re not missing the Garfield Famicom game but there is some good stuff that never makes it out of Japan, and that’s only one example of how licensing is bullshit.

• Gorlomi

April 5, 2017 at 9:04 am

I thought it was going to be a weekful of Garfield-themed JMMs. Dang it.