Ducktales 2 (Game Boy) Mike & Ryan

Mike Matei / February 25th, 2017

Comments

• Fred . Fuchs

February 26, 2017 at 5:19 am

You should have played the NES version which is one of my favourite NES games. Also, you missed the map pieces and the secret level which are the best things of the game.

• Fred . Fuchs

February 26, 2017 at 8:38 am

I think that DuckTales 2 on NES is much better than the original game: it has one more level (which is not a small thing considering that the original game only has 5), the music is overall better (despite the Moon theme being the best), the graphics are better as well, you get abilities that you need to reach areas in previous levels, and above all you need to find the pieces of map to get the secret level and the better ending and this gives you a great feeling of mystery and adventure. You can’t compare it to the original NES game by using the GB version which is crappy compared to the NES one (despite being decent for a GB game).

Also, Fergus actually exists in the comics and he’s Scrooge’s father, and Baloo’s plane is called “Sea Duck”.

PS: when are you going to remove the censorship that blocks all comments containing the word “f-i-r-s-t”? It’s annoying as fuck! I had to rewrite this entire comment.

• Fred . Fuchs

February 26, 2017 at 8:40 am

It also blocks the words “1-s-t” and “1-°” (just remove the dashes). I had to replace them with the word “original”. You know what’s buuuuuuullshit? This blocking system.

• February 26, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Nice looks ok

• Tross

February 27, 2017 at 2:32 am

To be honest, I’ve been burned enough times by nostalgia that I’ve learned to be weary of it, and maybe leave certain things from my past, in the past rather than revisiting them. I’ve had old favourite games turn out to be not nearly as good as I remember them, and there’s an old comic I actually did get back into in a huge way, only to have a court case ruin it. Instead I’ve come to appreciate non-nostalgia, which is the practice of enjoying older media with little or no exposure to it in the period it’s from. I only vaguely remember the Duck Tales show and never knew there were comics, but I’m a little intrigued after watching this vid.

• February 28, 2017 at 10:45 pm

I you want to do a crappy Ducktales game try the PC version..

• March 1, 2017 at 1:09 pm