Knuckles’ Chaotix (Sega 32X) James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / February 13th, 2017

James and Mike play Knuckles’ Chaotix for Sega 32X, a spin-off to the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Thumbnail by http://www.maximumpanic.com/

Comments

• SMR

February 13, 2017 at 1:53 am

What a strange game. It seems like you a game you’d be compelled to dive deeper into, perhaps a full playthrough? 🙂

• SMR

February 13, 2017 at 1:54 am

Seems like it’s a game*

• February 13, 2017 at 2:27 am

When I watch this on my iPhone Siri automatically searches for “ac adapters” when he says “it took 3 ac adapters”. It does it every time. haha weird!

• The Wicker Man

February 13, 2017 at 7:25 am

I hate this game. It’s a classic example of trying to add in new features but it only ends up making the game worse!
    Are you ever going to review Sonic 4, Episodes 1 + 2?

• February 13, 2017 at 9:44 am

Knuckles’ Chaotix wired hard game. Not for everyone but as juckly as most 32X games.

• Don Skiver

February 13, 2017 at 10:24 am

Strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• February 13, 2017 at 11:57 am

I waited through the whole video to make the obvious joke, that Knuckles Chaotix is quite chaotic… DISAPPOINTED! lol

• February 13, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Ugh, this game looks so ugly. It almost hurts to look at it. The foreground and backgrounds seem overly detailed. Those colors… yuck. Colors are so clashing, just ugly hot pinks and neon greens everywhere. I would not be able to enjoy this game. Looking at it reminds me of looking at the world through red/blue 3d glasses. Or like staring at Freddy Krueger’s sweater for 4 hours straight.

• maximuscesar

February 13, 2017 at 5:16 pm

This game is very unfinished. We can see it clearly with all the emptiness that the stages have. In Sonic games we have always something going on, always enemies and stuff. In this game you just run and run into almost nothing. It is a pitty though, I’d love to see what this game could have turned out into.

• Rexxius

February 13, 2017 at 6:32 pm

AVGN material…

• Rexxius

February 13, 2017 at 6:48 pm

This game causes nausea…

• N0M4D

February 13, 2017 at 7:49 pm

I think as a kid I really would have loved this game, it kind of reminds me mischief makers. That game was very bizarre too, but lots of fun. 🙂

• February 13, 2017 at 11:33 pm

I play Knuckles Chaotix all the time on my Model 2 Genesis.

• VicSage

February 13, 2017 at 11:38 pm

I don’t know about Cheerios, but about 15 or 20 years ago I had a game that came from a box of Chex. It was called Chex Quest, and the main character was like a guy wearing a piece of Chex as armor. It was a reskinned clone of Wolfenstein, much like Super Noah’s Ark 3D. Actually pretty interesting and expansive, considering it came from a box of boring cereal.

• psyonikx

February 14, 2017 at 2:44 am

Nothing tops Sonic CD.

• February 14, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Mike is such a lil turd her leaches of everything AVGN does he plays the gameshe does, references him all the time and makes similar style videos that James does.. and the name muther fucker mike sounds like a lil immature kid came up with it right on the spot. Anoither thing he does that annoys me is He actually gets angry when he plays and flips out like a tool like the avgn but not funny and not a made up character

• mike keith

February 14, 2017 at 7:58 pm

That game is obviously not working properly. Look at the colors.

• Hanglyman

February 16, 2017 at 1:33 am

I was wondering about that. It looks like it’s glitching out (even Knuckles is pink!), but it also looks so incredibly 90s that I could see them making absolutely everything neon pink, green and orange on purpose.

• February 16, 2017 at 9:15 am

Damn, I was hoping for a nerd review of this game.

I’ve played it all the way through. It’s terrible. Spend more time with it, and you’ll realize:

1) the music is awful. Everything’s stuck on high notes as if the 32x reused the sound chip from the game gear.

2) there are almost no enemies anywhere! I played the entire game, and only died once at the final boss.

3) The levels are bland and uninteresting. This rubber band dynamic is pretty much unused; you could play all of these levels without it. The team had a concept, but did not know what to do with it.

Play it more. You’ll learn to hate it 🙂

• February 16, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Guys try to play Rush`n`Attack by Konami for NES or Clay Fighter N64.

• WillCSenn

March 12, 2017 at 9:34 pm

I don’t know of a Cherios game, but I did have a game called Chex Quest that came in a box of Chex cereal when I was a kid. It was basically just a bad Wolfenstein rip off where you play as a giant piece of Chex and shoot green slime.