Super Mario: Lost Levels – Full Playthrough

Mike Matei / February 7th, 2017

Super Mario All-Stars: The Lost Levels – Full Playthroughs

Thumbnail by http://www.maximumpanic.com

Comments

• February 7, 2017 at 1:36 am

Yes, you definitely beat Mario Paint, hands down! 😉
    Great game choice & playthrough, by the way!

• February 7, 2017 at 2:30 am

Great video! Thanks for the content!

• February 7, 2017 at 6:52 am

On 9-4 it spells out “Arigato!” which means thank you

• mrgerrit

February 7, 2017 at 8:49 am

You destroyed Mario paint.

Always good content you push out Mike, really appreciate it man.

I do hope you guys will someday make a video about speedrunning, it’s so fascinating to see them!

• Matt Trakker

February 7, 2017 at 9:18 am

Funny, Mike mentions Bob Ross. I thought in the Dragon’s Lair video that he is talking just like him.

• Fresh Step

February 7, 2017 at 11:20 am

I made an account just to relay this. As I was watching this video there is one thing I noticed you’re not taking advantage of in the video (and from what I saw, if you weren’t aware of it will make any old school Mario run easier for you in the future). IF you are touching a pipe that has a plant coming out, be it on top of it or next to it, the plant WILL NOT come back out. Old time Mario lore I still remember years later! Makes numerous issues of timing and jumping a lot easier once you can control the plant’s timing (or not let it come back out at all). If you did know this, sorry for the redundancy!

• Fresh Step

February 7, 2017 at 11:24 am

The same applies to the bullet bill launcher things too.

• Fresh Step

February 7, 2017 at 12:07 pm

And, it doesn’t apply to upside down pipes. Also, the things in the last level outside I don’t think are crosses they could very well be Arrowslits for archers to aim from.

Allows the archer to fire to a wide angle in 360 degrees while providing the most protection.

• Verault

February 7, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Mike, I’m Glad you did a play through on this game. I have owned Super Mario allstars since it came out and was never any good at this game and wanted to see what later levels were like. I honestly never really gave this game a chance because of its difficulty.

• February 7, 2017 at 2:15 pm

The enemies in Super Mario World were originally called goombas but I believe they’ve been retconned as a separate species called Galoombas, because I ‘think’ both Goombas and Galoombas appeared in Super Mario 3D World.

• Jynito Syventi

February 7, 2017 at 3:20 pm

This is so good! Thanks!

• fallout1312

February 8, 2017 at 6:30 am

Hey mike, I loved the video man. You made that look easy. You have great reflexes man. I played through the original Mario recently. I died a lot more then you did. You’ve been my hero since you beat punch out lol, that is a game I just can’t seem to beat. It’s impossible to beat on a emulator because of the lag I need an original copy. I just wanted to ask if maybe you might want to play through metal gear on nes. Metal gear is my favorite video game franchise. It would be cool to see how you felt about the nes version. Don’t know if you’d be into that. I played maybe half way through the nes game. It’s pretty fun after you get the gun. I’ve never beat it though. I love watching your play throught though and I’d love to see you play it. I KNOW you could beat it. Just wanted to ask. I love you and James man. Cinemassacre is the best site on the web. Thanks for all the great videos Mike. – Tyler

• Joe

February 9, 2017 at 10:17 am

An eventual SNES Classic seems like a certainty at this point, given the success of the NES Classic. Figuring out what games should and should not be included (assuming Nintendo sticks with a 30 game count) is a pretty entertaining exercise: https://samhainsgrim.wordpress.com/2016/11/30/forecasting-the-eventual-snes-classic/

• February 9, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Great playthrough ; Can’t wait till the next one.

• Butters Stotch

February 10, 2017 at 9:02 am

HOLY FUCK MIKE. Well done.

• Pablo1989

February 10, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Hey Mike give a try ZEN The Intergalatic ninja on NES i guess one stage gonna beat up to pulp :D. but i wont say what stage is that.

• Brian Ramsay

February 15, 2017 at 11:49 am

All I could ever do on Mario Paint was make a screen full of blood. Yeah, you beat Mario Paint.

• Kosta Maniatakis

February 16, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Awesome run through The Lost Levels, Mike. I remember playing this about 26 years ago and thought that you actually had to switch between Mario and Luigi to beat this. Glad I was wrong and you can do it with anyone you choose. I think I’ll go back and clear it like you did.