Nintendo Switch Reveal – Talk About Games

Mike Matei / January 13th, 2017

Mike and Ryan discuss the Nintendo Switch Presentation.
Details: Nintendo Switch Release Date March 3rd 2017 – Console Price $299 (US) Joy-Con Controllers $79.99 Pro Controller $69.99
Battery life 2-6 hours Super Mario Odyssey will be Holiday 2017
Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey and Sonic Mania look like they will be awesome!

Comments

• Gerald Robinson

January 13, 2017 at 1:03 pm

I am Setsuna came out over 6 months ago on PC and PS4.

• January 13, 2017 at 1:05 pm

The clash of style for Mario is just.. weird art direction. Zelda having cheesy voices, ugh..

• January 13, 2017 at 1:15 pm

The game that looked like F-Zero is FAST Racing Neo. It’s a Wii U game that I’m assuming will either play on Switch or is getting a sequel. It’s an AWESOME game! If you haven’t played Neo, play it!

I want to say to your point about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Bomberman, Tetris, etc. there is such thing as kids, people who skipped Wii U (LOTS!), etc. Just because YOU have played these games, and I get you’re underwhelmed party because of that, doesn’t mean there isn’t a huge audience that hasn’t. People made the same point about the PS4/Xbox One remasters, but MANY people skipped, for example, PS3 and never played games like Uncharted or Last of Us.

• January 13, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Just want to add too that you guys act like every big game should come out on day one. You want Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Metroid, F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Yoshi, Smash Bros, etc. etc. etc. to all come out on day one. If they did that, it would be insane and there would be nothing left to come out. It’s a console. It should be around for several years and these games will come out over time of the console’s life. Yes, the launch lineup is thin, but I kind of feel like a lot of people are being unrealistic with their expectations.

Nintendo knows it’s the third wheel in the console market and that it can’t compete with the big guys, so it’s filling in the gaps between the big games with fun, unique experiences. I like their strategy.

• January 13, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Agree with you also that would just kill your wallet and give you an instant backlog.

• January 13, 2017 at 2:15 pm

But still, it’s a powerful and rich company and they have as a flagship a game that was mostly developped for wiiu. That Mario Odyssey should’ve been along the release of Switch at least.

• January 15, 2017 at 1:56 am

TO be fair, Zelda has never been a launch title for a Nintendo system. Mario on the other hand, typically is, so this is actually very unusual.

I would rather a Metroid game come later when the system’s full capabilities can be more realized.

• January 13, 2017 at 1:43 pm

I’m looking forward to Skyrim on the go.You guys forget that E3 id only a few months away as well. They may show some real cool stuff there like Metroid or other cool games that could be out by this year.

• January 13, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Metroid is just not coming back, nor is Star fox or F-zero. I wouldn’t hold my breath anyway.

• January 21, 2017 at 10:42 am

Bear in mind there was an 8 year wait between Super Metroid (1994) and Metroid Prime/Fusion (2002).

• January 13, 2017 at 1:46 pm

While ports of older games may be annoying, especially if you played/own them on other systems. The thing about Switch is that getting a game on Switch automatically makes it portable and gives you are reason “to Switch”/double dip where on Wii U it was just shoehorn in a map/look we got power now kinda of thing.

• Joey Weedmark

January 14, 2017 at 1:39 pm

You forgot to mention xenoblade 2. I’m really looking forward to that game. Looks like it will be a slow start, but sadly, I’ll never stop giving nintendo my money. I love the Wii U even though it gets a lot of hate towards it. I love nintendo because they offer something different that you can’t play anywhere else. with ps4/xbone, most games come to pc as well which defeats the purpose of owning either one in my opinion. The games aren’t that great either for someone like me who likes traditional turn based rpgs, metroidvania, and quality platformer/side scrollers like mario and kirby. Most games now are generic FPS and indie trash. I really believe nintendo will deliver this time with patience.

• January 16, 2017 at 5:15 pm

What about Zelda being launched for the Wii U as well? As a Wii U owner, I don’t plan to buy the Switch just yet, since I can play Zelda on the Wii U. I do plan to buy it for the Mario Odyssey, when I think the system willl me a little more mature… what do you think?

AS well awesome job with the videos and everythin, big fan of Cinemassacre!

• January 21, 2017 at 10:46 am

The Wii launched with Zelda Twilight Princess. Wii U got Wind waker HD a while later. I owned a Wii U since launch and i loved it. Got a Switch reserved and i’m exited for E3.

• fonz man

January 17, 2017 at 4:22 pm

For me, Nintendo does not know where it wants to go with the Switch.
    As you said, the games are focused on a younger demographic. But in the teaser trailer there where only 20+ year old people!
    Btw. Zelda is no system-seller, as it also comes out on WiiU!

• January 21, 2017 at 10:51 am

Its the same Twilight Princess Situation with Wii and Gamecube. How can you not call it a system seller. Sure you can get on Wii U but only 13 million people have one. But if you want to play Zelda and don’t have a Wii U what would you do? Buy a brand new system with the promise of more games? or and older unit that won’t be getting anything else (decent backlog of games however). For those people it’s a system seller.