Palamedes (NES) James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / January 2nd, 2017

Comments

• Hanglyman

January 2, 2017 at 4:50 am

I was curious so I looked it up… Palamedes was a figure from Greek mythology who supposedly invented the game of dice. The game, um… well, it has dice IN it, so obviously it made sense to call it that… right?

• Weldin Dunn

January 2, 2017 at 11:34 am

Yeah. I’m still wondering what else this has to do with him though. Maybe he really liked poker and little girls… That came out a little wrong.

• Weldin Dunn

January 2, 2017 at 11:38 am

This game was actually made by Taito which made another great puzzle game: bubble bobble! They’re just good at it.

• Don Skiver

January 2, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• January 2, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I can’t really like anything else of that genre ever since playing Yoshi Attack on snes. You should try it.

• mrgerrit

January 3, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Just finished this game in tournament mode best out of 3 and omg the last opponent is a real pain in the a$$.

Wanted to snap a picture from the ending screen but it didn’t stay but just went straight to the start screen…

• WillCSenn

January 4, 2017 at 12:18 am

The game is pretty addictive. I found a simple free version online if anyone is interested: http://www.playr.org/play/palamedes/393

• stone smith

January 4, 2017 at 12:31 am

Love you guise please never stop what you do, it is so important to me!

• AdmiralJ

January 4, 2017 at 1:26 pm

You guys should try Magical Drop 3 if you like this style of gameplay. Super addicting and intense drop-puzzle game like this one.

• KingMike

January 5, 2017 at 11:44 am

It’s the game with instructions right on the cart. Very helpful on the front-loader NES. ๐Ÿ˜›

• KingMike

January 5, 2017 at 12:01 pm

It got a sequel for the Famicom, Palamedes II: Star Twinkles. In that one they changed it so in VS. you are throwing blocks at the same target block, trying to get equal or one higher/lower.
    It could be intense, or maybe terrible to play two-player (as you will probably miss a lot due to the other player changing the block on you).

• Dave Hermsdorf

January 5, 2017 at 8:17 pm

hope you will address this.
    there is hope! “you’re not an idiot… .”!
    there are a lot of people… . just do something like that.

i hope you got this.
    sry for this. happy new one !

just encourage’em to hang on !

cowabanga !

erase this. this is just weird ๐Ÿ˜€

Mรถp

Greetz from weinerworld germany !

• January 16, 2017 at 5:39 pm

I used to own this game as a kid! OMG, me and my sister would go at it on this game!