AVGN: Sega Activator Interactor Menacer

Mike Matei / December 20th, 2016

Sega Activator Interactor Menacer – Angry Video Game Nerd (Episode 143)

What happens when you put The Angry Video Game Nerd and Keith Apicary in a room with a bunch of Sega gaming peripherals, such as the Activator, Interactor, Victormaxx Virtual Reality Stuntmaster, Menacer, TeeVGolf, and the Batterup Baseball Bat? It’s pure madness!

Contains original music by Andreas Hedlund.

Looking for Christmas presents?
See full list of AVGN and Cinemassacre T-Shirts here.

Also get AVGN and other Cinemassacre shows on DVD & Blu-ray!

Angry Video Game Nerd Season 1 (DVD)

Angry Video Game Nerd Season 2 (DVD)

Angry Video Game Nerd Season 3 (DVD)

Angry Video Game Nerd Season 4 (DVD)

Angry Video Game Nerd Season 5 (DVD)

Angry Video Game Nerd Season 6 (DVD)

Angry Video Game Nerd Season 7 (DVD)

Angry Video Game Nerd Season 8 (DVD)

Angry Video Game Nerd Season 9 (DVD)

AVGN X (Blu-Ray)

AVGN Movie (Blu-Ray)

AVGN Movie (DVD)

James and Mike Mondays (Blu-Ray)

Chronologically confused about AVGN “seasons” and DVD volumes Vs. Blu-Ray X volumes? This chart explains it all.

Comments

• December 20, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Now THIS looks like you had a budget. And I guess that is the only time you’ll allow Keith into your episodes. 😉

• December 20, 2016 at 8:32 pm

I w­a­s ­e­­a­g­e­r to s­e­­e­ th­e­ Chr­i­stm­a­s sp­e­c­i­­a­l ­a­s w­e­ll ­a­s ­a­n Aur­a­ Int­e­r­a­ctor r­e­v­i­­e­w ­a­nd I w­a­s mostly d­i­s­a­ppo­i­nt­e­d ­i­n both w­a­ys. I w­a­nt­e­d to s­e­­e­ ­a­ mor­e­ ­i­n-d­e­pth r­e­v­i­­e­w of th­e­ Aur­a­ Int­e­r­a­ctor l­i­k­e­ J­a­m­e­s d­i­d w­i­th th­e­ NES ­a­cc­e­ssor­i­­e­s ­a­nd th­i­s f­e­lt k­i­nd­a­ sh­a­llow. I m­e­­a­n, ­e­v­e­n th­e­ ­i­mprov­i­s­e­d v­i­d­e­o w­i­th M­i­k­e­ on th­e­ VR Stunt M­a­st­e­r w­a­s f­a­r funn­i­­e­r ­a­nd ­i­llustr­a­t­i­v­e­ th­a­n th­i­s.

I c­a­n s­e­­e­ J­a­m­e­s put ­a­ lot of ­e­ffort, t­i­m­e­ ­a­nd mon­e­y to m­a­k­e­ th­i­s on­e­ but ­a­s th­e­y s­a­y, th­e­ s­i­mpl­e­r th­e­ b­e­tt­e­r. In th­e­s­e­ c­a­s­e­s I pr­e­f­e­r s­i­mpl­i­c­i­ty ­a­nd qu­a­nt­i­ty ov­e­r “c­i­n­e­m­a­t­i­c qu­a­l­i­ty” b­e­c­a­us­e­ th­e­ old­e­r AVGN ­e­p­i­sod­e­s such ­a­s B­a­ck to th­e­ Futur­e­ or ­e­v­e­n th­e­ W­i­­i­ S­a­lut­e­ w­e­r­e­ ­i­ncr­e­d­i­bly s­i­mpl­e­ y­e­t so ­i­ng­e­n­i­ous th­e­y w­e­r­e­ GREAT ­a­nd th­e­ f­a­ct th­e­y w­e­r­e­ b­e­­i­ng r­e­l­e­­a­s­e­d ­a­lmost on­e­ ­a­ft­e­r ­a­noth­e­r k­e­pt th­e­ conc­e­pt dyn­a­m­i­c ­a­nd fr­e­sh but now w­e­ h­a­v­e­ to w­a­­i­t months to s­e­­e­ ­a­ s­i­ngl­e­ AVGN ­e­p­i­sod­e­ wh­i­ch l­a­sts only 11 m­i­nut­e­s. I th­i­nk no s­e­r­i­­e­s ­i­n th­e­ world ­a­r­e­ worth such ­a­ long w­a­­i­t.

I would sugg­e­st go­i­ng b­a­ck to th­e­ old form­a­t: s­i­mpl­e­ ­i­n ­e­d­i­t­i­ng ­a­nd shoot­i­ng but d­e­­e­p ­i­n cont­e­nt on ­a­ mor­e­ fr­e­qu­e­nt b­a­s­i­s.

• Hanglyman

December 20, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Me agree. Me have to talk short like Hulk because dumb site censor comments with random words site not like.

• Hanglyman

December 20, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Mostly agree. Not completely. Site not friendly to elaboration.

• Hanglyman

December 20, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Years this happen. Why James never listen, never fix? Why? I end post now.

• December 21, 2016 at 5:32 am

Can’t agree more, sir

• December 21, 2016 at 6:36 am

Yes, those fucking filters are awful. And although I do know how to bypass them they are still annoying.

• Glorious Gerbil

December 21, 2016 at 10:39 am

Agree, This was basically just 11 minutes of slapstick with gameaccesories. AVGN serously needs to find a fresh start, feels like it has run its course otherwise.

• N0M4D

December 21, 2016 at 1:33 pm

I TOTALLY not agree with you. This was one of the funniest episodes they ever made, Keith Apicary was awesome btw but that’s not the point. You basically say you want to see the same game rewiew over and over, but James is not a reviewing machine, he’s a filmmaker. And in my opinion it’s about more than just a nerd, reviewing games…

• December 22, 2016 at 3:38 am

NOM4D, you’re missing the point. He’s getting away from what made him famous. Go back and watch some of his early stuff, like Ghostbusters on the NES. I truly felt the rage. I could actually picture the frustration of him playing it as a child and relate to it. That’s what made it so funny. It was genuine. Now…..idk it’s just not the same. The irony is that James criticizes a lot of these franchises like Star Wars for the reboots not living up to the original. And he’s falling into the same trap with the AVGN episodes over the last couple of years. Some are almost unwatchable. Get back to the roots. We need more game reviews talking about horrendous controls, graphics, music, etc. as opposed to conspiracy theories with Berenstain Bears.

• N0M4D

December 22, 2016 at 5:26 am

JEFF PAPIERNIK, I see what you mean. I think the major difference is that character of the nerd has changed over the years, propably because James went through many changes in his own life. What made the nerd character so funny and relateable to me at the beginning, was the fact that he was just a poor guy, sitting in his little room, suffering through all this awful games, and getting bitter and cynical over it. So you start to struggle the same struggle as him, as you’re watching, because everybody can understand why he’s getting so aggrevated about these games … they fucking suck! But now it seems like he’s diggin’ up one obscurity after another to keep it fresh somehow, and not putting as much focus on the character anymore. But I think it’s not possible to play the same role over and over again forever. I’m thankfull that they kept it up for so long, and someday somehow the AVGN series has to end. I think it’s better to make a great ending, then keeping it up untill the series itselfe fades into obscurity. btw isn’t that just what they did with starwars? They had one of the most epic trilogies of film history, and the ending was perfect. Then they make a bad movie and realte it to the classic trilogy. It’s like puking on the mona lisa. 🙂

• December 22, 2016 at 7:37 pm

NOM4D: no, I NEVER s­a­id I w­a­nted the s­a­me g­a­me review. I s­a­id I w­a­nt g­a­me REVIEWS or console reviews. AVGN h­a­s done both ­a­nd he h­a­d ­a­lw­a­ys been very inform­a­tive yet funny.

But this episode is nothing like th­a­t. The humor w­a­s not tot­a­lly b­a­d but it w­a­s not speci­a­lly funny ­a­nd felt out of pl­a­ce. I dont know if the speci­a­l guest is funny in other projects but here he w­a­snt ­a­t ­a­ll. He just doesnt fit in ­a­n AVGN episode. He ­a­nd AVGN h­a­ve no chemistry together, unlike with Mike M­a­tei with which the chemistry is ­a­ll over the pl­a­ce.

• Mogy Wang

December 22, 2016 at 10:25 pm

I think the reasons for this is that James himself is getting further and further from being a video game nerd. Childhood is so far away for him now. Unlike Mike who never grows up, James’s focusing on his career of doing movie-related stuffs and his family. I imagine that J&M monday may probably be the only time he gets to play games now. Hence, he’s losing his personal connection with games. There is nothing wrong with that. Maybe Mike can give him a hand. A crazy idea is that maybe he can make Mike the new nerd…

• SpiT420

January 11, 2017 at 12:40 pm

I must fully agree with Cain Nuke there. I think everyone is accustomed to seeing a decent review here, even if it is with jokes and whatnot. Now, watching this, i was introduced to several different gimmicks i didn’t know existed.

Was i any wiser by watching this? No. I guess wait for Mike to do an actual review, instead of this poorly made video that wasn’t even funny in the sense that AVGN used to be funny. New direction that i don’t get? Maybe, but it’s been going downhill for a while now.

James, really !

• KennyM

December 20, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Happy birthday to me!!

• December 20, 2016 at 2:09 pm

The Virtual Reality Stuntmaster again, im the must happy guy right now hahahaha.

• Weldin Dunn

December 20, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Need more boxes. I LIKE BOXES!

• joeperry

December 20, 2016 at 2:54 pm

The. Worst. AVGN. Episode. Ever.

• KennyM

December 20, 2016 at 5:08 pm

I dont know about the worst, but i absolutely fucking hated whoever this Keith guy is. I will say though, I too was thoroughly disappointed.

• DMM_poo

December 20, 2016 at 8:40 pm

I guess this is growing up. Monster Madness is gone (it wasn’t the same the last couple of years, anyway), AVGN is… this, Classic Game Room sucks nowadays, Nostalgia Critic is mostly ducky, etc….

• December 20, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Agreed! I’m just going to pretend this episode never happened

• Mr. Fox

December 21, 2016 at 2:34 am

Didn’t smile once.

• itscmillertime

December 21, 2016 at 8:10 am

What a bunch of grinches. This episode was awesome!

• N0M4D

December 21, 2016 at 1:44 pm

I’m with you man. Haters gonna hate…

• bud

December 21, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Baiters gonna ‘bate.

• DMM_poo

December 23, 2016 at 12:45 am

STFU NOM4D. Just because people don’t like something doesn’t mean they are haters you idiot.

• N0M4D

December 23, 2016 at 6:04 am

DMM_POO: Didn’t mean to offend anybody, but you just dislike beacause it’s different. Take as it is, it’s not that bad. Idiot…

• December 20, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Really surprised at the negative feedback in the YouTube comments, I thought this episode was hilarious. It might be because I’m a big Keith Apicary fan though.

• December 20, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Loved the review of all the bullshit accessories we got for Christmas in the 90s. The only thing I remember working well was the Super Scope 6 for SNES. Keep them coming James! Long live the Nerd.

• December 20, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Pricy episode. A great closeout to the year. Was that batter up bat for Snes?

• AbareKiller

December 20, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Unlike most every other Cinemassacre video, won’t be giving this one a rewatch, sorry. Was enough material to work with to make something similar to the NES Accessories episode, but this is just pure slapstick with Genesis accessories as a backdrop. The other guy isn’t funny at all.

• KennyM

December 20, 2016 at 5:10 pm

I couldn’t agree more. Who is this guy and what makes him anywhere near on par with the nerd?

• Gus Webb

December 20, 2016 at 4:50 pm

I love this episode, it reminds me alot of something I see from the three stooges. Great work, James, Keith, and the rest of the crew!

• Adrienn Nagy

December 20, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Who knows what’s the soundtrack from 9 min and on. Btw epic video

• Cyber Akuma

December 20, 2016 at 5:30 pm

Ehh…. gotta say, not feeling this episode. It was more just two people smashing props on a set for 12 minutes than an AVGN episode, they barely talked about the videogaming accessories.

• sexconker

December 20, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Great tease of the LJN **D** *R* at the very end. Can’t wait!

• Skelingaton

December 20, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Well you don’t have to wait since it was a clip from the LJN video art episode.

• Skelingaton

December 20, 2016 at 6:06 pm

I feel like Keith could have used an introduction. I’m guessing the guy is a comedian but I’ve never heard of him before his Cinemassacre appearance and he is just kind of in the episode like a regular character or someone we should know. Great use of prop destruction but this episode wasn’t really my cup of tea.

• Chris Day

December 20, 2016 at 7:13 pm

He actually a well know commercial actor, and at one time had a very successful stint here on youtube dancing and doing video game themed choreography. Besides making a spot on Trevor impersonator (check out his channel), he also does standup occasionally – focusing heavily on his stage character and physical comedy.

• Pablo1989

December 20, 2016 at 6:11 pm

😀 Great its like anger room where for small fee you can demolish anything at your sight for one hour.

• bud

December 21, 2016 at 11:05 am

Is that a real thing? Holy shit.

• windrammer

December 20, 2016 at 6:59 pm

What’s the name of the music that starts at 8:58?

• Adrienn Nagy

December 21, 2016 at 4:05 am

Yea i would like to know that too. Help us

• Chris Day

December 20, 2016 at 7:11 pm

If you made a drinking game of taking a shot every time a bottle was broke…you’d be pretty drunk before they got to the credits.

• Satnav

December 20, 2016 at 7:26 pm

I get what James was going for and I can’t say I wasn’t amused by the craziness, but the Keith guy could’ve used more introduction and I think a bit more explanation of the gizmos would’ve been nice.

• Don Skiver

December 20, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Ugh. I wrote out a nice thoughtful post explaining my feelings on this episode and why it fell flat. Instead, my post got eaten probably because I accidentally said that F word that rhymes with worst somewhere in my big wall of text.

Here’s the short version of what I said.
    Episode didn’t feel like AVGN featuring Keith Apicary. It felt like Keith Apicary featuring AVGN.

Physical comedy is nice, but you have to also do the game play and game reviews. Even the Bugs Bunny episodes which are known for INSANE amounts of physical comedy still managed to fit in some game play and reviews.

• Don Skiver

December 21, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Although this episode fell a little flat for me, I will say that I’d really LOVE to see the behind the scenes for this one.

• December 20, 2016 at 8:41 pm

I never comment but this episode was pretty awful.

• December 20, 2016 at 8:48 pm

James and Mike here’s an idea. Do another Christmas Past episode to stop this video from getting made.

• juggernautakira

December 20, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Didnt smile once.

When you ever, EVER, see a guest star, it means, it has to boost rating.

James, be the family man. Be the husband, the father the whatever. Let Mike take over. Weve adored youre early AVGN vids, but youve forgotten the Keep It Simple Silly formula. Youve already declared you abandoned the Monster Madness and youre the worst at games compared to Bootsy and Mike. So, turn in your creativity, your childhood, and your humor because its tearful to observe.

Oh and the Menacer worked nicely and so did the Stuntmaster. I hooked the Stunt easily as a child and really, it was just a screen with speakers by your ears. Nothing virtual really, just an in your face screen that, yes, was a bit heavy. See? Thats a review.

Mike, Bootsy, you have the mic.

• KennyM

December 21, 2016 at 12:51 am

You know what, although i agree with much of what you said, you sound like and come off as an absolute jerk. You should have just left it at “go back to the keep it simple formula.” Those other remarks were just flat out dickish

• Mr. Fox

December 21, 2016 at 2:35 am

This episode wasn’t good enough 🙁

• The Kaleidoscopic God

December 21, 2016 at 10:34 am

What a complete douchebag.

• hyper

December 20, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Hmm… I think you should make things more like Berenstein Bears.

• RichterBelmont

December 20, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Nicely done! Really enjoyed that you went out of the box on this one with the slapstick humor. Great set, soundtrack, editing, etc. all came together. Ignore the grinches and hydes who think you should stick to the same old formula all the time (as much as I love the formula). Merry Christmas to you and the Cinemassacre crew.

• bud

December 21, 2016 at 11:10 am

Exactly. This was a one-off. No other episode was like this. That’s what nobody else seems to appreciate.

• December 20, 2016 at 9:10 pm

This is great! Loved the soundtrack.

• net_rogue

December 20, 2016 at 9:23 pm

This was hilarious! Please, more Keith! We have an AVGN sidekick! LOL

Pure fun. Thanks guys!

• vertigo976

December 20, 2016 at 9:57 pm

I loved all the classic physical comedy but the history lesson was missed. I don’t know how history lessons could of fit into an episode like this though.

• December 20, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Awesome James I Hope Episode 144 And 145 Won’t Take As Long To Come Out This Was A Sweet Episode.

• akronymn

December 20, 2016 at 11:02 pm

How about you do a three stooges like video with the nerd, keith, and board james? OK maybe it would be easier if it had someone else beside board james.

• Gerald Robinson

December 20, 2016 at 11:57 pm

This was a blast, thank you. It looks like you all had a lot of fun. Merry Christmas.

• handsome pete

December 21, 2016 at 12:57 am

Pretty gimmicky episode overall, but there’s something strangely awesome about the visual of Keith and AVGN opening Christmas presents together.

• Mr. Fox

December 21, 2016 at 2:24 am

Hands down, the W O R S T AVGN episode ever. I mean, come on James, no reviews about games/accesories? 11 minutes of just breaking stuff instead of funny and interesting reviews? Was that the best you can come up with? I don’t think so. I, as a years old fan, was expecting some video game history/foul mouth review that have made you so special in this matter and, since the NES accesories episode was gold and a lot of fun, this is episode is just disappointing and awkwardly childish. I hope you can retake the formula of your old episodes combined with your awesome hilarious creativity, just like you did on the Street Fighter 2010, Batman, Castlevania episodes (to name a few) because this episode had what it takes to had been a very good episode no question about it.

• M K

December 21, 2016 at 4:06 am

Even though being a long time fan I usually don’t comment to James’ videos, but just watch, re-watch and like them. Seeing some of the negative backlash to this Christmas special I felt compelled to add my 2 cents:

I love the episode. People who’ve paid close attention to the AVGN movie will know who Keith is, and I think he’s funny as hell. I do prefer in depth reviews over this episode’s theme, but also enjoy a change of pace and to watch something different once in a while.

So.. thank you James! Once again, keep up the great work!

• ssokolow

December 21, 2016 at 5:24 am

A little too much acting drowning out everything else (reviewing, snarking, joking, etc.) for my tastes. (Sort of like why I could never get into Board James.)

To be honest, it feels like the post-season-4 Nostalgia Critic episodes. So caught up in acting that the original point was forgotten.

(Compare the NES accessories episode or the original Virtual Reality Stuntmaster AVGN bonus. I liked both of those but this is boring.)

…but then, I was worried as soon as I saw how much work had gone into the set at the beginning of the video.

Yet another reason 2016 sucks. Not only has The Cinema Snob grown overly fond of reviewing post-1995 stuff he’s not very good at mocking, now James has bombed the last episode of the year by following Nostalgia Critic in ditching the snarking to focus on boring acting.

(Here’s hoping that, unlike Doug Walker, James Rolfe is perceptive enough to let this experiment only last one episode and then return to the classic formula, as he did every other time he got adventurous.)

I’ve never seen Keith Apicary but it really wouldn’t surprise me if that “This wasn’t AVGN featuring Keith, it was Keith featuring AVGN” was correct.

• December 21, 2016 at 6:04 am

I enjoyed this episode. I look forward to more episodes from you as always. And it’s great to see the Blu-ray of your movie.

• December 21, 2016 at 7:37 am

My face hurts from laughing. XD

• itscmillertime

December 21, 2016 at 8:08 am

Best episode in a long time! Hilarious. Merry Christmas!

• Jamiesonofabitch

December 21, 2016 at 8:46 am

How dare you make an AVGN episode not exactly the way I want!
    After all the nothing I gave you to create the episode… for shame!!!

This smile on my face is a frown turned upside down. My laughs are a howl of disdain. Thanks for ruining my Christmas, Nerd!

• December 21, 2016 at 9:47 am

Great stuff 🙂

• bud

December 21, 2016 at 10:59 am

It’s not Christmas without the Nerd. 🙂
    Very fun episode. Lots of slapstick and pratfalls and breakaway props (how many coffee cups?). It cracked me up throughout.
    I love the idea that the Nerd is stuck in some alternate dimension where old peripherals and accessories are still given out by Santa on Christmas. Where the hell did you even dig those up?
    Also, best line: “Streets of Rage 2? That’s my autobiography!”

• bud

December 21, 2016 at 11:07 am

I didn’t even realize until now that Keith Apicary was just a character he played (I should have known that name sounded fake). I thought he was really like that in real life. 😛

• Joker83

December 21, 2016 at 11:36 am

This was hilarious madness, I am amazed at how well you are able to pull this stuff off. Thank you so much James and crew for all the wonderful content you provide throughout the year. Another classic AVGN episode in the can, you constantly outdo yourself. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

• December 21, 2016 at 1:15 pm

This is the kind of humor James enjoys, it literally screams the three stooges and the like. I think it was enjoyable knowing where it came from and that James probably put a lot of heart into it.

• Jan Derogee

December 21, 2016 at 2:37 pm

I’ve seen all the AVGN videos and everytime they surprise me. The content varies, the quality varies and all in a good way! I did not see this one coming! I was smiling all the way, it was very nicely done, very funny, very surprising because I did no expect slapstick from the AVGN. A real Xmas gift. Thanks! Happy hollidays to you all.

PS: as I’m from the Netherlands, I wasn’t familiar with the character Keith, so I googled and learned and then laughed even more, this keith guy really has a history of being funny. Sometimes it just looks like he’s made of rubber.

• December 21, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Ha Ha this was great. You should make Keith the Elf a annual Christmas beat-em-up tradition. Merry Christmas to you Nerd and Crew.

• December 21, 2016 at 2:55 pm

You definitely stepped out of the role as adult critic, and took us back to what being an excited kid on christmas was like! Less talk, more action. I thought the different approach was very fresh, not that every episode should be like this but i had several deep belly laughs while watching. Keith’s moves were perfect. You got the slapstick king!

You didn’t even seem that angry in this episode! Its just watching two friends have a great time.

Merry Christmas!

• ssokolow

December 26, 2016 at 4:53 am

To each his own. This is the only AVGN episode I’ve ever seen that I couldn’t find any enjoyment in… and I’ve watched and re-watched them all.

…but then I like to see some quality in my slapstick. The Three Stooges? Buster Keaton? Charlie Chaplin? Sure. They know how to do good slapstick when it’s called for. This was just boring.

It was also a huge disappointment because I was never a Sega kid, so I was really looking forward to seeing some constructive riffing of the Sega gizmos, similar to what he did for the NES Accessories video or the Tiger Electronic Handhelds video or the hardware-related episodes of 12 Days of Shitsmas.

Hell, the Abandoned Secret Scout episode did a better job of espousing the essence of AVGN than this.

(It also didn’t help that it didn’t really feel like James was in character as the AVGN. A good example of what I’m talking about would be at 6:45 in the Cannibal Holocaust episode of The Cinema Snob, when he “accidentally” gives his own opinion, then has to start over as The Snob. It really helps to jumpstart you into looking for that sort of thing.)

• December 21, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Definately appreciated all of the breaking bottles and mugs. I always like when a new cinematic effect is demonstrated.

• com85

December 21, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Wow! Best AVGN ep in a long time 🙂 spot on James! Keith was a nice addition, keep it up and a Happy Christmas to you,Mike,Ryan and Bootsy =)

• Rakket

December 21, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Great episode!! Gotta love some good ol’ fashioned slapstick. It looked like it was a blast to shoot! Keep up the good work, keep fighting the good fight, and Merry Christmas to the whole Cinemassacre family!

• wilko

December 21, 2016 at 7:31 pm

It was hilarious ! I laughed all the long. Great work. I won’t listen to the haters, they always want the same thig, the same formula, they don’t get it’s a special chritmas episode. James Rolf is a filmmaker, so he creates all time new ideas, to try new things, he all need to evolve at some point and that’s what he’s doing and for me it’s really good slapstick episode, I love it. Happy holidays, Geetings from France ! if the cinemassacre see this, come to see us in a convention in France some days, you have a lots of fans here !

• December 21, 2016 at 9:17 pm

I felt like James was going to say “Hi I’m the AVGN and welcome to Jackass!” I loved this video. Slapstick and more bottles a-breakin’ than I’ve ever seen. I had all but 2 of the periphreals, the golf and baseball ones. I did have the Sega Enforcer which wasn’t shown for some reason but all in all I loved this.

• bergotron

December 21, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Wow. Easily the worst AVGN video I have ever seen. Who was that jackass you had on pretending to be a mongoloid? He was terrible.

• Internoob

December 22, 2016 at 2:59 am

I think what hurts the most is that this is a Christmas special. :/ Compared to your other specials, this was just a HUGE lackluster. Oh well, here’s to hoping we get some good AVGN episodes in 2017. Stick to your older roots, James. All you need is yourself, and the game(s). You don’t need to rely on special guests and slapstick.

• Rennie Page

December 22, 2016 at 4:53 am

Garbage.

• December 22, 2016 at 5:07 am

This episode was really bad like it wasn’t even funny at all like you used to swear a lot but its like now you gave up and it sucks now. Its FUCJING SHIT

• December 22, 2016 at 5:10 am

Oh yeah and stop doing shitty PC games on James and mike Mondays like do actual GOOD games on console like super Mario 64 or something

• Chris Day

December 24, 2016 at 7:56 am

Wonderful – a fucking troll. Type, complain, and bitch like your 15 years old. Funny thing about getting older Lika – and especially after having a small child around – is that you don’t cuss quite as much as you did before. Many of james ‘best’ vids are before he was married, and most even before that when he was in his ‘fucktastic’ 20’s. Furthermore, you’re telling him to do avgn episodes about “GOOD games” tells me how clueless you really are about what he delivers. And as for PC games being enharently bad because they are not on console – I think perhaps you need to look at the rehashed crap dripping onto half baked consoles like the PS Pro these days. A fraction of games released these days vs years past, and shitty consoles. PC on the other hand has no shortage of new games, and avoids mainly of peoples complaints of this gen. It’s why so many of us prefer out console gaming of the ‘retro variety’ – and why so many people have switched over to PC now. Besides, DOOM (one of the PC games they played) is hardly a “shitty PC game”.

• December 22, 2016 at 5:11 am

Keep this up and no ones gonna buy those blue ray DVDs😠😬

• Psychojaws

December 22, 2016 at 5:22 am

Funny episode; I liked the slapstick and pure silliness of it. Would love to see another “12 Days of Shitsmas” down the line. Looking forward to 2017 AVGN stuff.

• The Wicker Man

December 22, 2016 at 8:22 am

I, for one, loved it! Damn near pissed myself laughing when James face-planted through the table!

• Jack Ciavardini

December 22, 2016 at 7:22 pm

I really appreciate all of the effort that James put into this, but in my opinion any potential that this epsiode had was ruined by Keith… It just really wasn’t funny at all to me :\
    On a side note I’m really excited for AVGN X2, but why just 13 episodes? The last one had 100. It just seems like a weird number…

• ssokolow

December 26, 2016 at 4:42 am

I’m assuming it’s because the older disc was mostly/entirely SD videos while the newer disc is mostly/entirely HD videos.

Gotta make up for those bigger file sizes somehow.

• Kdogprime

December 22, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Why hasn’t anyone figured out yet that this is the AVGN version of It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World?

• December 23, 2016 at 4:43 am

really enjoyed this ep. one of my favs.

(next to the Castlevania eps)

• erik37

December 23, 2016 at 4:35 pm

That was awesome!!!! I was cracking up this one is going to be hard to top guys great work 🙂

• December 23, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Make it simple James. You’re overthinking the episodes. Pick a game, write a text, roast it. Thats it.

• December 25, 2016 at 8:29 pm

agreed

• December 28, 2016 at 7:40 am

You see, i guess there are two types of AVGN fans, the ones who love James work, and the fanatics – the ones who cant stand the idea of someone making a bad review on James. They tak it as a personal attack. And that will ultimately ruin James Rolfe sense of direction and smart humour.

• December 23, 2016 at 7:32 pm

James, review the 1997 PlayStation/Sega Saturn game Courier Crisis. It’s obscure and has a lot of flaws to make fun of.

• paulwilson1982

December 24, 2016 at 2:21 am

Funny video 🙂 and Happy Holidays!

• Grandmasterp

December 24, 2016 at 9:18 am

Holy Shitsmas, that was fuckin’ crazy!

• Phoenix7786

December 24, 2016 at 12:37 pm

As unfortunate as it is to admit, I did not smile a single time. This did not feel like an AVGN episode. There was no in-depth analysis, no mention of the rage or frustration he would have felt as a child owning these pieces of junk. He had an impressive budget for all the slapstick and it shows. I’m happy for that. I just wish he did some actual reviews.

• December 25, 2016 at 8:30 pm

I dont know what you people are smokin but this video was sh*t

• December 26, 2016 at 12:59 am

you know what´s bullshit?

this episode

come on james, you are much smarter than this piece of fucking junk

this kind of shit will make you lose your cult following

you are becoming the dumb boring piece of shit you complain about in the avgn episodes

isnt that ironic

totally ruined my xmas

i hate you

• ssokolow

December 26, 2016 at 5:00 am

Having had a couple of days to let it sit and think, I suppose all I can say is this:

While it could be considered a good episode by people who are less discerning in their slapstick, it’s not a good AVGN episode.

(Sort of like those games where they’re the third in the GameName series and fair reviewers can only say “It’s a good game… it’s just not a GameName game.”)

For all you accomplished, it lacks the things that characterize AVGN episodes. (James being angry, a bluntly honest criticism of why the things being explored are flawed, etc.)

It really does feel like James invited some guy named Keith Apicary for another guest episode similar to Lloyd Kaufman’s visit, Keith completely botched the filming with James trying so hard to salvage things that he failed to stay in character, and they didn’t have time/resources to do a re-shoot.

• December 26, 2016 at 9:37 am

God damnit I laughed at that clock getting progressively destroyed. Great Christmas special James, unlike some of your other fans, I know this was a one off and I’m glad you got creative with it! That slapstick was pure gold!

• MelancholyRose

December 27, 2016 at 4:18 pm

All I want for Christmas is an episode of AVGN that makes me laugh the way they used to years ago. And for me to not write off episodes in a “never, ever watching that again” manner.

• Joe Robinson

December 27, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Finally registered an account to say fuck all these negative hater comments. This is my most watched episode. AVGN and Keith were awesome, so many great quotes. “FOUR!…..teen” and “I’ll be right back” crack me up every time. Keep it up guys, this was great!

• December 28, 2016 at 7:36 am

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Besides when someone makes a bad review in this channel is because he/she believes can do better. I for one believe in that. James is waaaaay better than this…

• January 5, 2017 at 11:31 am

same bro… I’m gonna have to start leaving comments to comabt the haters… We’ve seen james do over a hundred serious reviews… what hes doing is evolving his routine and keeping his fire for these videos alive

• heyitsadam

December 28, 2016 at 9:33 am

I got the impression that James went to the flea market, bought a bunch of crap and needed an excuse to destroy it all on camera. What was the budget for safety-break bottles for this episode? C’mon James… give us a legit review of these products.

• KorMc79

December 28, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Specifically logged in (which is rare) to give an official thumbs up on Keith. This guy’s energy has given new life to some of the run of the mill videos as of late! Still laughing from “.. and more”. LOLOL Well done guys!

• Nova1979

December 28, 2016 at 2:49 pm

James, I know you’ll probably never read this however I still want to say this was awesome. I laughed so hard at the physical comedy and the ridiculous amounts of bottles that get broken on your and Keiths face that I was afraid my co-workers were going to hear me LOL. I needed to get away from my job for a minute and your video hit the spot. Great work and God Bless.

• January 5, 2017 at 11:29 am

I seriously could not keep myself together while watching this… When the creators have so much fun making something its hard to not have fun with them =) thanks for this wonderful Christmas Gift Cinemassacre and Merry Christmas to James and the Crew =D

• January 5, 2017 at 11:34 am

I think reviewing all these Items in depth would have been tiresome and repetitive … after all… they’re all just crap items marketed well to the poor saps who bought them. It was interesting to see that the golf club worked however =)

• January 5, 2017 at 11:35 am

These vids are the reason I look forward to the holidays… thanks for all the hard work as usual =)

• January 5, 2017 at 5:06 pm

I almost couldnt watch this episode.. because i was laughing tears from my eyes throught the whole thing. James IS keeping the videos very fresh with new styles like big theories(Seaman game, berenstein bears) or slapstick comedy (this one) in them. Also themed episodes etc. Great job AVGN! Ive seen every episode and im very grateful they keep coming

• January 5, 2017 at 11:52 pm

Worst AVGN episode ever, this is worse even than the movie!!!

• Dan85

January 9, 2017 at 12:25 am

All that’s missing is Doug Walker (or his brother) showing up as Santa to punish Keith for being naughty.

• skapunkrudeboy

January 9, 2017 at 2:03 pm

I don’t know what it is, but I can’t stand Keith Apicary. I feel like he tries too hard to be funny. I hate when I see him on TV commercials. The K Mart one is horrible. The video was just a little too chaotic for AVGN and I’ve seen every episode. Hopefully next one will be better.

• MrPlow3

January 9, 2017 at 2:29 pm

I just chimed in to say that all you whiners have horrible taste and the absolutely worst sense of humor.

This was by far the best nerd episode in years. And I don’t know who this Keith guy was but he was frickin hilarious.

What not enough f bombs and diarrhea jokes to make you humorless twats laugh?

This was great James, thanks!

• Mike Bray

January 14, 2017 at 2:19 am

That was great, Keith was hilarious. Very good slap stick.

• Charles Brabham

February 10, 2017 at 12:52 am

I was so confused with this video.. What was with all the crashing and breaking? Like, he does some of that in his videos, sure, but this was like 90% breaking stuff. It was funny, and entertaining, I just didn’t understand the theme, or the cause.. Why did he do it? Was there a message to it all? A theme? A moral?.. Then I saw the guest appearance and it kinda made sense to me.. I can only assume all the slapstick was the guest’s idea, and james was being nice and making a video accommodating the style of the guest, which was cool, because it still had the classic AVGN feel to it.

Beyond that, I like how even when he advertises his own stuff, he uses the same voice he would for his reviews, like he isn’t selling out or trying to “make it sound cooler than it is”, it’s just him, a regular dude, advertising stuff themed around him. His neutral and matter-of-fact attitude will always be part of what makes him so great.

• Charles Brabham

February 10, 2017 at 12:56 am

Man.. He sure is getting a lot of flack from people about this video.. Tone it down guys, it’s just another AVGN episode, yeah it’s a little different, but you don’t need to break out the pitchforks just yet.

Part of the reason he doesn’t make these episodes as frequently is the same reason pewdiepie doesn’t make gaming vids so much anymore..

This series was AVGN’s stepping stone to fame.. Now he’s famous, so he could just pack all this up, flip you the bird, and use the money he’s gained to do something awesome.

But he isn’t doing that, is he.. So be grateful that he cares about his fans.

• February 14, 2017 at 12:09 am

Wow…Keith looks so much like James..it’s uncanny.

• Brian Ramsay

February 14, 2017 at 10:32 am

Don’t listen to the negative Nancies. This was a great episode. More Nathan Barnatt/Keith Apicary! I wish more people knew who he was. I wish I would have known who he was years ago.

• Brian Ramsay

February 14, 2017 at 10:33 am

Happy VD Day!!!

• Brian Ramsay

February 14, 2017 at 10:43 am

Ooops. Redundancies found. The D already contains the day in VD Day.

• March 9, 2017 at 11:50 pm

when’s the next videos?

• March 22, 2017 at 9:07 pm

James if you read read this review Pepsiman you’ll love it

#bring back AVGN

• penpan

March 23, 2017 at 5:51 pm

WOW this was the most slaptastic episode ever! Good job on making your own movie glass, james; especially with the bottle and props like that clock in the corner. I was highly amused and impressed with the set effects!

• retronostalgia

April 2, 2017 at 5:51 pm

This episode was all kinds of wonderful. Hope you guys had a blast making it!

• Gamebrain

April 9, 2017 at 1:58 pm

This was definitely one video that kept me laughing! Love the duos. Btw, keep showing our age, James. You know what I mean… Shocker soundtrack during “Real Deal” Boxing? Lol!

• hzzm

April 17, 2017 at 3:58 pm

James, you lost touch with the content. It’s all about fancy special effects that I don’t care for. I want to know if that Force-Feedback backpack really does anything at all.

• Ben_from_G-town

April 23, 2017 at 11:36 am

Lots of fun physical comedy here. The way you acted like kids who actually enjoyed the add-ons instead of explaining why are they so shitty was a neat change of pace.

I wanted the Activator as a kid. I had Eternal Champions. Looks like it didn’t do what it advertised though so I suppose I didn’t miss much. 😀

• RosieMBanks

May 2, 2017 at 2:18 pm

I didn’t expect to like this one, but it made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

• raziel

June 4, 2017 at 7:32 am

I think this was awesome because avgn is also about the culture and history of the gaming industry, besides the feelings of frustration you get when you actually sit down to experience the shitty games he reviews. Just hilariously exaggerated chaos about how ridiculously worthless these peripherals are is sometimes good.

• July 13, 2017 at 5:38 pm