Link to the Past (SNES) Part 3 – James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / December 5th, 2016

Comments

• JJ85

December 5, 2016 at 9:56 am

If you want to try a swordless run, give the GBA version a try:
    You can attack enemies with the lantern and you can use the bug-catching net against agahnim in both versions. you still need to slice the curtains with the sword though as you said.
    (I also haven’t done this myself, so there are probably other times where you need the sword)

• skwij

December 5, 2016 at 1:23 pm

You guys are champions of Hyrule! Well done, and thanks!

• December 5, 2016 at 8:45 pm

You guys are awesome and very funny keep up the good work but whoever is editing the videos is cutting out too much off most of the videos

• December 6, 2016 at 4:24 am

I love these videos and I love your site. You should try Goof Troop for SNES for a James and Mike Mondays. It’s super fun. That conveyor belt with the bomb made me think of that.

• Andrew Kiewel

December 6, 2016 at 5:39 am

It seems like there was some confusion between James and Mike over the whole Ganon/Agahnim thing. It seems that Mike was saying that we shouldn’t read too much into the “big reveal” in this game because Agahnim was just a device to hide the fact that the main enemy was Ganon to surprise players. If that is what he was saying I disagree. Zelda should be about more than just the gameplay. The stories they tell, as simple as they may be, are fun and help draw you into the world. The developers want you to become invested in each character’s conflicts and resolutions so think it is important to care and consider each part of the storyline. If the creators didn’t explain aspects of the main storyline in a clear way that makes sense it ultimately hurts the game.

With that said: Ganon could not enter the light world and was trapped in the dark world. Being a wizard he found a way to have his spirit take another form (Agahnim) in the light world. He then used this form to try and free his true essence from the dark world so that he could be all powerful as his true self in the light world. That’s my best shot and I’m definitely with James in questioning that stuff in games, shows and movies that I love.

• December 16, 2016 at 4:31 am

Golden sword sounds more dignified. I just called it the banana.

• December 16, 2016 at 4:38 am

Oh lol.. that nerd debate about ganon/agahnim is so painfully familiar. Made me laugh and cringe. Btw, Ganon is talk about in the manual. Agahnim was a dark wizard who opened up the sealed golden world to liberate Ganon or something. He probably just got possessed afterward. It might have been a localization error y’know, check out the japanese texts to see about that alter-ego thing.