PS4 Pro – Talk About Games

Mike Matei / November 24th, 2016

Mike and Ryan discuss if the PS4 Pro is worth buying!

Comments

• November 24, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Updated graphic card, hah! It’s just overclocked, that’s such a turn off for me. It basically just means they put nitro in it, the system will get problems and die substantially sooner like that. Ps4 is already so expensive with barely any exclusive games, with fees to play online even, but now it’s like costing 5$ a week more because it’s heating my home. Phew, no thanks lol..

• November 24, 2016 at 10:29 pm

4k is bs also. Tv companies are just giving ridiculous reasons to update your current set… and it seems people are buying it.

• November 25, 2016 at 4:16 am

No, the GPU in the PS4 Pro actually is a new design; the Xbox One S is the one which has a (very mildly) overclocked GPU. Not that you’ll notice in most games, since the newer GPU just emulates the original one in any game that isn’t specifically enhanced for the Pro.

• November 25, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Xbox1 is just, if not worst, as bad. No need to stalk me on my website lol…

• November 25, 2016 at 4:30 pm

I’m not sold on Switch anyway, Nintendo has disappointed me way too much over the last year. Pretty much all the games on wiiu were either cheap and/or short-lived with a severe lack of content. I don’t expect Zelda BotW to meet expectations. That game has been announce for too long, too many delays, too much hype. I’ll most likely get a Switch much later on if they’ve made descent numbers of good games on it.

• Don Skiver

November 27, 2016 at 8:11 pm

This is like the Bit Wars all over again. Remember the Bit Wars of the early 90’s? Yeah. It’s just like that. Except instead of retarded add-ons and retarded half-baked systems from companies that aren’t gaming companies we just get more half-baked systems from the current gaming companies.

• Paulballsftw

November 25, 2016 at 12:27 am

The difference is so small to even care. I held off getting a PS4 to finish my PS3 games and now I am not even sure I want to get a PS4. Might just wait for the PS5 lol. I only was interested in two games so far on the PS4. I am not going to buy and $400 system just to play 2 games. I may stick with PC from now on.

• November 25, 2016 at 3:54 am

Right? Pc is best for what games xb and ps have to offer so far. Beside, having a ps3, a ps4 is basically useless since almost everything is on the ps3.

• Tross

November 25, 2016 at 2:12 am

The PS4 is a solid system and I would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone who likes more than just shooters and sports games. However, I’ll stick to my current PS4. I don’t have a 4K TV and I think games look just fine in 1080p. I think you guys are a tad too biased against the PlayStation brand, but to say that the Pro is not worth $400 for those of us who already own a base model is probably fair. Persona 5 won’t look that much better on it. I’m sure Mass Effect Andromeda, my other most anticipated game, will look a little better, but eh…

• November 25, 2016 at 2:58 am

I’ve got to say, I really enjoy my console gaming. I enjoy the fact that I buy a game, put the disc in and it works. No messing around with settings, no worrying about what it’s going to be able to handle etc. The fact that console manufacturers are now starting to release mid gen upgrades pisses me off a little. The thing that should matter the most is the games. I don’t care that my PS3 isn’t as capable graphically as my PS4 or XBOne, I keep going back to it as I have a massive backlog of quality games.
    Ryan is spot on about the competition. Sony and MS are both in a playground at the moment saying “My consoles better than your console”. “Yeah well just wait till you see my new one, it’s got more mega floppy bits than yours”. “I don’t care cos I’ve got a new new one that’s got 1.21 gigawatts of processing power”.
    Screw that! Just wait another 4 years and bring us the PS5 and the XBTwo or whatever you’re gonna call it and do true 4K gaming then. At least the majority of the install base will already have 4K TV’s.

• bud

November 26, 2016 at 7:45 am

I feel the same way. I feel no reason to upgrade to 4K when 4K content is so limited. I don’t want to rest of my shit to be upscaled, I want to enjoy it in its native quality. I’ll wait for the next gen of consoles to upgrade my stuff.

The only good thing about the Pro I can see is that it supports VR better. But VR is still in its infancy and it basically sucks right now. There’s like 3 games total. I’d rather have the Vive but of course I’ll never afford that until way way in the future.

• juggernautakira

November 25, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Does it play PS3 or PS4 games? No? Then fuck this noise.

• bud

November 26, 2016 at 4:28 am

I just bought a PS4 Slim for Black Friday.
    I’m finally entering the next gen of gaming…and I already feel like I’m behind.

• November 26, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Yeah the consoles will always lag behind PC. The PS4 in 2013 was already old news.

• November 26, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Ps5 and Xb4 on the way probably lol.. Console gaming is really for spoiled middle class mostly. it’s way too ephemeral.

• Alexander Andersson

November 27, 2016 at 4:09 pm

2160p is 4K

• November 27, 2016 at 6:50 pm

You guys ae hilarious, I was laughing so hard throughout this video. 🙂

• Cineassacre

November 28, 2016 at 8:03 am

This whole console generation reminds me of the Bugs Bunny & Yosemite Sam cartoon where they point guns at eachother & each time pointing a bigger gun than the other.

• DMM_poo

November 28, 2016 at 9:23 am

I had originally planned to buy a PS4 when Dark Souls 3 came out, but the price was still high and I heard rumors of a slim coming soon. So I waited and waited… then I started hating the rumors of a PS4K, and I thought “this is perfect, I’ll go all out and upgrade my 42″ tv which is entirely too small for the room it’s in (about 15 feet from tv to seating) to a larger 4k tv and my PS4 will serve as my new gaming/media hub.” So I waited and waited for more info about the new PS4, then, finally, they announce the Pro. I was so disappointed by the lack of 4k blu Ray support that I bought an XBox One S that day, and I love it. I eventually did just end up buying a cheap, used PS4, however, mostly to play Bloodborne.

• Fluxcapacitor121

November 29, 2016 at 10:47 am

Best part of video? Secret of Mana! haha!
    Shame about PS4 not-so Pro, but… Persona 5. Nuff said 🙂

• December 1, 2016 at 1:47 pm

2160p IS 4k. 1080p is 2k.