NES Classic Edition “NES Mini” Talk About Games

Mike Matei / November 11th, 2016

Mike and Ryan discuss the NES Classic Edition (NES Mini)

Check out Full Sail’s Courses at http://fullsail.edu/Cinemassacre (Video Sponsored by Full Sail)

Comments

• November 11, 2016 at 5:02 pm

That’s incredible, you’d think by now they would not repeat the cord length problem of 20 years ago that all companies did lol

• Paulballsftw

November 11, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Ithink there is over 520 or 530 total games in the NES library. They could have had 150 games on there that has some series games that went up to 2 or 3. There is many titles that are more popular then the ones they picked too. I would get this but I would feel like I would want to play other games that it’s missing too. Might just be better to get a Rasberry Pi and stick it in a controller that has a long HDMI output to the tv instead of this. That way you can play any game.

• November 12, 2016 at 12:33 am

It’s cool Final Fantasy is there, but so many things missing. Tmnt, Dragon Quest, Goonies, Castlevania 3, many megamans, rampage. So many japanese-only games also, like Lagrange Point, Fire Emblem, Mother/Earthbound Zero.

• Xotice

November 11, 2016 at 8:19 pm

FUCK FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY! I’m $230K in debt thanks to those assholes… yes, it was my choice to go there (for two degrees) however, their job placement program is complete SHIT and the education is NOT worth the money. NEVER go to a for profit college!!!

Luckily I got a decent job (no thanks to the career development department) in my field and I’m slowly climbing the ranks, but the amount of debt I have hangs over me every day like a dark cloud. Graduates from Full Sail have one of the highest student loan default percentages out of any school. Be warned.

• bud

November 11, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Thanks for reviewing this. The short cord and limited library are major flaws. I’d pick it up on sale or used for about 20 bucks.

• john lombardo

November 11, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Who?? Who do you know that can promote it????

• November 12, 2016 at 12:35 am

Hdmi only, err.. No av, component or older connections, no thanks.

• Don Skiver

November 12, 2016 at 1:30 am

Theres only a couple games I wouldn’t want to play. It’s actually a pretty solid list of games. Also, I *guarantee* you their strategy is to sell multiple versions of this thing. I just don’t understand their whole artificial scarcity strategy. It’s bullshit and stupid.

• Xen11

November 12, 2016 at 6:01 am

Are you or James going to review the AVS? It’s clearly superior. Probably saved it for last. That thing seems pretty amazing. So it can display every of your NES games in 1080 or 720 without any lag?

• Pablo1989

November 12, 2016 at 7:35 am

What is this? Console for ants!?

• Bryce Neuner

November 12, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Glad to see you guys got your hands on one. I went hunting yesterday with no luck. I figure I’ll pick one up in the next couple of weeks. I’d like to see you guys talk more about the AVS by Retro USB, I didn’t know that thing even existed.

• DMM_poo

November 12, 2016 at 3:46 pm

I like how you guys kept snatching it from one another while talking about it. lol

• WyldeGoose

November 12, 2016 at 4:03 pm

If they do an N64 Mini, I demand they put in the very original, arcade version, of Killer Instinct. I’ve been waiting for that game to appear on consoles for decades now! I think we all ought to flood Nintendo with requests for that. Of course, I have the new KI on XBox One, but I want the original arcade KI, the one we were promised but never really got.

• Gregorydale

November 12, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Super disappointed in Nintendo. Not on the product itself but but how we were able, or should I say, not able to get this product. Also a big anti shoutout to gamestop and bestbuy for not allowing single unit preorders. Finally, the douchebags who snactched this up online only to sell it on ebay at 5x or more the cost of the unit. Saw prices as high at 60k promising same day delivery. Great review guys, but seriously, fuck this.

• bud

November 13, 2016 at 1:29 am

Reminds me of the whole Pepsi Perfect debacle. Fuck them.

• RosevilleReaper

November 12, 2016 at 11:02 pm

ooooo let me hold that NES..Now let me see it,ok lemme hold it again,that feels nice i want it back,ok that’s long enough pass it back to me,that’s so small let me feel how heavy it is,i gotta talk about something an i hold it again..you guys are in love passing that thing around like a cheep prostitute..go put your vive’s back on now

• heyitsadam

November 25, 2016 at 9:44 am

I would love to have this, but I can’t see overpaying for it since I have OPENEMU on my Mac Book which I can play the exact same games for free.