Targets (1968) Monster Madness X #23

Mike Matei / October 23rd, 2016

Targets (1968) Monster Madness X #23

Comments

• Don Skiver

October 23, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Never saw this one. Thinking maybe I should now.

• giant777squid

October 23, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Wow, great, insightful review James! I caught the end of this on TV when I was a kid and always wondered what movie it was. I’m really going to miss Monser Madness after this year but know you’ll just keep cranking out awesome content. Thanks!

• RyanSurvivor

October 23, 2016 at 2:37 pm

I think it’s worth mentioning that the sniper storyline was based on the Charles Whitman shooting at the University of Texas a couple of years prior to Targets’ release. As you said though, it was definitely a response to the fears of the real world. Great review.

• Pablo1989

October 23, 2016 at 2:46 pm

😀 Yea Zodiac killer get slapped.
    I know its not Zodiac killer but kinda reminds me a little.

• October 23, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Wasn’t familiar with this film before today. I’m looking for the DVD right now

• fcabanski

October 23, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Good grief, I want to watch Monster Madness, not an ad for a sissy soccer game or an ad featuring frumps and their cats.

• fcabanski

October 23, 2016 at 3:04 pm

“The world is changing” – it’s getting more violent. That’s a false perception people have. The world has always been violent. There has always been murder. Nothing is changing.

• DMM_poo

October 24, 2016 at 9:06 am

No shit there has always been murder. Everybody knows that. But to say that “nothing is changing” is flat-out incorrect.

• October 23, 2016 at 8:51 pm

IT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD MOVIE

• TagaZok

October 24, 2016 at 12:05 am

I want to see it .Boris KArloff swan song movie I want it

• October 24, 2016 at 1:28 am

Wonder if the car shooting was an inspiration to the beltway snipers?

• Jason Twitchell

October 24, 2016 at 2:46 am

The Drive-In was located in Reseda California in the good ol San Fernando Valley. I grew up not very far from there in Northridge and Chatsworth. My local Drive-In was the Winnetka 6 in Chatsworth. The great times I had at Winnetka are wonderful memories. I need to check this film out now. It looks great. Boris Karloff is in it, that alone justifies everything.

• Alex Row

October 24, 2016 at 10:53 am

Intersting film. By far the best scene is Karloff vs the sniper. Honestly, that murderous fuck deserved to slapped around a hell of a lot more.

• DMM_poo

October 24, 2016 at 1:39 pm

I’m definitely picking up a copy of this one. Looks good.