Castlevania (NES) Mike & Ryan

Mike Matei / October 1st, 2016

• jasonjrf

October 1, 2016 at 1:45 am

Castle Vania 3 on nes is the hardest but not if you use Grant Or whatever the guy’s name is who climbs on walls. I beat CV3 as a kid and I had all 3 of them they were my fav games never beat the other two. But using the wall guy you can manuver all over the map and it makes it much easier.

• Anthony33

October 1, 2016 at 2:14 am

I gotta say, damn good job on a pretty challenging retro game.

• skwij

October 1, 2016 at 6:18 am

Right on! Great playthrough of a great game! This one is my favorite Castlevania, and my favorite game. Thanks guys!

• bud

October 1, 2016 at 6:27 am

It’s so weird to see Ryan enjoying a retro title.
    Damn Mike, between J&MM, Mike & Bootsy and Talk About Games/Mike & Ryan, you have the best job ever.

• bud

October 1, 2016 at 8:18 am

Hey! It’s October 1. Where’s my motherfucking Monster Madness? 😀

• October 1, 2016 at 8:31 am

One of my favorite NES games!

• stephen mccord

October 1, 2016 at 8:46 am

Not sure if you saw last comment. but You need to try terrorDrome. A horroe themed tournament fighter. It has Jason, michael, freddie, chucky, ghostface, even maniac Cop. It is free to download. great game for halloween, since it falls on a monday.

• Phoenix7786

October 1, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Awesome job guys on the great win there and I honestly expected to hear that grating tone Mike gets when he gets flustered but I will eat crow on this good sir since you rocked the whole time 😀

Also love the throwback moment to the AVGN Castlevania episodes with the deaths montage!

• Lastor

October 2, 2016 at 7:16 am

You’d think I’d be sick of this oversaturation of Castlevania videos on this site. Like, change the game for once and give the NES “Mission Impossible” a go.

Yet I’m not. So there’s that.

• Phoenix7786

October 2, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Oh man NES Mission Impossible; what a great, underrate game!

• Wildside50

October 4, 2016 at 10:41 pm

@2:30, catches the boomerang, like a boss. Reward in-game? Nothing; but we all did it. Every time.

• October 12, 2016 at 8:07 pm

I wouldn’t call you out for not using the same term in the manual… but for missing a turkey leg in level 2 right where you got hit by the knight, and in level 5 you missed a turkey too