Batman: The Telltale Series – Talk About Games

Mike Matei / August 4th, 2016

Mike and Ryan discuss Batman: The Telltale Series

Comments

• Don Skiver

August 4, 2016 at 12:21 am

Jeez… I heard things about this game. Bad things. 🙁

• jediyte

August 4, 2016 at 12:30 am

*goes to play batman on nes*

• August 4, 2016 at 1:25 am

I just saw your video of the Batman Telltale series why are you playing a game that you know you would have asked when the game is actually really good and you said in the video that you don’t like point-and-click games until dawn was terrible The Telltale series is about storytelling and your
    decisions in the game does affect you later on you would know that if you ever played a Telltale series

• August 4, 2016 at 2:03 am

It’s not a bad game it’s just not the kind you like. I’ve enjoyed quite a few of the telltale games and they’re all awfully similar when it comes to things like combat. But these games are more about the stories and choices you make rather than the actual combat.

• bud

August 4, 2016 at 2:27 am

Yes, it’s a thinking man’s game and that actually fits pretty well with Batman’s intelligence. It’s basically like playing an interactive comic book where you choose your own adventure. I can’t think of anything cooler than making your own decisions which lead you down different paths and unique gameplay.

• bud

August 4, 2016 at 2:24 am

I haven’t watched this yet, but I’m afraid to. I love Telltale Games (and their predecessors, LucasArts and Sierra Online) and games like Monkey Island, Sam & Max, The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us are some of my favorite gaming experiences in recent memory. I know this one is going to be just as good as those, so I don’t know if I want to spoil my experience by having others badmouth it before I’ve had a chance to dig into it.

• bud

August 4, 2016 at 8:19 am

Okay, I watched it. All your street cred is out the window. Games come in all shapes and sizes. This is an interactive story, plain and simple. Other Batman games exist which contain all action (as you pointed out, the entire Arkham series) and will satisfy those players. For those of us who love these types of games, it is great to tap into the Batman mythology with a whole new storyline.

With regards to the graphics, it’s a simple graphic novel style. It works for the game. I didn’t think the voice acting sounded remotely like Animal either. I think the main problem is that Batman fans are flocking to this game without any knowledge of these types of adventure games and are complaining about all the wrong things.

Oh, and I also liked The Killing Joke feature. Rotten Tomatoes be damned.

• August 4, 2016 at 8:35 am

you’re treating this as a video game.it’s an interactive story. you’ve looked at it at completely the wrong angle and made this review totally invalid.

• Pablo1989

August 4, 2016 at 10:25 am

Thanks! 😀 just after my brithsday
    Ive wonder did Telltale gonna plan make The Shadow or Cthulhu mythos series

• DanDasana

August 4, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Harsh review, Batman will remember that.

• August 4, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I don’t think you guys understand this is a story-driven game. If you want “GAMEPLAY” you can go back to Doom or something.

• August 4, 2016 at 10:39 pm

You can’t talk about glowing eyes without mentioning Sam Fisher.