We Happy Few (PC) Talk About Games

Mike Matei / August 2nd, 2016

Mike and Ryan discuss We Happy Few, an indie-horror survival game by Compulsion Games.

Comments

• BADam

August 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm

ZombiiU did it the survival/rogue-like/story-driven thing with flying colours, it is possible. However, you’re right this early pre-alpha has not got any balance right.
    Also, you’re doubly right British people don’t generally ‘coorr bloimey guvner’ a lot, although i am going to try to that tomorrow now

• Chiggins

August 2, 2016 at 9:28 pm

To be fair, it’s set in the ’60s, when people did talk like that. Now it’s only really old people who do.

• August 3, 2016 at 6:51 am

I loved ZombiU. But it was not as good on the PS4 as it was on the WiiU. Works best with the WiiU´s controller.

• August 2, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Since the game is still officially in Early Access, it makes sense that it has all the problems you guys described. Hopefully, as they continue to progress, they’ll make changes so that the game is more playable. I tend to wait until games come out of Early Access just as a rule.

• August 2, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Please, PLEASE talk about Nightshade

• bud

August 2, 2016 at 6:32 pm

I just downloaded this game yesterday. Guess I won’t have to play it now! 😛

• August 2, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Why do all of these pc games they talk about run like garbage for them? Are these games just optimized like garbage or is it something to do with their video capture?

• lunalicrichard

August 3, 2016 at 4:21 am

What a shame . This looked so good at E3 ….
    Now they killed the hype around this game with a crappy alpha build .

• bud

August 3, 2016 at 7:56 am

Can you guys review Supreme Ruler: Trump Rising? 😛

• August 3, 2016 at 12:30 pm

No, you fuckin dumbass hippy liberal

• bud

August 4, 2016 at 2:28 am

Would it offend you if I said I weep for our future?

• August 3, 2016 at 10:36 am

I think you should mention it’s the pre-alpha in the title or the beginining of the video

• August 4, 2016 at 3:37 am

Honestly, I felt a lot of these things applied to Pokemon Go as well, especially the part about scrounging, I feel like I’m always running out of stuff in that game and I feel like I have to spend money about every other day to get anywhere because I keep running out of crap. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had a lot of fun with the game and as long as I’m having fun, I can overlook all of the issues the game has. I just found it funny that so many of the issues you mention in this game apply to Pokemon Go as well and that you seen to love that game so much more. Team I
    Instinct for life!

• August 5, 2016 at 7:33 am

The resources in Pokemon Go is only a problem if you live in certain areas. For example I live in the NYC area and there is a pokestop on every corner. I can go from zero pokeballs to 100 in an hour. I heard in rural areas it’s a much bigger problem.

• August 5, 2016 at 2:11 pm

That is a terribly charismatic duck! Hmmm…that gives me an idea.

• August 5, 2016 at 4:02 pm

My biggest gripe with the game is the horrible inventory where everything is the same color and looks the same. Put it in full fucking color so we can see what is a rotten apple and what is an important item.

• August 7, 2016 at 4:43 am

I read a good post about hunger/thirst systems and how most games get it wrong and I think it applies to this game, you can read it here: http://www.pcgamer.com/how-survival-games-get-hunger-and-thirst-wrong-and-how-to-fix-it/

• Paulballsftw

August 14, 2016 at 12:25 pm

I love a game with nice open world feel and nice graphics but doing things like you have to in real life kind of takes the fun out of games cause it’s adding time but not making the game. Just pretend you ate or slept already and you don’t get to actually see it. Games that take so long to play bore me so much I wouldn’t even want to play it. I sometimes feel like I want to skip eating and sleeping in real life but in real life you need to.