Joe & Mac (SNES) James & Mike Mondays

Mike Matei / July 25th, 2016

Joe & Mac (SNES) James & Mike Mondays Episode 169

• July 25, 2016 at 3:39 am

Oh, hell yeah! This game was the shiz back in the day. I still play it with my Niece. A couple answers to some stuff you guys mentioned:
    The guy that gets the most hits on the boss (you can tell from the green X’s below the character’s lives) gets the kiss from the cave-women.

You have a limited amount of Continues. I suspect that Mike didn’t hit the egg at all. Its just that when you run out of continues, it shows the “Continue?” screen, and then both eggs crack open and ya get game over.

• Don Skiver

July 25, 2016 at 6:35 am

Yup. What this guy said. I had this game as a kid and loved it. It was a great fun and funny 2 player co op game.

• Fred Fuchs

July 25, 2016 at 5:16 am

Lol, lucky for you I’m an expert in Caveman Ninja related enquiries. The arcade game is quite close to this but WAY harder, it has multiple paths, Mac throws axes instead of bones. You can hold down the attack button to throw a BIG bone or axe. It’s great.
    You didn’t hit the egg, you just ran out of continues lol.

• July 25, 2016 at 5:39 am

What happened to Doom – Inferno?

• y2j420

July 25, 2016 at 7:39 am

This game was Hell-a fun back in the day…way better than the Genesis version…

• July 25, 2016 at 9:39 am

To get that one up (and various other secrets) u ride the phteratactal back, and pressing up and jump does a high jump

• Glorious Gerbil

July 25, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Never played this game, but by looking at it here it looks like it has extreme stiff controls. Allso has problems with the look of it, i like the dinosaurs look when getting hit (funny!) but for some reason that i cant really put my finger on i dont get much of a hardon for the overrall look of it. Probably not a game for a gerbil

• frostare

July 25, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Watch out for the Bully Mammoth – It Never Forgets. Nah, that was a tank from Rocket Slime.

• July 25, 2016 at 9:11 pm

The girl kisses whoever has the most points. You kept mixing up your characters.

• Internoob

July 26, 2016 at 3:11 am

You didn’t hit the other egg. You ran out of continues, so immediately at the continue screen it just said Game Over.

• Vulch

July 26, 2016 at 7:00 am

Guys, you bring back great memories. I used to have a video game magazine back in mid 90s. And I’m from Russia and it’s all been not that popular. So I remember looking through it over and over. And Joe & Mac was in it. Also a cool pic of Predator. Anyway, one day I couldn’t find this magazine and realised it was thrown away. And later I got Joe and Mac on NES emulator and it didn’t look that colofull, so I thought – WTF? In childhood everything seemed so colorfull. Now, watching your video, I realise that in that magazine was a SNES version of that game. That gives me motivation to give that game another chance on SNES emulator.

• Vallie

July 26, 2016 at 7:32 am

I knew there must have been some farting involved.

• KingMike

July 26, 2016 at 2:08 pm

About the keys: there’s bonus rooms. Sometimes the red eggs will have a bird inside that flies you to bonus room. Those often have extra lives but will always have a key. But it doesn’t matter much since the keys only open bonus stages on the map anyways (where you collect things for like points or extra lives or something).

Also, for some reason just the Super Famicom version allows you to share lives in 2P mode.

For that 1Up that seems unreachable, you need to jump on the bird enemy and ride it.

• TheFreakMachine

July 27, 2016 at 4:49 pm

I remember this game from the arcade. i’ve lost so many coins in there!