Pokémon GO – Talk About Games

Mike Matei / July 14th, 2016

Mike and Ryan talk about Pokemon Go, the new hit game where you catch Pokemon in the real world!

(Sponsored) Get your own Gaming Loot Crate using our link http://www.lootcrate.com/Cinemassacre
Also, use coupon code Cinemassacre for 10% off next months crate which is Arena.
If you choose to purchase loot crate this is technically a sponsored video!

Comments

• TheRootman

July 14, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Happy hunting everyone! Good vid dudes, thank you

• July 14, 2016 at 2:19 pm

The amount of Pokemon you’re going to meet is based on cellular activity in the area. That’s why bigger cities, malls and downtown areas have more Pokemon than the smaller, suburban or rural areas and whatnot.

• TheFreakMachine

July 14, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Do you remeber the times when people told you to “go out and get a life”.
    This is a perfect way to go aoutside but still have no life. xD
    And cops laugh at you.

• TheFreakMachine

July 14, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Anyway, it will disappear in less than a year, i bet!

• July 16, 2016 at 11:07 pm

At least nerds get some fresh air and excercise.

• TheFreakMachine

July 14, 2016 at 3:25 pm

The Cop protected Gym! He’s the guardian of the gym!
    You attack the cop….you got to pokemon jail.

• xdeathknightx

July 14, 2016 at 3:53 pm

if you look at the box on the lower right that contains the pokemon near you, or if you have selected a single pokemon you want, turn the map around until there is like a blip. That means you are heading in the right direction.
    That being said I’d rather have an approximate area, just put down a circle of a couple of streets where it is roughly at. You still need to search a little but you don’t have to keep looking for the blip.
    And the blip also isn’t always reliable, but it is your best bet at the moment to get an idea of where they are.

• xdeathknightx

July 14, 2016 at 3:56 pm

And I agree with Mike and Ryan that they need to find ways to make it safer and more reliable. I like walking around with my phone just in my pocket, but as soon as I feel a rumble (if I even feel one) and look I have already passed the pokemon.
      And some people got robbed in a park not to far from me so if there were ways I don’t have to go to dodgy parks at night and still get pokemon that would be nice.

• July 14, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Maybe they could introduce an element where trainers can replicate pokemon and place them in different locations. Kinda like geocashing.

• Fangy

July 14, 2016 at 9:22 pm

My wife and I, both 32, grew up with Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. This game is practically a dream come true. There’s so many interesting and awesome sociological aspects to this phenomena. Four days in a row we drove to our nearest “hub of activity” in Ellicott City, Maryland, and we’ve had a blast. Countless people walking around, all races/ages/religions/etc., striking up conversations with perfect strangers, all who share this common interest.

People who would maybe never leave their home, who have social anxieties, are insecure or shy; they’re out walking, exercising, and interacting with other people. It’s a great, great thing, and in my 28+ years of gaming, I’ve never seen anything like it, and I am incredibly excited.

• bud

July 15, 2016 at 8:13 am

I’m guessing you have to be a big fan in order for you to get over your social phobias. I wouldn’t conquer it for this game. Maybe if they made an Indiana Jones augmented reality, I’d probably be all over it.

• July 14, 2016 at 11:17 pm

Mike said he’s never heard of anything like this. It isn’t a new concept. Just wanted to point that out. But kudos to Nintendo/Pokemon Company/Niantic for such huge success.

• Browntown

July 15, 2016 at 2:48 am

This has been an amazing way to interact with other gamers. I have a Pokemon gym in the center of my condo complex containing 5 buildings and the gym changes hands at all times of the day with people running down there to fight.

• July 15, 2016 at 5:22 am

wasting fossil fuels to get something virtual is rly dump – reminds me on Zombies searching fpr brains

• Keith S

July 15, 2016 at 5:27 am

Looks an interesting game!
    It’s still not out in Japan, you know, looking forward to it coming out over here so I can give it a go.

• bud

July 15, 2016 at 7:57 am

This is actually the f1rst time I’ve heard of this. That’s how out of touch I am.

This is kind of like geocaching, I guess. Meh to exercise and going outside. 😛 Although I agree augmented reality is the next great thing.

Never been a fan of Pokemon, nor ever watched the anime or played any of the games. The bright yellow font and Pikachu is not appealing to me at all. I’m probably alone here…

• bud

July 15, 2016 at 8:07 am

Let me also say that not knowing anything about this game, and hearing you guys geek out, I was really confused about all the details. What the fuck are all these gyms you’re talking about? God damn, I feel like an old man.

• July 15, 2016 at 12:41 pm

lol google is a cia front company and pokemon go is just a spy app for them

• July 15, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Its spyware enjoy.

• July 15, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Being one of the extreme few people who just doesn’t have a Smartphone, I doubt I’ll understand how Pokemon GO works or how it’s so popular. I’ll stick with real Pokemon on my Nintendo 3DS.

• bud

July 15, 2016 at 5:43 pm

From TheWrap:
    “Pokémon GO was only released last week, but it has already been involved in the stabbings of two men, one in Oregon the other in Anaheim, California. It is also implicated in a car wreck, the fall of two men off a cliff and the discovery of two other dead bodies, one in New Hampshire and another in Wyoming. The game is also credited with helping two marines catch an attempted murder suspect.”

I doubt this is the last we’ll hear of accidents associated with this game…

• Tross

July 16, 2016 at 3:19 am

Pokemon is known for its deep combat system? Maybe I’ve just played too many JRPGs but I’m going to have to strongly disagree about that. The catching ’em all aspect does still hold up, mind you. I might be willing to give this app a try when it comes to Canada. I’m not nearly obsessed enough that I can’t wait for the official release, but when that happens I might give it a shot.

• Matt Casey

July 16, 2016 at 6:35 am

i personally don”t like to see people always on their phones when they’re outside. They should be enjoying the atmosphere.

• jasonjrf

July 16, 2016 at 1:48 pm

I bet you this is what they were talking about when they said the NX was a different way of playing games and that this on the cell phone under a non nintendo named company was a test. I bet NX will play a lot of games like this.

• deniii

July 16, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Not available on Windows Phone.
    But I’m not missing on anything since I just don’t like Pokemon games and this one is no different so at least, I have that going for me.

• Pablo1989

July 17, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Any chance for “Talk about games” upcoming Batman from Telltale games?

• bud

July 17, 2016 at 11:52 pm

I don’t know if Mike is into those story-based, point-and-click adventure style games. They’re my favorite type of games and I’d hate to hear him rip into them.

• July 18, 2016 at 10:13 am

You all were talking about do certain areas have more rare pokemon. Well I work at a church (which is a pokestop) and live next door. We are about 15 minutes outside of the nearest town. Only thing near us is the church and the graveyard. The graveyard I am told has some pretty specific pokemon of the dark/ghost types. I guess some are rare. I personally never got into pokemon or cared for it but my brother in law and some kids who live down the road ride their bikes here every day.

• July 18, 2016 at 10:45 am

My brother said it best, somebody is going to get run over playing this game. I prefer the 3DS Pokemon games anyway. I have yet to find a cellphone I actually like enough to want to bother.

• Erwinator

July 19, 2016 at 7:16 am

The centuries old graveyard in my street is apparently a Pokemongym now.XD

• Paulballsftw

August 1, 2016 at 8:59 pm

I would love to see a zombie game where they are all around and you have to kill them. lol Would be cool to see if they come toward you and you can shoot them.