Maze Craze (Atari 2600) Mike & Bootsy

Mike Matei / June 30th, 2016

Mike and Bootsy play Maze Craze for Atari 2600!

Comments

• Tross

June 30, 2016 at 2:35 am

That’s actually a pretty neat idea for a game because there’s more strategy to it than just speed. It may also be a concept that only works on a simple console like Atari.

• Don Skiver

June 30, 2016 at 6:33 am

You can almost use this game as an experiment on cooperation vs competition.

• June 30, 2016 at 7:17 am

“because the Atari ones always get the least amount of views and it breaks our hearts”

Really? The Atari episodes are some of my favorites! I hope you guys don’t stop doing them because of the lack of views. 🙁

• June 30, 2016 at 1:32 pm

I can imagine 3 year old Mike playing this game and saying, “FUCK!”

• June 30, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Mike, Bootsy and a good game. The console doesn´t really matter, it´s going to be superb entertainment.
    Thanks, guys! 🙂

• June 30, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Had this as a kid and played it all the time with my mother. I just picked up another copy last week when I was reminiscing all of the things we used to do when I was a kid before she passed. Great video, great game.

• July 1, 2016 at 3:42 am

great story. she played video games with her child. every parent doesn’t do that. it’s nice to have parents who engage in hobbies their kids like.

• Satnav

July 1, 2016 at 1:04 am

I think Atari videos tend to be viewed less because, let’s face it, with most 2600 games, when you’ve seen about a minute of gameplay that’s about all there is to it. Don’t let that discourage you guys–still fun to see you get so much out of such a simple game here.

• July 1, 2016 at 3:41 am

love the tmnt and ninja gaiden posters on the wall! games like these were simple and fun at a time when gaming was indeed simple

• The Wicker Man

July 1, 2016 at 10:44 am

Commodore 64 was THE greatest gaming system of the 80’s and had the greatest sound/music too! Anyone who’s listened to the C64 version of the soundtrack of The Last Ninja 2 can’t deny it!

• mike keith

July 4, 2016 at 8:18 am

OR the greatest Commodore game to ever be made, ‘Necromancer’, where the opening music was done by Devo!!!

“Somethings will never change”, freaking awesome music…..

• mike keith

July 4, 2016 at 7:23 pm

NeuroMancer, not Necromancer. Damn autocorrect!!! LOL.

• July 1, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Reply if you paused the video at the epilepsy warning and noticed the added sentence thanking you for viewing this episode “because the atari ones always get the least amount of views and it breaks our hearts”.

• olaf2022

July 2, 2016 at 1:26 pm

I appreciate that you guys insist on playing these games on an actual console (rather than on an emulator) for that authentic experience, but if you really want an authentic Atari experience, you should be using an Atari joystick in lieu of a Genesis gamepad!! Completely different feeling.

• mike keith

July 4, 2016 at 8:15 am

But most of those controllers are not functional. So at least they are using near period controllers from the 80’s instead of brand new ‘retro’ controllers.

• darxide

July 2, 2016 at 10:38 pm

You should play more paddle games. I liked Demons to Diamonds as a kid and of course, Warlord. Who doesn’t love Warlord? You can play that one 4-players simultaneously so you can make a party video of it.

• Anthony33

July 3, 2016 at 11:34 pm

I don’t know about you guys, but I always thought Atari 2600 boxes and carts had the best artwork.

• mike keith

July 4, 2016 at 8:11 am

Agreed Tony, I was about 6 when these were coming onto the market, and my grandparents bought me and my brother one. We of course had the Atari magazine that they sent out monthly, The one that had the famous contest. Well anyway the artwork in that magazine was just fantastic. Was like the same quality as those old VHS box art for Wizard and Warrior type movies back in the 80’s or films like Star Trek.

• Anthony33

July 3, 2016 at 11:46 pm

I also love how simple the gameplay and graphics were then, yet they were still a lot of fun.

• mike keith

July 4, 2016 at 8:06 am

Mike, can you please tell me what camera and mic setup you guys are using?
    Because your videos of late(like the last few years) have just looked fantastic. I can tell you guys aren’t using a boom mic. I would guess the mic is on the camera. I know in James’ set he has a boom mic. You can really tell the difference in the sound. But I just wanted to know if you guys have 2 cameras, or just keep moving one back and forth?