AVGN Auction… still going

James / June 15th, 2016

The AVGN Auction for charity (Shriners Hospitals for Children) went great last month! I’ve been planning to post some kind of followup, or update, but it was an extremely slow process waiting for all the payments to clear. One of the winning bidders, who won 5 items, did not pay. We tried contacting this bidder for a month, but have not been able to get in touch. We’re going to have to re-auction these items . This includes the Nerd van miniature, Prairie dog tunnel, ET building miniatures, Atari landfill set, and the Tank chair.

18_Nerd_Van-122_Tunnel-Prairie_Dog23_ET_Buildings61_Atari_LandfillTankchair
There will be another live auction at Sellersville, to sell these remaining items. Stand by for details.

UPDATE: The 2nd auction will be June 28 at 6pm EST. You can bid online here. (see lots 124 through 129)

The number we raised so far is $20,200, All of it goes to Shriners Hospitals for Children. I am scheduling an official check presentation at Shriners.

For now, see these pics. Sellersville had an awesome facility, and the auction ran very professionally. It was a great experience meeting fans, some who traveled far, and some who were Shriners patients.

IMG_1212IMG_1302IMG_1221IMG_1256IMG_1208 IMG_1188IMG_1271IMG_1262IMG_1213IMG_1173

For those who are new to it, see all details about the auction here.

Comments

• June 15, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Winning 5 bids in a charity auction, not paying, and staying completely out of touch. Ultimate dick move.

• bud

June 15, 2016 at 7:32 pm

If the highest bidder doesn’t pay up, doesn’t the next highest bidder win them?

• June 15, 2016 at 7:59 pm

I wish it was that simple. But it seems we have to re-auction them.

• y2j420

June 15, 2016 at 8:57 pm

James,

What’s the shipping process for those large items?

• June 16, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Winners have to pay shipping, or pick up at Sellersville auction house.

• Psychojaws

June 16, 2016 at 7:51 am

Wow, people really do suck. Who does that?

• June 16, 2016 at 8:59 am

Well hopefully nothing serious happened to the person, like an emergency or something.

• joliet_jane

June 16, 2016 at 11:28 pm

That’s actually pretty nice of you to say, I hadn’t thought of that.

• warwagon

June 17, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Or as I say when that happens to me, “They better me dead in a ditch somewhere”

• AbareKiller

June 16, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Shame they didn’t pay, but… alright, another shot at the vans! Was stoked to get the Pumps… really cool to get a couple of bonuses too (recognized the Hyde cape packaging, not sure about the significance of the teeth).

• June 16, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Yeah it was cool for me too to find those extra bonuses. Was the teeth the wind up kind? If so, it was from a deleted scene from the Nerd Vs. Batman fight. An ode to the 1989 film when Joker spits out the chattering teeth.

• Jam2944

June 16, 2016 at 9:11 pm

I am just curious what was the amount the prairie dog tunnel sold for? On eBay it says it sold for $110 and the Sellersville website doesn’t seem to be updated. I only ask because I had a $110 max bid on that item on the Sellersville website.

• joliet_jane

June 16, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Ohhh, WEAK! I bid on the van but lost. So I bid a lot on something else that I won (and PAID FOR). So now I don’t have the spare cash to bid on the van again! RRRrrrr 🙁

• Chris

June 17, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Umm, how many bloody machetes from the Friday the 13th game did/do you have? I won one about 5 years ago in an online eBay auction you did.

• June 20, 2016 at 9:41 am

The machete you have is the real one, from the Friday the 13th episode. (auctioned in like 2011, right?) The new auction is just for the jacket. The lot is advertising the jacket only.

What you must have seen a picture, is a new machete that I threw in the auction as a bonus. It has a bit of a history. I bought the new machete, because Jason Vorhees was going to come back in the Mega Man episode, to fight the Nerd, alongside Bugs Bunny. Then it turned out, there was so much going on in the video. It was too much. It would have never got done, without rushing it and making a sloppy video. So Jason was scrapped.

Afterwards, the new machete was used in the Paperboy episode. The grim reaper is holding it. (hard to see) So it has been used in an episode, just not the one you’d expect.

• Chris

June 23, 2016 at 7:21 am

Okay, cool! Thanks for clarifying that.

• Chris

June 23, 2016 at 7:22 am

Yeah, it was around 2011 or so.

• Don Skiver

June 18, 2016 at 7:40 pm

I wish I had the spare cash for some Nerd history and memorabilia…but I’m trying to save up for an engagement ring for my girlfriend and pay for repairs on my car… 🙁

• Chris Baugh

June 20, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Hey James,

Is it possible to find out what each item sold for? I’ve been really curious and the Sellersville website says “Price realized not uploaded”.

• TheFreakMachine

July 14, 2016 at 6:35 am

You’re doing a great job James. Best wishes to you, your family and everyone at shiners hospital.