DOOM (PC) Talk About Games

Mike Matei / June 7th, 2016

DOOM (PC) Mike & Ryan – Talk About Games

Comments

• June 7, 2016 at 6:39 pm

I think those crashes and freezes were due to faulty drivers from nVidia. Because I also had them in the beginning (1x980Ti), but as a later update arrived they disappeared. One thing I didn’t like with the game was when you switched from single player to multiplayer the pace slowed down quite a bit. A more fast paced MP would up the gameplay so much! All in all I do enjoy both SP and MP.

• ZombiDrew

June 7, 2016 at 8:07 pm

This game is awesome. I have it on Xbox One, and I like the campaign and multiplayer a lot. Don’t know why some web sites gave it a bad review…

• LuRkeR1978

June 7, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Ryan, what are your rig specs?

• Satnav

June 7, 2016 at 9:08 pm

When Ryan said ‘retro’, did he mean better than the retro Doom, or better than what Retro Studios did with Metroid Prime? πŸ˜‰

Anyway, I don’t see much point comparing it with the likes of Overwatch, which is very much a team-focused MP game, and as that, Overwatch is pretty fun and well-made. Doom is a single-focused (it has multi yeah, but as you guys saw it feels more of an afterthought) and is more about just shredding fuckers. πŸ˜‰

Wolfenstein The New Order is another recent FPS I really liked; it has some story-focused sequences that I’m not sure Mike would like, but both it and the Old Blood expansion had solid multi-approach gameplay and throwbacks to the original.

• An Heroic Hippo

June 7, 2016 at 9:29 pm

DOOM was so enjoyable! If you guys reviewed The Binding of Isaac I would be so happy

• June 7, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Ryan, your buttons man. Come on. Button your shirt properly or just don’t button it.

• June 7, 2016 at 11:33 pm

Well paced video, not too redundant. Good jobs thank you. I’m going to have to purchase this title as soon as possible.

• Programmer_Danny

June 7, 2016 at 11:48 pm

• June 8, 2016 at 1:40 am

Best Doom ever!

I’ve never crashed the PS4 version. I’ve played it through and got all Elite Guards, Field Drones, Rune Trials and Argent Cells.

• June 8, 2016 at 2:19 am

Star Trek was a reboot so its ok in that sense. The ghost busters thing well james said what is to be said.

• Don Skiver

June 8, 2016 at 6:35 am

Its about damn time that an FPS has a decent and awesome single player campaign and wasn’t just “filler”. All too often FPS games concentrate too much on the multiplayer and give you a half assed single player campaign.

• fonz man

June 8, 2016 at 7:43 am

The multiplayer beta was not meant to represent the game. It was meant to test the game-engine and prepare the server architecture for the full release of the game. Don’t forget: a BETA is not a DEMO!

• June 8, 2016 at 9:24 am

Does everyone have that flaming skull Halloween decoration?

• Slamraptor

June 8, 2016 at 12:54 pm

100% agree (: There is no way this Campaign could’ve been better.

• June 8, 2016 at 1:00 pm

The beginning of Skyrim was great and every minute an enjoyment.
    ThatΒ΄s all there is to say.

• June 8, 2016 at 2:03 pm

The game crashes occasionally on my XBOX One also, so it’s something with the engine.

I also run AMD hardware only, no i7s or nvidia garbage.

I’ll totally agree with Mike about Over(hype/priced)watch. It’s fun for maybe 15 minutes then boring as Hell.

DOOM SP/MP/snap have kept me busy every day for a solid month, and now I’m running Nightmare, Ultra Nightmare, still leveling up my MP guy.

• June 8, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Ryan! You should play Hard Reset with Mike! It’s also old school FPS. πŸ™‚

• Satnav

June 8, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Eh, honestly the fact that you’re mostly shooting angry garbage cans makes that one feel…limper.

• The Bad Doc

June 8, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Shadow Warrior 2013 beat them to the “Secret Retro Area” joke, but being an AA and not AAA game, did not unlock as much.

• Silithis

June 8, 2016 at 10:02 pm

my Fx8350 with 16gb ram, 2 samsung SSDs, radeon 7970 had no issues playing the game through at max settings. The lowest I dipped was in the 30s in areas with a lot of smoke and dust.
    I think the problems people complain about are Nvidia Issues.

• June 10, 2016 at 8:42 am

This Doom from my understanding is a reboot of the original. So I think that is why they did not call it Doom 4. I think the snap map feature of the multiplayer will make it not seem so bland

• adenton7

June 22, 2016 at 7:49 pm

yes i love the new doom and the classic doom games. you didnt mention snap map. snap map is incredible. so many people have made great co-op missions and solo missions in snap map.