Convention appearances, Magfest and Fan World

James / January 18th, 2016

I will be returning to Magfest this year, in National Harbor, Maryland, (near Washington DC), Februray 20th and 21st, 2016. See more details here.

Also during Magfest, the Board James: DreamPhone episode will screen to a live audience as part of the Games On Film festival. I love that it’s programmed under the “Late Night Grindhouse” portion of the festival. It’s the perfect way to see this episode that is responsible for spinning the series into madness.

I will also be making an international appearance at Fan World, Niagra Falls, August 27th and 28th, 2016. located on both sides of the border, connecting Canada and the United States. Make sure to check out up-to-date details on the Facebook page.

It’s always important to me, to set aside some time from video production to meet the fans in person. You make it real to me.  And for those around the world, with your cyber-embrace, you still make it real.

Comments

• Blue Wizard

January 18, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Awesome! Really looking forward to seeing you at Magfest, have a safe trip.

• January 18, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Seeing you at Fan World would be the best birthday gift ever!

• January 19, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Really wish you would randomly come out to the Chicago area for an event or something. There’s also an arcade near called Galloping Ghost. Has almost every arcade game u can think of (including Ninja Baseball Batman). Pay to get in, and have unlimited game play till 2am!

• KennyM

January 19, 2016 at 8:11 pm

anything in the philly area anytime soon?

• dragonchild

January 22, 2016 at 6:30 pm

“And for those around the world, with your cyber-embrace, you still make it real.”

Good. . . he’s falling for it, folks! Wait. I AM real! Where did I go wrong?!

• Psychojaws

January 26, 2016 at 10:36 pm

If you are fortunate enough to go to any of these conventions Mr. Rolfe is appearing, go! I was lucky enough to meet him in Syracuse, NY back in November at Retrogamecon. What a pleasure it was meeting him. One if the nicest, friendliest, stand-up guys I’ve ever met. He really cares about his fans. When I was getting ready to leave the convention with my family, my four-year-old daughter said she wanted to say goodbye to the Nerd. We walked back to his table but he wasn’t there. She was a little bummed about that, but, as luck would have it, I spotted Mr. Rolfe on line (for lunch, I guess). I approached him and he was nice enough to wave and say goodbye to my little girl even though he was taking a break. He didn’t have to do that. Thank you, Mr. Rolfe. Great guy! Hope to meet him again someday.

• Tanooki suit mario

January 29, 2016 at 1:14 pm

If you ever get the chance when you travel. Check out whirlyball in Chicago and duck pin bowling in Indianapolis. Whirlyball is played with bumper cars and duckpin bowling is bowling with short fat pins using a ski ball but bigger. Both of them are really fun.

• Ram Iyer

January 30, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Awesome! Just wondering, no Toomanygames?

• February 4, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Wish I could go, but I live in a “remote” part of the US. The Upper Peninsula of MI.

• February 5, 2016 at 4:13 pm

james and mike, you guys were at Chiller in jersey a couple years ago. please come back to chiller or monster mania! lol met you guys and got pics. would love to again. or even if you’re just there walking around let me know lol

• Fangy

March 1, 2016 at 5:15 pm

That 1000 panel with you and Bear was great. I hope you had a good time at Magfest. Hope you’ll be there next year as well.

• March 30, 2016 at 4:04 am

Hey James, any plans on going to RTX/SGC 2016 on Austin, Texas from July 1-3, 2016 (try bringing Mike and Bootsy)? I hope you do plan on going to that convention. Also, I don’t know much about your hard drive problem, but I will try to find some advice for you from my friends who own Macs and use big hard drives.