Shadow Complex (PC) Talk About Games

Mike Matei / December 31st, 2015

Talk About Games – Shadow Complex (PC)

Comments

• Satnav

December 31, 2015 at 1:02 am

Oh shit! You fight a Metal Gear? :p

To me, the environments here would be a little generic and drab, sort of like what Mike touched on–but Metroidvania gameplay is always nice.

• mike keith

December 31, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Um? Huh??? Where is a Metal Gear? nothing here looks anything more than a mech unit from robocop.

• January 1, 2016 at 2:04 pm

It definitely looked a Metal Gear. C’mon man, you think the “:P” didn’t give away that he knew it *wasn’t* an actual Metal Gear? Either you’re socially deficient or just a troll.

• December 31, 2015 at 1:25 am

I really like the Mike and Ryan videos – keep ’em coming!

I got Shadow Complex a few years ago for the 360 – and it’s cheap and well worth it. I like all genres from Dark Souls, to Halo and Resistance, to Ni No Kuni to Sina Mora to Bastion to Tomb Raider to Tokyo Jungle to everything else. My one requirement is that it has to be fun! I totally share Ryan’s enthusiasm for the game. It’s definitely one where setting takes a backseat to game play – it’s just a blast from start to finish!

• December 31, 2015 at 1:27 am

you guys should check out Bionic Commando, I picked it up at gamestop for under 3 smackers – total blast in the vein of lost planet, curious to hear your thoughts

• mike keith

December 31, 2015 at 7:30 pm

From 1988??? Why would you play that?

• January 1, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Because it’s a good game that many people, including myself, enjoyed? What does being from 1988 change about whether or not someone should play it?

• January 2, 2016 at 8:35 pm

No they released one in 2009 for the PS3 and 360 – look it up – while no masterpiece it’s fun with some nice graphics and under 3 bucks!

• December 31, 2015 at 5:33 am

I love Wrestlemania poster on the background. Wish I had one.

• ddt_Eagleeye

December 31, 2015 at 9:39 am

Thank you for posting these videos. They’re like game reviews hosted by Ryan with a little Q&A from Mike. Also have to mention, that I really appreciate Ryan’s elaborate explanation of different game concepts, also of games reviewed in the past. You can clearly see that he does his homework in preparation of the show.

• PsychoNerd

December 31, 2015 at 10:12 am

For anyone interested in this game, the remastered version is currently free on PC at Epic Games’s website. I’ve been having a lot of fun with it.

• Jedorian

January 3, 2016 at 2:48 pm

I picked up this game after watching this video. Its fun. I completed it with 100% after about 9 hours of play, on normal. Some of the puzzles are a bit tricky. Not too sure about the replay value of this title, though.