Defender (Xbox 360) Mike & Bootsy

Mike Matei / December 26th, 2015

Defender (Xbox 360) Mike & Bootsy

Comments

• Ace

December 26, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Think the average game of Defender was about one minute of play for your quarter back in the day, super tough learning curve but those who practiced enough to get good were Lords of the Arcade

• BrandeX

December 27, 2015 at 8:02 am

No need to be only an Xbox plebe to play this and the other games in the collection. This set has been released for just about every console, handheld, and computer systems since the 90s.

• Fred Fuchs

December 29, 2015 at 4:33 am

“STOP PLAYING ON CONSOLES I DON’T LIKE!!”

Shut the fuck up, manchild.

• Nick Diesel

December 26, 2015 at 11:24 pm

i’m not one to comment online but i want to say thanks for the years of entertainment guys

• Gippy

December 27, 2015 at 12:03 am

Looks hard but fun.

• troy2000me

December 27, 2015 at 9:51 pm

That’s what she said.

• barlitone

December 27, 2015 at 2:12 am

I believe you have both a warp and a bomb. The bomb blows up everything on the screen, and the warp puts you in some random spot, frequently one that is about to be co-occupied by an enemy. Humans that are captured and taken to the top of the screen become mutants and attack you, and if all the humans are kidnapped and none remain on the planet, it explodes and you have to fight waves of mutants and aliens. Survive that and the planet returns, I’m told, but that’s very hard to do.

• herbsuperb

December 27, 2015 at 2:33 am

This game used to aggravate me to no end. We had the version on TI-99 in the mid 80’s and it was one of those games that made me really angry. I’m sure my folks hated that. Captain Comic on DOS was another such game. Some games just really got under my skin. Really fun, but just had a knack for pissing me off.

• December 27, 2015 at 3:58 am

I love Defender! It’s one hell of a challenge too.

• December 27, 2015 at 7:09 am

“What the fuck is going on!” 😛

• ramo10

December 27, 2015 at 8:30 am

I own that arcade collection on my ps3, so its not xbox 360 exclusive.

• jasonjrf

December 27, 2015 at 10:57 am

It’s not an accuse. Mike the Xbox Controller’s Dpad is horrendous. I have a PS2, Xbox 360, and N64 Controller that all hook into my PC for emulators and I was playing Mame the other day and also Contra on NES Emu and Holy shit. I couldn’t play Contra with teh Xbox dpad. Just could NOT PLAY. It is way to soft. Plugged in the PS Controller and no issues. So don’t play any game that you use a dpad especially for movement with an XBOX controller they fucking blow ass with the D PAD

• Fred Fuchs

December 29, 2015 at 4:35 am

They released a new controller with a fixed D-pad but it’s hardly an improvement tbh.

• Bryce Neuner

December 27, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Great episode guys! Bootsy is great at grabbing guys, and Mike screaming for help at the end killed me! Happy Holidays everyone!

• Paulballsftw

December 27, 2015 at 5:36 pm

I commented on your other video that you did of the new Defenders video already but I have to say that when I was a kid this game for Atari was probably the game I was a natural with out of all games that I had. One day playing this game I was on a roll and I can remember just playing for hours and got so good that I wasn’t dying. I was going right through each level and got past level 99. After you get to that level it goes back to 0. I ended up playing longer only to realize it was so easy again so after 99 it goes back to level 1 and there is no ending. I was kind of proud of myself but at the same time I was like James and pissed that I spent hours for an game that didn’t even have an ending. I wish I took a picture of the score I had cause I might of had the highest ever. I now wonder if I was one of the only ones who ever beat it cause people think it was a hard game.

• Wayne

December 28, 2015 at 2:52 am

The controls take a while to get used to. For the arcade, the joystick was just for up and down. Then there were buttons for fire, smart bomb, hyperspace, thrust, and reverse. If all of the humans/astronauts are captured, the planet explodes, and you’ll have to defeat a huge wave of mutants… getting past this wave will restore the planet.

• December 29, 2015 at 7:53 pm

The WTF moment happens when all of your people are either killed or captured.

• December 30, 2015 at 10:42 am

hey mike hows your girlfriend feel about you wearing her shirts?

Is that a fucking snuggy?

• greedo

December 30, 2015 at 4:31 pm

This was one of my favorite games, growing up. TBH, didn’t really pay attention to the arcade game. Barely knew it existed. While this is certainly superior graphically, I still like the Atari 2600 version, better. At least they had cities in that one! 🙂

• January 2, 2016 at 11:58 am

It seriously looks fun. I find it pretty actually, everything flashes and moves swiftly

• Grandmasterp

January 4, 2016 at 9:54 am

That laser firing sound effect was awesome. Especially on the Atari 2600.

• January 19, 2016 at 8:13 am

If you guys would like to play a cool “update” of Defender, try “Strike Force,” a 1991 arcade title by Midway.