AVGN Bad Game Cover Art #8 – Action in New York (NES)

Mike Matei / December 8th, 2015

AVGN has an Advent Calendar of Ass! Step into the art gallery as we examine some of the worst video game cover artwork, each day until Christmas!

Today’s video..

AVGN Bad Game Cover Art #8 – Action in New York (NES)

Comments

• December 8, 2015 at 10:10 am

Interesting and entertaining at the same time – I wondered why this game never hit European stores, and now I know. 🙂

• Mike E

December 8, 2015 at 10:21 am

I’d be surprised if SOMEBODY hasn’t made a game called Shit at this point.
    Someone in Japan made a game called Bastard!! for the Super Famicom (yes, they not only named their game a cuss word, but they needed TWO exclamation points after it). Imagine a kid asking for that game in a store. 😀

• Vunjak

December 8, 2015 at 1:42 pm

That’s because it was based on a manga/anime called exactly ” bastard!!”

• Zces

December 8, 2015 at 10:22 am

haha! The robot dont care

• December 8, 2015 at 10:49 am

These little AVGN shorts are great! I can’t believe you managed to produce twenty-five of these on top of everything else you’ve put out this year.

• Allen Lucas

December 8, 2015 at 10:50 am

Maybe if the guy and the robot did a brofist like that guy in the Shatterhand cover…ah forget it! The cover is bogus!

• bud

December 8, 2015 at 11:15 am

Man, that is a terrible font. “Action in” looks like it was written in Arabic or something.

• gone with the vint

December 8, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Whoa, today is my birthday (dec. the 8th) – and there certainly is no better way to start your day with some fresh AVGN shit! Thank you for all the good work and for all those crazy ideas you are coming up with, for all those years of entertainment and this seasons christmas-special!

The cover art for ACTION IN NEW YORK really is the steaming turd on my birthdaycake, so thank you very much to everyone at cinemassacre and cheers to everyone out there!!

• Regal_Ace

December 8, 2015 at 12:45 pm

HAHA, that’s awesome. ‘He summoned the lightning’. And i I like that rainbow armadillo at the bottom

• December 8, 2015 at 1:34 pm

This time I must say I love the box art.

• Schizima

December 8, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Did you ever hear that song about the scatman? Man, it takes on a whole new meaning after watching this.

• Grandmasterp

December 8, 2015 at 5:39 pm

The “artists” that did this are probably like, ” Merry fucking X-mas to you too!”, for exposing their shitty cover arts.

• December 8, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Action in New York/SCAT are actually good games. I recommend playing them, despite the crappy AINY box art.

• frostare

December 8, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Hmmm why does The Nerd brings up this game only on Christmas? Does it have a plot like that of Die Hard?

• greedo

December 9, 2015 at 1:24 am

Another dull cover. It had a lot of potential, but it’s done in by the bland background. Speaking of which, what’s with that lightning? It looks like something some dull drawing some kid did on graph paper while he was bored in class.

And what’s with that face? The guy looks like he’s trying to be angry, but he can’t quite pull it off. It’s like he’s yelling for his mommy, or something.

• December 9, 2015 at 7:12 am

Trying a little hard with some of these videos. This cover art is fine.

• Mike E

December 9, 2015 at 10:44 am

Another thing I found just slightly amusing: if I remember, the two player characters in SCAT were based on Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sigourney Weaver, and even left their names in in the intro profiles (though I recall they changed their countries).
    They removed the names in the PAL version, I’m pretty sure.
    Yet isn’t Sigourney actually from New York? 😀