Making of Jekyll & Hyde Movie Trailer

James / December 1st, 2015

Go behind the scenes, and see the creative process of the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Movie Trailer.

See the trailer here.

Behind the scenes photos by Kyle Justin.

Comments

• Uncle Sporkums

December 1, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Wow, James! That was yet another fantastic look at your amazing, and backbreaking commitment to seeing your ideas on film! It paid off so well! I know exactly how it feels once I have a creative itch, regarding some manner of film project, it doesn’t go away, until I scratch it.

• December 1, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Thanks a lot!

• Uncle Sporkums

December 2, 2015 at 3:03 am

No, problem, man!

• Allen Lucas

December 1, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Keep up the great work!

• bud

December 1, 2015 at 8:36 pm

All your hard work paid off. It’s one of your greatest accomplishments to date. I’d love to see an “extended” version of the trailer sometime, with some of the deleted footage intact.

• Satnav

December 1, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Interesting stuff, James! You should consider putting up the alternate takes too. I also had no idea Kyle was a handyman too. Interesting that you guys got your own studio.

• JayRam

December 1, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Cannot load M3U8:
    crossdomain access denied

That’s the message I receive when I press the play button. What in the hell does that mean?

• Maoji Wang

December 2, 2015 at 3:31 am

Take it easy. I can’t watch many of the videos in this site, only because I am in mainland China and we have the great fire wall.

• Maoji Wang

December 1, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Having a chance to do what we actually like is great. And we all know you work very hard for it. I think I’d work hard for mine too, which is to be an actual science guy. Yeah, I’d be Dr Jekyll!

• erik37

December 1, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Great job James way to cool man.

• greedo

December 1, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Wow! Amazing how much work went into one little video! Great to see how much time and attention you put into your videos. And they just keep getting better and better. Well done!

• Chris Redfield

December 1, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Thank you so much for the behind the scenes video, James. I’ve been pursuing a career in filming for years and am studying digital media in college right now. I am wanting to make some short films for a while, but many complications keep coming. I also want to work on other people’s projects too when possible to not only gain more experience, but to branch out and meet more filmakers too. Watching this video was very interesting, much like your Making of an AVGN Episode (my favorite AVGN video). Please email me sometime, I’d like to chat when you have time. Thanks!

• Weldin Dunn

December 1, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Wow. You… are good at… that. You and the crew did hours upon hours of work for a joke only Cinemassacrites (term for cinemassacre fans I just made up) will understand. You sir, are a fan pleaser.

• Weldin Dunn

December 1, 2015 at 9:43 pm

Also, what camera is that? I’d like to know!

• December 2, 2015 at 10:01 am

Hi, it’s a Panasonic AF100

• CartridgeGamer

December 1, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Thank you for this!!

• Psychojaws

December 2, 2015 at 5:40 am

Mr. Rolfe, your dedication and passion for what you do is awe inspiring and just plain inspiring. I think your “behind the scenes” videos are great. It’s comforting to know there are people of my generation (us 80’s kids) doing what they love and doing it so well. Please, keep up the good work.

• Pablo1989

December 2, 2015 at 7:26 am

Once again great work 🙂
    I not request but funny to saw live action version of Firday 13 NES game with purple wearing Jason Voorhees.

• Schizima

December 2, 2015 at 9:08 am

Creative people know that these insane levels of dedication ultimately only make sense to them. It’s pretty amazing that you’ve taken something as simple as a feeling of childhood disappointment over a video game and turned it into over a decade of film material. You’re definitely the Roger Corman of web videos. Hell, who else would build a nook into a bar set to film something like this? The level of dedication and effort required to do something so silly is incredible.

• December 2, 2015 at 9:13 am

Always wonderful to see these kind of vids, James 🙂 you work like no one else and I’m SO glad you looked like you had fun doing this. Keep it up, man.

• December 2, 2015 at 10:52 am

It was a great trailer. Funny, epic and weird.

I LOL when i saw the guys at the bar talking about Jekyl

for dois such a great work

• Mr_Nabby

December 2, 2015 at 11:27 am

Awesome work James! I’m really exited for what you have planned in the same kind of style. You live for making ’em, and we love watching ’em.

• December 2, 2015 at 11:33 am

That was terrific! Thanks so much for making this behind the scenes video. The creativity on display here is amazing.

• diegowar

December 2, 2015 at 11:59 am

I loved watching this making of, thanks for putting it together, hearing about the “why” and the “how” is always interesting in passion projects. Awesome stuff.

• Grandmasterp

December 2, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Great vision James. Thanks for the behind the scenes look at your world. It looks like cinnemassacre is going strong and will be for a long time.

• December 3, 2015 at 5:37 am

Ahh.. Fantastic. You’re making me want to make silly shorts and skits again!

• mandm

December 3, 2015 at 6:15 pm

In this Trailer I saw more creativity than in the whole AVGN-Movie. Pretty good!

• December 4, 2015 at 9:58 pm

keep drinking real beers to make the show awesome like you did to begin with. Its a big part of what made the show awesome.

• December 6, 2015 at 2:17 am

Be proud of yourself and your crew. You did a fantastic job on this, James. You killed it 🙂

• adam loewen

December 6, 2015 at 5:11 am

That’s so awesome how you made the tiny background! Man, that’s cool! I love these new ideas you’re coming up with to keep Cinemassacre fresh! Always new ideas with James!

• Joseph Muhleisen

December 8, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Great Job James, Cant ever get enough of you guys. You help inspire me as well.

• No Username

December 11, 2015 at 7:13 am

aw man that sucks this one isnt going into an actual movie lol. its left quite a mark on you

• skwij

December 15, 2015 at 5:59 am

This is nothing shy of amazing… Thank you for all your hard work and efforts, James. They always pay off!

• December 16, 2015 at 9:14 am

I really like your work, but do we really need another, How does James make his movies show? Other than that, keep up the good work.

• Ben_from_G-town

September 25, 2016 at 4:35 am

Wow, I never knew you went to so much trouble to match all those details from the game. That’s awesome!