Passion projects

James / November 8th, 2015

I just wanted to say I’m very excited about two upcoming videos. They have a bit more cinematic production quality than my typical web videos.

1) A fun little project, due by end of November. I am putting the finishing touches on it now. I might even show a sneak peak, this coming weekend at RetroGameCon, even though it’s not 100% complete yet. It’s a funny idea I’ve had in mind, even back when I was busy with the AVGN Movie. Even though it’s a shorter video, it’s been in the works for a long time. I actually shot a scene for it as early as last December 2014. The majority of it was shot this past summer 2015, and since then, I’ve been editing visual/audio. The reason it’s taking so long is because I’ve been taking several breaks to work on all the other stuff (AVGN, Board James, Monster Madness). I’ve kept it secret all this time, so the joke will pay off best. I can’t wait for you all to see it.

2) The Board James season finale, due early December. For the time being, this is the final episode that is planned, so I’m going out with a big one. At the beginning of 2015, I plotted out 8 episodes with continuity between them. This is the last of those. Of course there could possibly be more episodes in the future. Just like how after the DreamPhone episode, there was a long break as I shifted focus to AVGN and other things. This might be the most ambitious web video I have ever done. I have been spending every waking hour on it. And if you count the total running time of all the 2015 Board James episodes, it’s almost as if I’ve made an entire feature film in a single year.

And of course, after both these projects are done, I will begin working on an AVGN episode.

-James

Comments

• Uncle Sporkums

November 8, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Best of luck, James!

• Uncle Sporkums

November 8, 2015 at 3:57 pm

I guess my previous comment was too long, but I’ll express it quicker here. I’m glad to hear that you’ve been able to work on more projects that you’ve been passionate about. Your latest Board James storyline really shows it.

• Dylan Spallin

November 8, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Can’t wait to see both of these! Especially how Board James ends!!

• Shannon Gold

November 8, 2015 at 4:11 pm

As always, I look forward to what you have to offer. I’ve been a fan since 2011 (I know recently new) but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all that you guys do here on Cinemassacre and I wish you guys all the best.

PS: no rush to do, but are you and mrs nerd planning more audio slaughter podcasts? I understand that it’s probably pretty hectic but I was just wondering if that was a continuing thing.

Thanks again for all that you do!

• Bryce Neuner

November 8, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Very excited to see these. Mike mentioned some big videos to appear in the near future after his recent live streams. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us fans. Thanks James!

• nintendosegaguy

November 8, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Board James is a great show! All of the content on this website is great. I can’t wait to see your new project.

• Allen Lucas

November 8, 2015 at 5:13 pm

RIP Gunnar ‘Leatherface’ Hansen

• Nicholas Demos

November 8, 2015 at 6:37 pm

James, I hope you actually read some of these comments sometimes.
    I just wanted to say that I’m a big fan of your work. And as a fellow film maker I can appreciate the effort and yes, sometimes even sacrifices you have to make to be able to do some of these.
    With that being said, I feel like something is missing on your AVGN videos for some time now.
    If you compare the newer ones with say, the ones about Freddy Krueger, Jason Vorhees or hell, even Bugs Bunny! it doesn’t take a genius to realize that they’re different. And I’m not talking about the props, FX, video quality or anything like that which are all welcomed improvements. I’m talking about timing, slapstick, framing, dialog. Basic stuff. In short: Even though your newer videos look and feel more polished and professional. the old ones were better/funnier. And somehow, I dunno. They feel like, more “lovingly” made. If that makes any sense…
    Please, if you do read these comments take mine into consideration and keep pumping these out. We love ’em!

PS: Board James appears to have taken all the AVGN love… which is not a bad thing at all. But would love to see the same passion on some AVGN instead of just reviewing a game sitting in front of the TV. And that’s that.

• November 8, 2015 at 7:12 pm

I can’t wait! Thank you so much for all your hard work.

• bith the black

November 8, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Can’t wait. Thank you for all your hard work and brining some joy into our lives

• November 8, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Gyeah!

• November 8, 2015 at 10:12 pm

:))))))

• November 8, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Man! i can’t wait to see the Project 1, it’s like going back to classic Cinemassacre ! Great, Cinemassacre is a very important part of my life and to see that you guys are makeing a new short (fun) project is really nice, best of Luck.

• King L.

November 8, 2015 at 11:35 pm

Very excited about all this shit.Hoping to see the fruit of your labor!

• joliet_jane

November 8, 2015 at 11:55 pm

HHGGGGGNNNNN this sounds so gooood

• itscmillertime

November 9, 2015 at 2:55 am

If there is another season of board James, I hope to ditch the continuity and go back to just goofy 90s commercial style videos. This season was nice but back to basics was funnier for me at least!

• Don Skiver

November 9, 2015 at 6:05 am

Alright…now you’ve got us salivating. I can’t fucking wait to see ANY of these videos!!

• diegowar

November 9, 2015 at 8:02 am

Thanks for all the work you put into your videos James, it’s very much appreciated. A lot of video channels on Youtube when they hit big just ride on the success and make low quality videos that will generate tons of clicks, but Cinemassacre still continues to produce tons of high-value content, and I’m so glad to hear you’re still excited to make it. So again, thanks !

• DavySprocket

November 9, 2015 at 9:57 am

Looking forward to it, James. Keep up the awesome work!

• Entrenaturaleza

November 9, 2015 at 2:37 pm

HYPE

• November 9, 2015 at 11:44 pm

Awesome man, can’t wait.

• November 9, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Calling it now. Munky Cheez live action.

• meinerHeld

November 10, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Exciting…

• Clayton Dafoe

November 10, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Sounds awesome James! I can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store, I check everyday to make sure I haven’t missed anything! Have fun at RetroGameCon, hope its a blast \m/

• November 11, 2015 at 10:53 am

So this year you were living like a windrammer

• commonlegacy

November 11, 2015 at 11:02 am

Awesome! Cant wait to see you at RetroGameCon this weekend! I hope you do decide to show a preview of your super secret project there, but if you dont, its still really cool of you to come out again this year.

• November 11, 2015 at 2:39 pm

You’re the man, James! With all of your talent, you continue to only get better. Never stop, ignore the losers, and always be moving forward!

• Trevor

November 18, 2015 at 1:01 am

You rock, man! I’ve watched your stuff for 8 years and to this day can’t resist watching your new productions the day they release. I’m so thrilled you’re still putting so much effort into all these fantastic projects, AVGN is something I’ve grown up with; I truly will be saddened when you decide it’s time for the last episode to be aired.

Point of this brick is, you’ve impacted my life in a truly joyous way, I couldn’t count the amount of times I’ve just relaxed to some quality, classic AVGN. Thanks James, and you too Mike, I can’t wait to see what your future films will hold.