Cast Interviews – AVGN Movie

Mike Matei / September 29th, 2015

Meet the cast from Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie. This is one of the many mini-documentaries on the Blu-ray, introducing all the main characters from the film, besides the Nerd.

See the movie here:

BLU-RAY (Amazon)

DVD (Amazon)

VIMEO

GOG

STEAM

YOUTUBE ON DEMAND

Comments

• Vernon Schaal

September 29, 2015 at 10:36 pm

This movie was ass! I rather eat buffalo shit. Should I use your slogans? No I’m not joking, this movie was terrible. It wasn’t funny, at any time i the movie. I got seriously bored after 20 minutes, and forced myself to continue watching just because it was AVGN. But it just continued to get worse. The special effects were garbage, the actors sucked, the sets were cheap, yet you raised over 300k. Your movie is estimated at around 68k – 70k lol. We all know where the rest of the money went, into your pocket. I just wanted to comment, I don’t want to listen to watch some horrible no name actors have to say. Stick with the review of video game, your movie career is at least a wash on this website. Who the hell is gonna buy your movie outside of dedicated fans? No one!

• September 30, 2015 at 1:11 am

i don’t want to sound like a butt-hurt AVGN fan LOL, i agree with some of your points but you don’t really got the cheap special effects well it represents B movies and also the way James did his old films, i have to agree that some jokes where kinda forced, but the movie was not bad,it was a creative movie it felt more like ”Cinemassacre the movie” with monsters aliens nerds and video games i think it can become a Cult classic i think that Mike and-or Kile Justin had more time on screen

• Nadirion

September 30, 2015 at 1:48 am

I agree with Yeti. The movie was fun, entertaining, and creative even if a lot of the jokes fell flat. The not-so-great humor was honestly the only problem I had with it – that and the fact that the Nerd just didn’t seem like the Nerd we’ve gotten used to (he just wasn’t pissed off/cynical enough). I actually liked the plot, characters, effects, settings, etc. It was a pretty ambitious endeavor.

• itscmillertime

September 30, 2015 at 6:26 am

How did you come up with your estimate? That alone is about how much he he to pay in taxes!

• fickdich fickdich

September 30, 2015 at 9:21 am

It’s sad but i got to agree at pretty much everything you say. I know that this movie has a “low budget”. But i still expected more. I was really disapointed when i saw the movie. And i don’t want to be mean but i really had to force myself to watch it, i even needed several breaks when watching it and trust me i watched a lot of bad movies in my life and never needed a break before.
      I guess the movie was “too late” because AVGN in general lost some of its magic and of its charm. And you can see that it the episodes as well many jokes are forced and used up already. Board-James is way more fun to watch

• The Faceman

October 1, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Tell me about it. I rode on a bus/train for 10 hours to catch the Manhattan premiere. My little brother fell asleep in the theatre. Pretty disappointing.

• September 30, 2015 at 2:09 pm

I hope you get prostate cancer. You’re far off on everything. You don’t have any budget understanding and to even say the words no name actors gives me the idea that you just need a really good boot to the teeth. I hope the next time you shit, your asshole falls out.

• Dan021

September 30, 2015 at 5:33 pm

troll here, keep moving.

• September 29, 2015 at 10:54 pm

Even if I have the DVD, it’s always nice to see a bonus feature again 😀

• Mac Tonight

September 29, 2015 at 11:24 pm

I think my biggest problems with the AVGN movie were it was way too long for what it was and James seemed to come across as being bored in most of the scenes, maybe he was tired from shooting or something? Also it seemed like the movie didn’t focus enough on the nerd, I mean who cared about any of the other characters in the movie? Is it the worst movie ever? No, but if you are a fan of the nerd you can’t help feel the movie should’ve been a whole lot better. Whenever I think of the movie I can barely remember it, which just shows how bland it was. Hopefully James can do a sequel that truly does the nerd justice.

• MetalHorrorNES

September 30, 2015 at 1:10 pm

This^

• September 30, 2015 at 2:13 pm

No one cares what your problems are. Become a recognized film critic or producer. Why do these bitches feel the need to be here? Don’t like it? Don’t click the link you twat! Free troll beatings in Massachusetts for anyone that wants to stop by!

• jasonjrf

September 30, 2015 at 4:02 am

Hey man I really appreciate all the effort you guys put into this site and the movie you made and everything you do. Have you ever thought about making a sequel? I’m sure you could get it funded again. Also have you thought about doing a different movie? Do you have an idea for another movie? I mean you should give it another go man the AVGN movie was awesome. Obviously it wasn’t a master piece or even a good movie in many ways but it was perfect in it’s own way.

• itscmillertime

September 30, 2015 at 6:26 am

Ok I loved the movie. Saw it in theatres and laughed like mad. Bought the blue ray, still funny. People who don’t like it just may not get that kind of humor and would rather just watch a 2 hour review. Now that would have been boring! I thought the cast did an excellent job. Would love to see more of cooper. The gag where he would fall off the mountain or out the window cracked me up. Reminded me of repair man from All that. It’s a shame how vocal the few are who didn’t like it.

• Nadirion

September 30, 2015 at 7:07 pm

I’d honestly like to see more of all the characters from the movie. 🙂

• Mac Tonight

September 30, 2015 at 9:40 am

I would love to see a co-funded movie with Pat the nes punk. It could be about the nerd and pat traveling across the country to compete in a gaming competition to win some rare nes game. Along the way all kinds of things go wrong ala national lampoons vacation. Pat could bring an Nes and some games that they play along the way, like when there in a hotel and it could switch to a classic nerd review style. At the end pat could go into a nerd style rant about one the games. Also you could have James and pat dress up as characters they meet along the way ala coming to America where Eddie Murphy and Arsenio hall would play multiple characters.

• mandm

September 30, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I really like the AVGN- and Board James-Episodes, both concepts have something unique. But the AVGN-Movie hasn’t. I already had bad expectations after the trailer, but i was still interested to see it to make my own opinion. It was not so bad that it was good somehow, as it applies to a lot of Trash-Movies, it’s simply boring. I felt asleep several times and needed to rewind, so it was really work to reach the credits. Obviously this movie is made for fans, but apart from fans that like everything without questioning, i cannot imagine that anyone wanted to see random-characters that are placed in an uninspired scripted story full of worn out moments. The only feeling i got was beeing embarassed, especially because of the self-praising way the Nerd is shown with the peak moment when he spits on the game and the fan considers it as something sacred. I haven’t seen any creative allusions or creativity at all, just a movie with an arrogant tone that was too long and a complete lack of passion.

• itscmillertime

September 30, 2015 at 1:39 pm

I think that’s a bit harsh. Do you remember how much time was spent making this movie? Lack of passion? That’s quite disrespectful. I showed this movie to my fiancée (who for the record does not enjoy the web episodes) and she was laughing her butt off the entire time. I have no idea how you found it boring. It was constant action!

• mandm

September 30, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Of course I respect the amount of time and effort that was put into this movie. But since I expected a lot, I needed to write my opinion. And I’m just disappointed about the result. But I can differentiate my critic a bit more. I saw passion in the special effects: to me it seemed like someone who always wanted to make a big movie to experiment with the possibilities of effects. But i didn’t saw any passion in the way the movie is told or the elaboration of the characters. I love movies, I love video games, and, as I wrote, I also like the AVGN-Episodes. I thought this would be good mixed all together. But the movie went another way with new (flat) characters and standard-jokes that are not funny anymore when you saw them in 100 movies before (Puking-scenes I never considered as funny though). The story/characters couldn’t captivate me, and even the Nerd annoyed me because of his god-like presentation as I said. So the movie is lost for me. But in the end it’s of course a matter of taste.

• Dan021

September 30, 2015 at 5:36 pm

The hype was the main problem, I went in there with no expectation and it was a blast to see a feature film from James & co.

• Nadirion

September 30, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Yeah I think there was too much hype, and people maybe were expecting simply a longer game review or something. I agree that it didn’t feel a whole lot like AVGN, but it was a full-length movie, so I think it had to be different. And I’m glad he tried something totally new anyway.

• September 30, 2015 at 4:03 pm

The movie is excellent, you can be proud of yourselves!
    I downloaded it, as soon as it was available and still enjoy watching it.
    Great work and effort! 🙂

• October 1, 2015 at 3:11 am

I personally couldn’t sit through the movie. AVGN is made for 10 min skits, not movies. I love Tim and Eric but, it’s the same thing, not so good in this format.

This behind the scenes makes me want to try again, I love the love of other film makers. It’s addictive. I’ll try your movie again, Jame, but just try and make a movie without AVGN is all.

In the end, we’re here for you and will keep encouraging you. You’re totally worth it.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:07 am

The cast is over pretentious, and the fans are heavily in denial. And if you dislike the movie, and have legitimate reasons to, you’re a troll.

• Legato32x

October 7, 2015 at 2:45 am

I think one of the big problems with the movie was that it introduced a lot of characters and elements that were unfamiliar to the Nerd canon. I think all the characters would work well in some form in nerd episodes and what not but having them all forced onto you at once in this movie is a bit hard to digest. That, and for some reason the nerd working at gamestop seemed rather weird. I mean he plays a lot of old games so seeing him selling modern stuff feels off. The only other problem was that some of the special effects were just too noticeable. You can’t expect everything to blend in all the time but it broke the immersion many times for me.

In any case, it does have a lot of merits and was worth the money and the travelling to see it. It made some nice memories but it’s not a movie you can share with someone who isn’t a nerd fan. At the very least, James achieved his dream regardless of what reviews say so I think that’s badass. Good on ya man for at least trying and chasing those dreams. If you’re happy with it then that’s all that matters man. 🙂

• DrWho198

October 7, 2015 at 8:48 pm

I’m Always honest in my opinions. I think people who complain expected a normal Hollywood movie. Instead they got a cult movie with a lot of parody shots. I was honestly afraid for the result. But I loved it after I got used to it. And the acting? It was perfect! The actors got the feel of the movie and translated it well. And I’m sure some of them could play blockbusters too. They would just adapt like a good actor does.

• BMPUNK

October 9, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Movie was awsome. Don’t listen to the losers that have no life, and couldn’t even make a movie if they tried. Shows you who your real fans are.

• October 12, 2015 at 7:07 am

The Boss…. He gotta be the best character I’ve seen in a long while. Laughed my ass off watching him scream at the Nerd. He deserved a lot more time on screen.

• mandm

October 12, 2015 at 12:51 pm

How diferent the taste can be…I found that boss really annoying. Although I think that whole scenerey is a missed opportunity to tell more about the background of the Nerd.

I worked as a Video-Editor/Composer and have also a lot of experience in cinematography as well as contact to writers and directors. I wouldn’t dare to say bad stuff if I hadn’t any idea in that field. I think that everyone who realizes a creative project is interested in constructive feedback. I admit that my feedback was a bit harsh, but I really couldn’t get out anything of that movie. With that self-regarding tone, that is also present in other videos on this site sometimes, it put me directly in a critical point of view.

The praising and criticizing on this site in general reminds me always of discussions in the field of Video Games: it feels like the people just know black and white. Either they’re kind of married with something or they hate it with all they have. In both ways there is no other opinion accepted.