Another Board James Fan Analysis

James / August 3rd, 2015

Here’s another analysis of the Board James saga, which came after the Ouija episode, but before the Wacky Blasters episode. (New episode tomorrow)

_______

Being a fan of AVGN and Board James, I watch the latest Board James video, and did a quick analysis on the entire video. That being said, I have a theory on what happened at the end of BJ (haha BJ), and think I might of figured out what happened to him. You may be asking yourself: Why am I telling you the theory? Well, I figured since you love it when fans give you a shout out and analyze your videos, I think it’s best to share with you what I believed happened to Board James.

So at the start of the video, Board James picks up the Ouija board, which in term can contact the dead. This of course will be used to contact Bootsy and Mike so he can finally see if he is truly innocent or not. However, the board doesn’t work, as seen when Board James starts getting frustrated and finally says fuck this, and plays Domino Rally. Now Domino Rally is of course a tough game to set up, and can be ruined if someone accidentally pushes one domino. This of course has Bootsy’s name written all over it, and his eye patch, of course, fucks up the game….not surprised when it comes to Bootsy hehe. Now, I do believe, however, that Bootsy didn’t toss his eye patch to the domino’s, but was rather a demon or spirit.

Around 1:50 or so when Board James is using the Ouija board, you can see a skull head near the shelves. This lead me to believe that something was wrong here. I believe Board James might have released a demonic soul. It is possible due to the Ouija board having a spirit of releasing souls and demons from the afterlife once contacted. So, with that information, I think a demon might have tricked Board James into believing it was Bootsy, so he could try a ritual to contact Bootsy. When Board James tries to contact Bootsy and Mike, he places candles, and cuts his wrist to complete the ritual. But his wrist bleeds a lot, thus having him pass out…or so we think he’s passed out. This will be explained near the end, I promise.

When Board James passes out, he dreams of the afterlife, but is greeted by two old nightmares: Mr. Bucket and Dream Phone. This is now his nightmare, because what’s worse than dreaming about a pink plastic killer phone, and a bucket that wants to suck your balls. That being said, Board James is then saved by Elvis, which happens to be Mike. They of course play a board game, and he soon wakes up, with Mike and Bootsy by his side. While in amazement that they’re back, you notice something wrong with them. Mike talks like Elvis, and Bootsy talks like Rodney Dangerfield. Suddenly, Board James quotes Edgar Allen Poe’s the Raven as Vincent Price. By now, I, along with the audience, have to be thinking “What the fuck happened to these guys?” Here’s where the wrist bleeding comes in.

When he passes out due to his wrists bleeding, he dreams of what caused him to be accused in the first place, along with his one and only true friends. But when he awakens, a bright light appears, and they’re all back in the living. Or so we think it’s the living. During his time in the afterlife, or dream world, or whatever you want to call it, his wrist are still bleeding. Unless medical attention is provided, the wrist will continue to bleed til you are dead. So, Board James is in fact dead, and his own personal heaven, his one true happiness is having Mike and Bootsy alive again. Aall he wanted was his friends, and he got them back, but not in the living. He got them back in the afterlife.

-Blake

Comments

• bud

August 3, 2015 at 4:17 pm

That’s an awesome theory, but I’m guessing the reason you posted that here is because it’s not correct? 😉

• Sokurah

August 3, 2015 at 8:22 pm

I doubt that James will ever dictate any “correct” explanation on Board James – he probably enjoys the fact that he can kind of toy with us, knowing that each of us has our own thoughts on it. That way the series has gotten a whole new aspect to it, and I’m sure that James will keep working that area instead of telling us why Mona Lisa smiles.

• Don Skiver

August 3, 2015 at 10:54 pm

Maybe Board James isn’t in heaven…or hell for that matter. Maybe he’s in purgatory or something like that…

And…coming soon… Board James, accompanied by another lost soul to “bear witness” to such an historic event, must go through all 9 circles of hell if he ever wants to get the souls of his two best friends back!

BOARD JAMES GOES TO HELL

Coming to a theater near you!

• August 4, 2015 at 4:21 am

Yeah, I’m just guessing that there is no real in-depth “story” behind everything. They are just enjoying the fact that people are reading into it this much. It gives them more coverage and it keeps people wondering. I believe that it was just a fun story and it’s meant to be seen “as is”. James is a big fan of horror and with horror comes supernatural activity (in many movies). The dream phone was just that: a dream phone ghost. Mr. Bucket was a Mr. Bucket ghost. There’s nothing more to report here. Relax on the “theories” folks 🙂

• King L.

August 4, 2015 at 6:36 am

So… BJ is dead. What would have explained the brief fade-out of Mike and Bootsy in Wacky Blasters?

• damon

August 6, 2015 at 2:18 am

Remember that this analysis was posted BEFORE that video was up.

• damon

August 6, 2015 at 2:19 am

So that’s why that part wasn’t mentioned.

• meinerHeld

August 6, 2015 at 7:46 pm

See Damon’s comment, but I believe that it may mean that James is on his deathbed but might come back to life!

• greedo

August 6, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Interesting analysis. For my part, I honestly believe that B. James is dead. I’m not going to go beyond that, though. A lot of people seem far more perceptive than I am, so I’m not going to offer my own analysis. (Haven’t seen the new one though, so don’t hate). 🙂

• ToadRoad

August 6, 2015 at 11:36 pm

By not providing answers, people will create their own. These theories are full of the most specious explanations.

• Mike Brown

August 13, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I think based on the newest information he is locked in a prison for the criminally insane. Or purgatory like another comment mentioned, that is possible.

• August 16, 2015 at 1:31 pm

I think he’s just been dreaming these last few episodes.
    He’s been dreaming. Dreaming since the dream phone.

• August 16, 2015 at 1:39 pm

-Splat. Splat. Splattin’ bugs is where it’s at!

-Tornado Wrex, ready for the ride! Tornado Wrex, you’ve got nowhere to hide! When the devil calls your name, you better fuckin’ abiiyiyiyide!

– Donut, Donut disaster. Trying very hard to make the donuts faster. Stack your donuts to the very top, till the top of the machine goes POP!

– Shark. SHARK! Shark attack. What are you going to do? It’s comin’, comin’, comin’ to get you!

I just fully realized how freakin’ amazing Booty’s jingles are. Definitely getting those off Bandcamp! Splat is my favourite jingle of all time.

• August 18, 2015 at 1:23 am

May not be the right answer to the mistery, but it’s a hell of a good perspective.

• August 18, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Now it wouldve just be so awesome if someone dug up the Lion Kings total ripoff .. for the #n64 DD <http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/04/emperor-of-the-jungle-junguru-taitei-kimba-n64-cancelled/

• August 18, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Or its famicom release} may be , someone has the game that was not meant to be ….

• August 20, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Okay. I think I got this thing down. I re-watched the entire series last night and made notes like a god-damned detective.

This underlying mystery puts the “Dream” in Dream Phone. Dream phone starts out like a somewhat normal episode. Everyone is acting like themselves and there’s nothing too out of the ordinary. That is until the Dream Phone starts talking to James. This part makes me think that the phone is actually supernatural, and is messing with James. But here’s the important factor that you might not have noticed. Shit doesn’t really hit the fan until James goes to bed, and decides to get back up when he can’t sleep.

Now we’ve all seen this trope a thousand times. Guy gets out of bed, and everything that happens afterwards is a dream. But what’s new here is that the dream is lasting many many episodes, to throw the viewer off even more. Right when James wakes up, he goes down stairs and the Twilight Zone poster is displayed to the viewer. Bootsy dead in the closet, Mike answering the phone without turning the light on (the only time ever), Mike dying, and every episode that has taken place since has all been part of James’ huge crazy dream. Your friends becoming Elvis and RodDan, people disappearing, being inside a sitcom show. These are all dream-like symptoms.

So the final question remains. What in the hell kind of dream is this? Well. The DREAM phone is supernatural, as seen before James went to sleep and began his dream. The Dream Phone has trapped James in a dream, likely until he is able to overcome some sort of hidden trial. Once he is able to escape the dream, it’s likely that Bootsy will have already made it to his house, and probably went and got Mike because James wouldn’t wake up. When James awakes he, Bootsy, and Mike will battle the Dream Phone. And it will be awesome.

That’s my theory.

• Sean Ewing

August 26, 2015 at 2:23 am

That’s my favorite theory so far!

• August 29, 2015 at 4:29 am

My hypothesis is that BJ is just plain nuts. Crazy people have all sorts of weird delusions that don’t make any sense. These delusions can make the impossible seem very real. Sometimes the delusion takes the form of something that the person yearns for deep down inside. Which is why no matter what happens he will always conjure bootsy and mike in his mind to help him cope with reality and make that yearning a reality. And that’s why they will always be playing board games as well. Because deep down inside his crazy little mind that’s all james really want to do. Play board games with his friends. And so his twisted mind finds a way to make it happen.

• Simon

September 12, 2015 at 5:29 am

Great opening theory, but does this mean this episode takes place “last” in the timeline, if BJ is in fact dead along with Mike and Bootsy?