Ronin (PC) Talk About Games

Mike Matei / July 16th, 2015

Let’s Play Ronin! Talk About Games

Discuss this episode on our official Reddit page!

Thanks to Zircon for the music!
Music by zircon (@zirconST)

Comments

• Fangy

July 16, 2015 at 6:04 pm

I’m really enjoying all these Indie game reviews and the various discussions that happen during. Great job, guys.

• Thifurious

July 16, 2015 at 6:29 pm

I love the frequency of these videos. It definitely gives people more reasons to check the website more frequently. Thanks Mike.

• BrandeX

July 17, 2015 at 6:56 am

Yea, that’s always been an issue with the site. Well developed sites like this tend to have a few new submissions per day. They should add in some other guests or something so they can have more content (and traffic) for Cinemassacre, Youtube, etc.

• BrandeX

July 17, 2015 at 6:56 am

Even some articles written by people would be some more content.

• MrBrrumpkins

July 17, 2015 at 12:32 pm

I think this site needs more James D. Rolfe.

• JayRam

July 17, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I’m all for more content, but what this site doesn’t need is to turn into Channel Awesome–that place is a clusterfuck of contributors, because it seems that just about anybody can post videos/articles/whatever.

• str8spaceball1

July 16, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Gonna kick back and relax, eat dinner and enjoy. Thanks guys!

• Moose Of Woe

July 16, 2015 at 7:04 pm

It definitely seems like the pace of content/videos on the site has gone up over the last week or two. Always nice to log on and see something new pop up.

• The Kaleidoscopic God

July 16, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Fun fact: Tom Francis, the guy who made Gunpoint, actually posted a video of him playing the alpha of Ronin several months back, in which he kept emphasizing that it wasn’t a ripoff (the title of the video itself did), noting how differently it did things and how interesting it was in its own right. Love that guy.

• Sigma779

July 16, 2015 at 8:57 pm

When Ryan said there were two games with time stopping mechanics, I thought for sure he’d mention Transistor. Game really does remind me of Gunpoint meets Transistor.

• AlgizOthila

August 3, 2015 at 11:43 am

I was kinda sad when he didn’t mention Transistor. Beautiful, beautiful game

• Braid

July 16, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Enjoying your show here, guys. Thank you for the good work.

And Mike, you guys have to try Hotline Miami next. I’m thinking it might be so your type of game- it’s a fast paced, addicting game with “kill whatever moves on the screen” type of mindless fun. Mind you it’s a bit hard, but watching you trying to clear a floor in that game could make another great episode.

• itscmillertime

July 16, 2015 at 9:29 pm

This reminds me of an awesome flash game that you should review called “unreal 3”. You wouldn’t believe how awesome a game it is. Multiple game modes, progression and killer music and it’s free and can be played in a game browser. If you haven’t played it, do it!

• July 17, 2015 at 3:28 am

Yup PC Master Race alright when there game are known to glitch heavily compared to Consoles, All you Pc Gamers out there just do What Hitler had done and just shoot yourselves just like what most PC peasants do.

• dah jabbah

July 17, 2015 at 3:53 am

Yeaah, you guys are pumping these out! Great vid!

y no dark souls, demon souls, bloodborne love?

• July 17, 2015 at 7:32 am

Love the videos! Can’t wait to see some more.

• AbsoluteDeicide

July 17, 2015 at 7:35 am

Random suggestion: The Cat Lady. It’s like a 2-D, paper cutout Silent Hill adventure game. Pretty awesome

• ToadRoad

July 17, 2015 at 9:06 pm

That looks sweet. I’m gonna check it out.

• UndoneJin

July 17, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Ryan, do you play MWO?

• July 17, 2015 at 10:27 pm

I played Mechwarrior Online a bit when it came out. The biggest thing that got me into MW3, MW2:Mercs, and Netmech was the NBT3068 community I played with. In the absence of a strong community tie for me, the game was super cool, but I didn’t play it with the dedication that I played the other titles.

• UndoneJin

July 21, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I can definitely understand where trying to play MWO solo is not the kind of experience you want to come back to over and over again. It has been slowly improving though, there’s quite a bit more to do than there used to be. I played MW2/3/4 religiously growing up so I was hoping for an actual campaign (like when MWO was originally announced as MW5), but alas, it wasn’t to be.

Either way though MWO is still a ton of fun, you should give it a try again (I could easily find you a team – I’ve been playing competitively with the same group of guys for 2 1/2 years and we as a team are in a pretty big coalition of other units, so I know a lot of people). Thanks for the response!

• synthfreek

July 17, 2015 at 5:26 pm

I’m surprised at Mike’s puzzled look when Braid is mentioned. If he hasn’t played it then he’s missing out. Incrediblely beautiful puzzle game that had me constantly scratching my head looking for a solution.

• Antony Pols

July 18, 2015 at 10:19 am

Nice one guys! Just stick to reviewing/talking about games you DO like. The Farming Sim vid was a bit pointless. Choosing a game to rag on and then not really play it like it’s supposed to, not really your schtick.

• Antony Pols

July 18, 2015 at 10:24 am

Oh, and by the way. A game that everyone likes of all ages: “TETRIS”.

• chris jackso

July 18, 2015 at 11:08 am

Hey Mike, idk if you read my previous comments but like i said before, Warcraft 3 CREATED the Tower Defense Genre. CREATED IT!!! SINGLE HANDEDLY. thats how much you missed out. research it.

• jasonjrf

July 19, 2015 at 11:08 am

Such a game that everyone likes does exist. It’s called Tetris

• Ryan Searle

July 19, 2015 at 9:02 pm

You should review Guacamelee Chanpions edition for the PS4 one of the most fun games I have played in a long time.

• Bryce Neuner

July 20, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Hey guys great vid. Ever play Rayman Origins or Rayman Legends? Sidescrolling Tricky Treasure levels and Boss fights have to be played perfectly or you die. You end up playing the same area over and over until you memorize all obstacles.

• frostare

July 21, 2015 at 1:26 am

9:17 I don’t think I like those kind of games either, and yet I still like Touhou… weird.

• Ben_from_G-town

July 22, 2015 at 4:12 am

This game looks interesting, though probably not for me. The discussion was good.

• AlgizOthila

August 3, 2015 at 11:40 am

Guys, you should probably learn the difference between ‘Bullet Time’ and ‘Time Manipulation’.