Interviews with Mike Matei

Mike Matei / May 18th, 2015

Check out these other interviews with Mike Matei from around the web! If you’d like to do a written interview with Mike Matei for your blog or website contact [email protected]

Mike

Talking to Retro Gaming Icon: Mike Matei Zelda Informer” (May 19th, 2016)

31FilmTalk interviews Mike Matei” (Feb 17nd, 2015)

UWM Post “Mike Matei: The Other Half of the Cinemassacre Duo” (Feb 2nd, 2015)

Talking Beer and Games with Mike Matei (Dec 19, 2014)

Robot Pajama’s interviews Mike Matei (Dec 16th 2014)

Exclusive interview with Mike Matei ZeldaUniverse (Dec 5th 2014)

Interview with Mike Matei TheStickyPaddle (July 23rd 2014)

Interview with with Cinemassacre’s Mike Matei Geekinsider (July 22rd 2014)

Talking Horror with Cinemassacre’s Mike Matei (July 17th 2014)

Interview with Mike Matei of Cinemassacre (Part 1) Makeuseof.com (July 15th 2014)

Interview with Mike Matei of Cinemassacre (Part 2) Makeuseof.com (July 16th 2014)

NintendoEnthusiast – Interview with Mike Matei (June 24th 2014)

RareGamer – Satlazer talks to AVGN’s Mike Matei (June 23rd 2014)

Comments

• July 16, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Awesome Mike! Glad to see you getting some spotlight (Camera shy or not…) Cinemassacre wouldn’t be the same without you. Shame you won’t be at the Hollywood Premiere on Monday. PS… FIRST.

• Dev3000

July 26, 2014 at 5:51 pm

That’s for sure, it wouldn’t be anywhere near the same, I love the nerd but I like Mike’s stuff just as much, if not more

• assjack

December 5, 2014 at 7:27 pm

REAL #1!

• punkbikerdude

December 6, 2014 at 1:03 pm

REALLY REAL #1 HUR HUR

• 00bam

July 16, 2014 at 5:34 pm

get the avgn movie in fl

• July 16, 2014 at 6:00 pm

good interviews mike

• MetalHorrorNES

July 17, 2014 at 8:50 am

Nice Mike! Btw man, LOVE your figure/toy collection. Giving me a run for my money, I need to get my hands on some Masters of the Universe 80s figures. It kills me because I literally had everything in the collection as a kid but my parents ended up giving them away on me years ago. I’m hoping to start collecting them again soon, may grab some Thundercats too if I see some deals!

• July 17, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Don’t forget G1 Transformers! You can get a glimpse of mine in this video I did a while back http://cinemassacre.com/2012/05/21/top-ten-g1-transformers-that-will-never-make-it-to-a-live-action-feature/

• MetalHorrorNES

July 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Awesome! I have a decent collection on G1, had to rebuy most of it. I was fortunate enough to grab the toys r us reissues back in the early 2000’s, ebay had some good deals here and there etc. With G1 Transformers I mainly need: Megatron, Galvatron, all the dino bots, Computron(technobots), soundwave, blaster, etc. Ways to go yet on that too! Loved the video though and I agree w/ that list! Looks like they screwed up on the dinobots on the recent movie, other than Grimlock, either the names and/or dinosaur species are all f’d up! Wtf, they’re destroying my childhood dude?! Lol!

• July 17, 2014 at 9:34 pm

really cool to read all of those, you learn a lot about what’s behind Cinemassacre. Is there any audio/video review of Mike as well?

• Lukas Sprehn

July 18, 2014 at 4:52 pm

What do you mean by audio/video review of Mike? Are you asking if he’s been videos? Or video and/or audio interviews? Or if he’s done review videos himself?

• July 18, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I had no idea Mike was such an interesting guy. He doesn’t talk nearly as much as he should

• diegowar

July 19, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Nice interviews Mike, I’m still a fan of all the videos you upload, so keep’em coming. One fact that surprised me, is that one of your hobbies is “psychic readings” ? I’m not very knowledgeable about that, but I always thought that only lunatics were into that. And since you’re not crazy at all, well, what’s up with that 🙂 ? Is it for the sheer fun of it, or do you take this stuff really seriously ?

• July 20, 2014 at 2:44 am

It’s just something I do with my girlfriend on occasion for fun.

• diegowar

July 20, 2014 at 7:34 am

Ah then I understand much better. I’ll occasionally read my horoscope simply for fun when I come across one 🙂

• itscmillertime

December 5, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Mike has a girlfriend?!?

• goodpenisbadpenis

December 6, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Like do you mean Tarot cards?

• Bosco

July 25, 2014 at 3:00 am

Great stuff, man! I love the bond you and James share–it isn’t often you get to see people in the limelight have a genuine, long-standing friendship, and then see the team collaborate professionally to accomplish so much. You got mad cheers when your name was brought up in the Q&A at the San Diego screening. If you’re ever out here, let’s getta drink!

• December 5, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Good interview, keep up the good work Mike, i enjoy your vids very much.

• Wally

December 5, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Mike, you forgot the BS Zelda games, http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bszelda.shtml
    You can find them on a cart if you don’t want to download them. They were created by Nintendo. You said you wanted more of the same when it comes to zelda, and this is more of the same from your 2 favorite Zelda games

• December 6, 2014 at 1:42 am

I have to agree with a lot of what Mike had to say in the most recent Dec. 5th interview, especially concerning the controls for the new Zelda. I bought Twilight Princess for the Wii and a friend bought it for the Gamecube. While the Wii version had better graphics, I hated having to swing around the damn Wiimote. It was cool every once and a while, like for fishing. But having to swing the Wiimote for hours on in got boring, especially considering that Link’s swings did not exactly coincide with how I swung the Wiimote. Eventually, I ended up being envious of my friend who had the GC version because at least he could use a controller. In fact, the only game I remember working with a controller on the Wii was Resident Evil 4. Everything else required me to swing like a monkey and look like a jackass. Here’s hoping the new Zelda can be enjoyed while relaxing in a recliner from a single, lazy position.

Great interview, Mike. I’m looking forward to J&MM featuring Zelda games.

• Moose Of Woe

December 6, 2014 at 8:53 am

The Legend of Zelda (original) is my favorite in the series as well. It’s a very under appreciated game. if Chrono Trigger didn’t exist it would be my favorite game of all time.

• goodpenisbadpenis

December 6, 2014 at 3:52 pm

you mean to tell me that you like the original gameboy zelda over the gamecube windwaker? What the fuck ever!

• December 8, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Personally, I hated Wind Waker. This, coming from a guy who loves the series so much that I named my daughter Zelda.

Besides, Link’s Awakening is phenomenal.

• December 8, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Dear Mike Matei or aka( Mother Fucker Mike) I read all the Zelda Universe Interviews it’s awesome I love it that you love Zelda Games I love Zelda games too. It’s one of best Nintendo franchise games of all time is it ok I can ask you Six question any sense you answer one of them.

I know you guys Made video’s from Cinemassacre and Youtube of The Legend of Zelda game’s what one video that you love and working hard to made a video?

What’s your favorite Legend of Zelda game ever?

Would you dressed up like link or other characters and what type of link you’ll pick one of the game’s if Not?

From 2008 you and James made a AVGN: Chronologically Confused About The Legend Of Zelda Timeline do you got the legend of Zelda timeline book?

Do you ever played ever The Zelda CDi I know James Beat two of them from AVGN: CD-I Part 2 – Zelda Wand of Gamelon and AVGN: CD-I Part 3 – Link The Faces of Evil?

I missed your AVGN Title Card all end to AVGN: ROB the Robot 100TH what’s your Favorite Zelda Title card from AVGN EPISODE?

Think you for your time I hope you Answer one of them and write me email back I’ll see you later.

• December 13, 2014 at 7:02 am

Great interview! I wish these guys were my friends. My friends are boring. Kentucky only grows rednecks and not nerds. 🙁

• January 27, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Hello Motherfucker Mike I’m a fan of your’s from mar vista California I wonder if you can do a game review on the kingdom hearts 3 that’s in development. P.S. later

• January 28, 2015 at 3:00 pm

My name is Number 96 Dark Mist coming from mar vista California. For the love of God! Do a Game Video on Kingdom Hearts I.5 H D Re Mix & Kingdom Hearts II.5 H D Re Mix that’s on the PS 3 system. You James & you to Mike must do the review on these to kick ass games!!!!!!!!

• Giacomo Piancatelli

February 3, 2015 at 2:55 am

I’ve always had this idea. We know from the Ikari Warrior episode that , in the AVGN universe, resurrection is possible. We also know that the Nostalgia Critic and Board James live in the same universe from Kickassia, so Board James and the AVGN live in the same universe as well. The confirm is in the 115 episode of AVGN , where they’ve actually met each other. So, this is my point. If Justin’s character, the Guitar Guy has been resurrected by using the ABBA code from Ikari Warriors, couldn’t Motherfucking Mike and Bad Luck Bootsy get resurrected by using the potion of Deadly Danger Dungeon?

• Deathbringer

February 3, 2015 at 7:55 am

I like how this was posted in “Latest Videos.”

• taykel

February 3, 2015 at 7:56 am

I was reading the recent interview and was a bit surprised this topic was brought up. I remember people for a while freaking out because it was just Mike on the website and not James releasing videos. James was making his movie and couldn’t post anything except for his updates. Well at least in the few years since, most people such as myself have grown to like Mike.

• February 3, 2015 at 9:55 am

Read a few of these – likeable chaps, the pair of you. Board James is a great series, nice mini-movies. More please!

• trina_crys

February 3, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Mike is awesome glad he’s been in front of the camera more lately.

• February 3, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Well done Mike..
    I really love the James and Mike Monday videos…please keep doing them!!!

• February 3, 2015 at 7:59 pm

neat! you deserve some attention.

• unicornprincessofhearts

February 3, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Is it just me or is the drink a beer and play a game link broken for everyone? sad face. I love the whole cinemassacre family! Keep up the awesome work!!

• Miles Holden

February 5, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Awesome. 🙂

• February 15, 2015 at 1:29 pm

• February 15, 2015 at 1:34 pm

• February 15, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Do PS3 Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD ReMiX and Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMiX it must be done. Both of these games are hug a request form all video game players. Because Kingdom Heats III is taking to fucking dame long.

• February 15, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Do Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD ReMiX and Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMiX on Playstation 3 as well as Kingdom Hearts III for Playstation 4 and X-Box One. It’s on of the best series ever.

• February 15, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Do PS3 Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD ReMiX and Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMiX my friends have been waiting for this mike!!!!!!!!!!!!

• February 25, 2015 at 10:14 pm

do kingdom hearts ii FINAL-MIX

• March 9, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Next Monday just for fuck sake do Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD ReMIX PS3 Game O.K. Motherfucker

• July 17, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Super Mario Maker 9/11/2015 Wii U Super Mario Maker 9/11/2015 Wii U

• July 17, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Super Mario Maker 9/11/2015 Wii U

• July 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Goosebumps Movie Jack Black 10/16/2015 Goosebumps Movie Jack Black 10/16/2015

• July 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Goosebumps Movie Jack Black Comes Out ON 10/16/2015

• October 26, 2015 at 12:37 am

James Rolfe And Mike Matei Please Please Please Please Please Please Bring back more & New AVGN Episodes it’s been so Long since you have made ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• October 26, 2015 at 12:38 am

James Rolfe And Mike Matei Please Please Please Please Please Please Bring back more & New AVGN Episodes it’s been so Long since you have made ANY You’r fans miss the AVGN show!