AVGN MOVIE – DVD VERSION AVAILABLE

James / May 13th, 2015

After the release of the Blu-ray version of Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie, we’re pleased to announce that it is now also available on standard DVD format. Get it on Amazon.

There was a delay, because, after jam-packing the Blu-ray with over 10 hours of features, we found out how limited DVD technology is. We came to the realization that there is no possible way to fit all those same features on a DVD, unless we spread it out over multiple discs, and then the price would have been as much as the Blu-ray! So we had to be very selective with the bonus features. I made sure only the best features made it on, and we pushed dvd technology to the absolute limits. We just wanted to deliver as much as possible, which is very much in the spirit of the film itself!

Here’s what’s included:

MOVIE (with 5.1 Surround Sound)
BONUS AUDIO TRACKS
Commentary with Sean, Kevin, James
Audience reaction track (using the best existing audio from the Egyptian Theater premiere in Hollywood, and New York City)
COSTUMES –  (9 mins, 21 secs)
SPECIAL EFFECTS –  (39 mins, 53 secs)
CAST – (15 mins, 13 secs)
Howard Scott Warshaw (9 mins, 20 secs)
MUSIC & SOUND –  (15 mins, 26 secs)
BLOOPER REEL –  (5 mins, 19 secs)
DELETED SCENE – “Nerds Before Birds” –  (1 min, 39 secs)
Cyborg Death Skull From Galaxy X –  (15 secs)
INSIDE LOOK (7 mins, 26 secs)
Trailer 1 (2 mins, 49 secs)
Trailer 2 (2 mins, 27 secs)
VFX – BEFORE AND AFTER – (11 mins, 25 secs)
Subtitles: English, Spanish

So what’s next? VHS? I’m half-joking. That would be pretty retro, wouldn’t it?

An updated list on ways to see the AVGN Movie (we like to keep plenty options for you)

Blu-ray on Amazon.com

DVD on Amazon.com

See details on the 10+ hours of bonus content here.

Streaming options:

Vimeo On-Demand

GOG

YouTube

Steam

Comments

• whatabird

May 13, 2015 at 1:12 pm

You must have to do the VHS tape of AVGN the movie, that will be incredibly awesome, there are still plenty of blank VHS tapes on the internet and in shops ! 🙂

• May 16, 2015 at 6:54 am

Are u still angry that the avgn pooped in ur bed and made the love to ur mother?

• May 20, 2015 at 11:23 am

Post your banknumber, we’ll have a whip-round. I’ll bet plenty of people would donate just to shut you the hell up already.
      I sincerely hope for your sake you’re trolling, otherwise you’ve got some serious issues with letting minor stuff go. In fact, the collected money could go to some counseling sessions.

• May 21, 2015 at 4:16 pm

I agree. There are a few companies that still make limited run VHS titles for their films. One company is Mondo (poster company from Austin, TX) Here is the link to the site just in case anybody is wondering what I am referring to : http://mondotees.com/collections/vhs (just an example)

It would be very fitting for Cinemassacre to release this film on VHS (even if only in a small limited run) because of the cinemassacre video store, and because it would be cool because VHS is where Cinemassacre has it’s roots before youtube.

• May 13, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Agree with that. If you make a VHS version, I will definitely buy it.
    Betamax/Laserdisc?
    Btw. what do I have to do to legally produce copies of the AVGN Movie on Video 2000 (a rare obsolete – but awesome – video format that only exists in Germany, Austria and the Netherlands)?

• May 13, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Well there be Blu-ray Combo Pack Version? If Blu-ray Combo Pack Version happen. Can we ship Blu-ray Version and extra dollars to you for Blu-ray Combo Pack Version as Upgrade?

• May 13, 2015 at 4:50 pm

I actually tweeted a VHS cover to you guys. IT WOULD BE SWEET

• Paul Sendell

May 13, 2015 at 5:00 pm

DVD?
    HELLLLL YEA BOI!

• May 13, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Thank you for making this available on DVD. Long live the DVD!

Sometimes I like to watch DVDs on my Win98 PC. That’s how retro I can go sometimes.

• May 20, 2015 at 1:00 pm

I’m holding a presentation about Retrogaming in a few weeks. I use an NES plus a VHS (for Hires Pics & video) as a presenter.
      Also when it comes to Windows, I prefer 3.11
      Don’t tell me about retro. Also I use Audio Cassettes on a daily basis.

• May 13, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Put my order in.I wouldn’t have minded paying the same price as the Bluray for an extra disc with more features.I’d be up for a two disc dvd set or hell just a separate Making of the AVGN movie dvd with the rest of the features.

• May 13, 2015 at 8:21 pm

I for one will buy DVD or ITunes if I have no choice; but if Blu-ray is out their I get that.

• Ben_from_G-town

May 13, 2015 at 10:42 pm

FINALLY! I’ve been waiting for this. I don’t have a Blu-Ray player yet and I don’t do digital, so I still haven’t seen the movie yet. I just got finished ordering it. I will be looking forward to its arrival.

• Ben_from_G-town

May 19, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Alright, so I got the DVD in the mail yesterday, and I just finished watching the movie earlier, and the special features just now. I’m going to go ahead and give my scattered, fresh thoughts on it right now.

SPOILER WARNING –

I will say that I thought the movie was pretty good. The plot with Deathmothsus or whatever his name was didn’t make much sense, but I think that was the point. There were a few cheesy jokes that were a bit overdone, like the fans doing the E.T. conga line, “haha it sounds like they’re having sex but they’re not”, and the videogame company being named Cockburn. Gamecops = Gamestop? Eh. Not every joke hit its mark. Stuff like “retinal scan” actually being “rectal scan”, AVGN using ancient dial-up to play an old version of the same MMO as Coop (which is clearly impossible), and Zandor switching the “space metal” with tinfoil, was funny. During the car chase, I liked the cars running into random boxes, the fruit stand – which caused a Wilhelm Scream, and the glass not breaking, but causing the car’s engine to explode. Overall, I’d say the movie was mostly pretty funny.

The cameos for Kyle Justin, Mike Matei, Pat the NES Punk, and others were nice. I loved the purposefully cheesy special effects, like Mandi getting grabbed by the monster being an obvious doll. 😀 The general character was hilarious. I wondered if the hippies showing up that the Atari landfill were meant to be a take off on Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I never really thought of it until now, but it occurred to me when his boss told AVGN to put on his nametag. He doesn’t really have a name. It’s just “The Nerd”. 😀 Nerds before birds was a good joke. The alien was funny looking and was a fun character. I guess it was EEE TEE and not E.T. for copyright reasons? I could’ve sworn they had it as “E.T.” at one point in the movie, though. Oh well.

We finally got the long-awaited E.T. review during the credits. The review itself was actually pretty good. I’d still say the game is unfair and frustrating, even though AVGN didn’t think it was that bad. I’m not sure if it’s the worst game of all time, but it definitely caused some problems for Atari and the entire videogame industry. The story surrounding it is probably more interesting than the game itself. I liked The Nerd’s parting words as well. It was a fun movie! I liked how it expanded the world of the Nerd. The music was great. The movie was well worth the wait!

Congratulations on fulfilling your dream, James!

• taykel

May 14, 2015 at 8:59 am

At last. I was ready to give up waiting. I will be able to support you when I get my hands on the DVD in the near future. You always never find a way to put us down. God bless you James. God bless you.

• itscmillertime

May 14, 2015 at 7:33 pm

I really do want a VHS version. A few months back I found a box of 50 unopened VHS tapes out by the dumpster behind my apartment. Terminator box set, Indiana jones, citizen Kane (seriously). What were they thinking!?!?

• DMM_poo

May 14, 2015 at 9:08 pm

I already have the blu Ray, but I would buy a VHS copy.

• Mihoshi20

May 15, 2015 at 2:57 am

Hooray! The DVD has arrived! It is unfortunate that the limits of how much you can pack onto a disc lead to some blu-ray only extras, but I am overwhelmed to finally see it released on DVD and hope it has a good sales run. Having bought it on GOG to watch and on Steam for support in wait for the DVD release. I’m happy to finally be able to watch a lot of the bonus features. Though I’m sure it would be very difficult now a days to do a VHS release, especially with 5.1 audio encoding. It would be amusing to see, even as a very limited edition run, as costly and impractical as that would be and still have a professional quality release.

• May 15, 2015 at 3:12 am

I am also partial to wanting a VHS copy in my grubby lil hammies. You should go ahead and do it.

• May 15, 2015 at 2:58 pm

I would pay a hundred dollars for a LaserDisc copy of this movie, no joke

• May 17, 2015 at 3:30 am

hey James for 2015 are you going to do a movie reviews of Jurassic World, Terminator Genesis with a y, The CGI Peanuts movie, Creed the last Rocky movie, and Star Wars episode 7 the force awakens?

• Jonathan Schoonmaker

May 17, 2015 at 4:26 pm

If you make a VHS version, you should add fake movie trailers.

“Sh!t Pickle: The Motion Picture” would be a good one.

• thirdearth

May 17, 2015 at 5:21 pm

CED. I want to watch it on my Selectavision.

• Anthony Vattimo IV

May 18, 2015 at 7:16 pm

I have difficulty hearing movies so I like to watch them with English subtitles. With this in mind, I noticed a discrepancy between the subtitles listed on this website vs. what Amazon has listed. Here they say English and Spanish while on Amazon they say the following: Spanish, French, and German. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Anthony Vattimo IV

May 18, 2015 at 7:18 pm

It probably goes without saying, but I would like to add that this is for the DVD version.

• May 23, 2015 at 10:20 pm

The Blu-Ray has French and German as well.

• May 24, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Honestly I would have been happy to get the DVD as a multi-disk boxed set with all the bonuses. I love multi-disk DVD boxed sets.

Still, thank you for still releasing the DVD version with a good amount of features. 🙂

• June 1, 2015 at 5:48 am

yeah, i’m dissapointed that he cut like 8 hours of bonus feature when it was supposed to be Exclusive to DVD/BD at least 2 Disk for more extra ;(

• Rob

May 26, 2015 at 2:21 pm

I was thinking of something cool. Remember the Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS combo pack of “V/H/S 2”? Maybe you guys should do that kind of combo pack for your movie like that. If not, maybe a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack then? Just some ideas floating in my head. That’s all!

• June 1, 2015 at 7:34 pm

James, I saw your movie and I loved it. I did a review of it on my blog and I would really love it if you took a look at my review and expressed your thoughts. Here is the link: http://reviewsoffilms.blogspot.com/2015/06/angry-video-game-nerd-movie.html