Cinemassacre COMMENTARIES

James / April 7th, 2015

Check out these commentaries I’ve done on my own films. Some of these are old, and some are new to the web.

Red Zombie (1997)

Kung Fu Werewolf From Outer Space (2001)

Cinemaphobia (2001)

Curse of the Cat Lover’s Grave (2003)

Legend of the Blue Hole (2004)

The Deader The Better (2005)

Also, here’s one from It Came From the Toilet (2001)

Comments

• April 7, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Question that pops to mind would be, “Why are you on this site if you don’t care?” Douchebag.

• Highwing

April 7, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Well he doesn’t have to care about EVERYTHING on the site…

• Don Skiver

April 7, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I’m still floored at how awesome that graveyard set was in “The Deader the Better.” I can’t believe you built that thing inside your garage!

• Rick

April 8, 2015 at 12:32 am

I have the DVD’s but i’m never gonna refuse another format

• April 8, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Such a worthless post.. It really is funny how people love to be dicks for no reason

• Highwing

April 10, 2015 at 5:15 pm

It’s not a worthless post at all. He was obviously just expressing an opinion, no different than the hundreds of comments that say nothing more than “awesome!”, “great video!”, etc. The only reason you think it’s worthless is because you disagree with it. And the only reason I’m defending the post is because I’m just glad to see some people on here who don’t treat James and Mike like gods and love absolutely everything they do.

• April 8, 2015 at 3:12 pm

My favorite is Cinemaphobia, because I love how it was put together mainly by James himself and there’s some great stories to go with the filming, like the fire engine incident. Legend Of The Blue Hole is also a great one because of how James explains how it was all put together, plus growing up near the Pine Barrens in NJ most of my life, it is really cool the project was so close to home when it was filmed at the time.

I love these and I’d love to hear commentaries on your own films. Even new ones would be awesome if it’s possible.

• Rick Bang

April 8, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Great commentaries. I must say I’m particularly fond of Cinemaphobia. It was quite chilling in some moments and the home-made style only further increases that unsettling feel. The scene in the staircase is pretty cool, I didn’t know it was inspired by another movie. I also really liked the ending, it makes you wonder if the character lost his grip on reality.

You talked about a sequel, but I have to wonder if you would be interested in remaking it? I can only imagine what you’d put this time around in the dream sequence. Great stuff!

• Alen Žižak

April 9, 2015 at 8:24 pm

I know you scraped the series because of the AVGN success, but do you still want to/planning to make more Jersey Odyssey episodes?

• JayRam

April 10, 2015 at 12:41 am

Huh. My comment doesn’t show. Let’s try it again.

Hope James gives us some update on the Jersey Odyssey series as Legend of the Blue Hole is one of my favorite movies by him.

After he made the AVGN movie, I was thinking of the next movie he might do. I instantly thought of the Jersey Odysseys, and how cool it would be if he did it as an anthology film; each short movie would be a different genre, allowing him to mix it up. I would buy the Blu-ray for sure.

• April 27, 2015 at 10:36 pm