AVGN Adventures – Wii U – Launch Trailer!

Mike Matei / April 2nd, 2015

Join the Nerd and friends as they blast their way through 10 levels of fun, fast paced 2D action based on the AVGN’s adventures in his online series. With multiple playable characters, power ups, cameos galore, tons of secrets, and more, we’ve made a game that all fans of video games will enjoy. So grab that gamepad and pick up a copy of AVGNA today!

Don’t have a Wii U? Live on a different rock? Don’t worry! Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures will be coming to the 3DS and Europe shortly!

Please visit Nintendo eShop on Wii U to purchase! Click on eShop, then do a search for “AVGN”.

Get more info about AVGNA on the Wii U here:

Comments

• valnn

April 2, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Its a great game. too bad i already beat it or i may consider buying it on the wii-u

• Katana

April 2, 2015 at 7:34 pm

AVGN is funny not because the game is shitty but his reaction to the shitty game. His anger. And what would make him angry? More than just a bad game. It’s because he just put $50 of his hard earned money into a game and it turned out to be shit. This premise works for games such as Back to the Future, Superman, etc because it’s reasonable that someone would pay $50 for those games and they turned out to be a disappointment. Nobody would buy the Japanese game so there is no reason for him to be angry. He is just reviewing a bad game. James is smarter than this and I’m not quite sure what is going through his head. Maybe he is burnt out, etc. which would be understandable after over 10 years.

• Lukas Sprehn

April 2, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Sorry Katana, but what are you talking about?

• unicornprincessofhearts

April 2, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Agreed….what are you talking about??

• Katana

April 2, 2015 at 10:53 pm

Avgn is a fictional character that is angry. In his fictional world why would he be angry about a bad game? In his fictional world he is playing a character that bought a shitty game. That would kiss you off when you were expecting a good game. In his fictional world there was no internet reviews so it would completely be a surprise is superman for example was shitty. Why would he be angry at a game (in his fictional world) he never would have bought i.e. The Japanese game. It makes no sense as a story plot for a fictional episode. Clear?

• April 3, 2015 at 4:05 am

Watch out Katana…’Cause these guys are totally devoted to the AVGN cause. I love AVGN, i follow him 5 years now, but i really hate how these “fans” cant (positivily criticize) anything he does, and that is what led James to lower is plot standars. Technically he is way better, but the rest is way worse… sorry guys, its my opinion, and it is also my opinion that its not AVGN fault but his fans, and the “yes-men” mentality. (sorry ’bout my english)

• Tim Smith

April 3, 2015 at 9:30 pm

• Kieran St James

April 12, 2015 at 10:31 am

I guess you’re referring to the “Hong Kong 97” episode? You should really post there, it would be less confusing. :p —- As to why The fictional character would play a foreign game? I believe in this case it was one of those “by extremely popular demand” reviews. Yes, it’s a step out from the norm, however I don’t think the AVGN universe needs to be regarded that seriously.

• Brandon Flynn

April 2, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Was hoping for a console release sometime…and bam! Got it. Seems quite fitting you are on Nintendo I gotta say. Picked this up today and plan on playing it hardcore tonight. Thanks for all the entertainment you provide us, that goes to everyone at cinemassacre.

• SpiderMunn

April 2, 2015 at 3:14 pm

This has got to be a good feeling for you guys, congrats.

• chikpee

April 2, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Any chance of a Mac release? Pleeeeeeease?

• April 16, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Do mostly to my view of DRM I don’t what it on steam I what it on gog.com. Today with the way hardware is The Windows, Mac, and Linux has no real meaning anymore since their all based on Unix. Simmer to how IBM and IBM Compatible computers all had MS-DOS in common. So it may take time port it to Intel and ADM CUPs but after that I’m 100% sure any Windows, Mac, or Linux user well have the option to play it.

• OMA

April 25, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Wow, this is one of the worst written comments I’ve read in a long time. Plus you got some wrong facts, such as Windows being based in Unix, which it’s not

• May 4, 2015 at 8:00 am

Mr OMA

You didn’t read so you got mixed up. I hate it people don’t read. Windows XP and higher are based on Unix not DOS and nothing any one can say or do that will make that view defeit like calling wine an Windows Emulator witch it is.

• KevinT1149

April 2, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I have always been a console gamer and not PC so when this orginally came out I wanted to play it but never bothered because until I have a good enough PC I just don’t like buying games for it. So when I heard this was coming out for Wii U I instantly put the funds into my account and picked the game up. I am loving it. Not sure how Nintendo caved into accepting this game onto their store but I am glad Nintendo approved it. I think AVGN should come out with a retail version that mimics the Mega Man 10 where you have a NES cart and inside is the disc. That would be a awesome collectors edition.

• Katana

April 2, 2015 at 7:36 pm

• Lukas Sprehn

April 2, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Why are you posting this message twice here, to two different people? Is it a bug? Or mistake?

• haki79

April 3, 2015 at 3:33 am

Take a nap. Drink some juice. Make some eggs and hashbrowns. Your post is bizarre. Cheers.

• rabidchild

April 3, 2015 at 5:43 am

Yeah, or maybe you’re just bringing your own crazy to the table. If you haven’t figured it out yet, perhaps the words of Maynard might help. All you read and Wear or see and Hear on TV Is a product Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar So … Shut up and Buy!

• Emery Eliason

April 2, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Yes! I just got a wii u, fuck yeah. I was sad because i couldn’t play the game but now i can! This makes buying the wii u worth it, also i can watch cinemassacre on it whenever i want.

• MrPlow3

April 2, 2015 at 4:22 pm

I think I’m the only person in the US who actually bought a Wii U, so good news for me. The rest of you can suck it 😛

• AbareKiller

April 2, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Nice, will be buying it soon… was waiting on the console release… just doesn’t feel right playing a platformer on the PC.

• April 2, 2015 at 4:51 pm

oh shit! i gotta get that!

• Don Skiver

April 2, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Holy shit! Can’t fucking wait until the 3DS release! I don’t have a Wii U…but my brother has a 3DS I can borrow!!!

• aaron Garcia

April 2, 2015 at 6:22 pm

cant wait to buy

• Noah Hill

April 2, 2015 at 6:34 pm

WOW! I will for sure get this on 3ds!
    This is soo rad!

• April 2, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Congrats!

• Katana

April 2, 2015 at 7:34 pm

• April 2, 2015 at 11:04 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO, so unfair. Please put this on either the 360, ps3, or ps vita. ESPECIALLY the PS Vita.

• Weldin Dunn

April 2, 2015 at 11:10 pm

I got it as soon as I got home. Since I don’t have a Windows, I had to wait over a year to play.

• greedo

April 2, 2015 at 11:17 pm

You’re on Wii U, now? Congratulations! This is huge! You guys have hit the big time! I would so buy this game, if I had a Wii U!

• pleasetakeabow

April 2, 2015 at 11:40 pm

This new just made my day!!!

• April 3, 2015 at 1:48 am

It would be so nice if the game would also be release for PS4 and XB1.

• Paul Sendell

April 3, 2015 at 4:39 am

WILL THIS GET A UK WII U RELEASE??

• King L.

April 3, 2015 at 10:48 am

Good to know that it’s UNCENSORED.

• Joker83

April 3, 2015 at 11:23 am

I have always wanted to play this but do not do gaming on PC. Thank you for bringing this to WiiU!!! This is amazing, playing AVGN on a Nintendo console, what a dream come true for you James. I love this, thank you!

• April 3, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Congratulations! I enjoyed the hell out of this on Steam last year.

• Tristan Oakunsheyld

April 3, 2015 at 11:37 pm

HOLY SHIT IMA BUY THIS FOR MY 3DS SO FAST

• April 4, 2015 at 12:10 am

All due respect, but why put your game on the current gen console with the absolute lowest install base (and with zero chance of catching up to the other two)? If you wanna play with the big boys, bring it to Xbone or PS4 (especially the latter, since it’s the top seller in the US and worldwide).

Hopefully you gain some sales on 3DS though. I mean, at least that’s a console that’s owned by more than 17 people.

• April 4, 2015 at 12:33 am

wow, it’s not like there’s a nostalgic factor or anything. Xbone is really bad for indie’s as far as their policies go. Millions of Wii U owners is still millions of potential customers.

• April 4, 2015 at 12:31 am

Just bought it & can’t wait to play it!

• April 4, 2015 at 8:16 am

I’ve been waiting a long time to play this game. And it was totally worth it. You guys should be proud of this loving homage to all the classic games we love to hate!

• April 4, 2015 at 8:20 am

PSN plesse

• Fabio

April 5, 2015 at 2:40 am

I live in Japan and own a japanese wiiu.
    Since the shop is country locked, any chances to see the game in japanese eshop?
    Thanks everybody 🙂

• MetalHorrorNES

April 5, 2015 at 11:08 am

Wow this games is HARD! Fucking skull boxes!! Just bought it last night, definitely fun and very fitting on a Nintendo console! Would’ve been cool if they could made it two player., maybe in a sequel?

• April 5, 2015 at 11:47 pm

It is truly fitting that this arrived on Nintendo but if this game were to port on to Xbox and Playstation it would explode! This is the kind of indie game that gamers froth at the mouth for. I would definatly buy this in a heartbeat if it were to come on the Xbox and all dlc (hint hint, wink wink) as well. You brought the players one hell of a great game, now its time to bring it home for everyone to enjoy.

• April 6, 2015 at 1:01 pm

How is this game? I’ve both a Wii U and 3DS in my arsenal. Though, I usually prefer to play my games with a controller if I can.

• April 7, 2015 at 4:35 pm

I love this game. It feels right at home on the Wii U. I have cleared every major level except the snow one, because of those damned ghosts. But still, this game is awesome. The stage designs are very good – much like Mega Man, you go in getting your butt kicked, but if you stick to it you will be able to ace it later on.

AVGN fans and Nintendo fans – please support this game. I assure you it is worth it.

• April 7, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Also, Nintendo needs to put this on their front page on E-shop! It’s better than most of the games on their, regardless its content….just my two cents.

• April 12, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Nintendo tends to be pretty quiet about games that are rated Mature. Hence why it was not included in the rundown of new and upcoming indie titles on the Nintendo Direct.

I’m actually very pleasantly surprised Nintendo put it on the eshop at all.

• Francis Roy

April 7, 2015 at 10:30 pm

I already own it on Steam, but I can’t wait for the 3DS version. Playing this on the crapper will be a blast! 😛

• Dean Nielsen

April 9, 2015 at 6:11 pm

This game is punishingly hard. It exploits all of the cheap tactics that are so often found in “bad games”: one hit deaths (with a health-bar), lose weapon power-ups on damage, twitch-reflex maps that require memorization, enemies shooting through walls that you can’t, not being able to look up/down with pitfalls, enemies @ angles that you can’t hit & shitty general power-ups. It’s almost a parody of how bad a game can be instead of a parody of bad games. Don’t get me wrong, I like it, but by deliberately inserting the “skull blocks”, I felt cheated by a lazy game mechanic.

• May 10, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Hi is AVGN Adventures game coming to PSN or Xbox Live Anytime soon? I’ve got a PS3.

• Berkeley_Bum

May 11, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Watch James be a new character in Smash because of this, haha.